Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

AlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightAlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of light

Default Mac How-To's: Everything you need to know

Thanks for coming to this guide!

I own a Mac, and sometimes people only post how-to's for their own brand of computer, i.e., Windows. I decided to post this guide to help everyone who has a Mac to know how to do things not covered by other guides. Here I will cover things like refreshing, taking and uploading screenshots, and uploading real-life photos.

Refreshing

Refreshing the page is simple enough once you know how to do it. This covers Safari. Here is the guide:

1. Can you see the toolbar? The toolbar is the part underneath the title of the page. It has the URL, add bookmark button, and stuff like that.
2. If you can't see the toolbar, click 'View' under in the bar at the very top of the screen
3. Click 'View Toolbar' from the 'View' menu.
4. The toolbar should pop up. Click the swirly arrow thing in it.
4. Tada! You've refreshed! If you don't have the refresh button, PM me.

Screenshots

Taking screenshots with a Mac is easy once you get used to it.

1. Press and hold Shift, Command, and 4 on your keyboard. Don't let go until all three of them are pressed at the same time.
2. Click and hold the left mouse button.
3. Drag the mouse until the square is around what you want to take a picture of.
4. Let go of the mouse
5. Scroll down when posting on WI until you see 'Manage Attachments.' Click it.
6. Click 'Choose File.'
7. Find and click 'Picture 1,' 'Picture 2,' etc. Click 'Upload.'
8. Tada! Now just post your thread. This won't work for Webkinz families threads unless you can cleverly manage it, because you have to click the pics to see them in full size. See my example.Sorry! I forgot to add it in.

Uploading Real-Life Photos

Uploading real-life photos is a bit trickier. You will need a memory card reader and iPhoto, plus (Duh!) a camera and a memory card.

1. Take the picture.
2. Take out the memory car and put it in the card reader where it fits.
3. Open iPhoto.
4. Click 'Import.' Wait...
5. Once its finished importing, click the photo you want to import.
6. Click 'Email' at the bottom of the screen.
7. In 'To' put your your own email address or the address you're emailing from.
8. Send it.
9. Check your email.
10. Drag the image to your desktop.
11. Do the same as you would to upload a screenshot, but look for the title of the image you emailed yourself.
12. Wala!

Thank you for reading this guide! Hope I helped!
AlohaWebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Mac How-To's: Everything you need to know

Thanks for the guide! I have a mac laptop, and I JUST found out today how to take a screenshot.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
HomieWHONKā„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Thanks for the info This will be helpful in the future
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
Adventure Time!(:

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

Thank you very much, for this thread guide.

I sometimes go on Webkinz & WI on my Mac.

Normally, I use my PC for screenshots and other things.

But, this was helpful, too!

Thanks! Rep. point!!

XOXO,
~PrincessT.~
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 11:39 PM   #5

AlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightAlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you guys!
AlohaWebkinz is offline Female
Closed