Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Gift Guru

LunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default LunarKitten's Guide to making GREAT posts!

LunarKitten's Guide to Making Great Posts!

Ever wonder why some posts get all the attention, while others seem to fade away with minimal responses?

Why are some posts attention grabbers, while others appear ignored?

A good reason for this, might be in how the post is composed.

With LunarKitten's Guide to Making Great Posts, you'll soon be on your way to making popular, well-received topics, replies, and more!

Here is my list of ways that you can improve your posts!

1. A clear, concise title.
  • When making a new post, make sure your topic title is descriptive of the message inside! By making a great title, you're peaking people's interest to read your thread.
  • Try your best not to have any spelling or grammar errors in the title.
2. A clear, concise idea in the message.
  • Again, when the message is clear, people will better be able to respond!
  • Describe what you want to talk about, or bring to people's attention as best you can.
  • Try to avoid chat-speak. When your message is typed "LyKe diS", that can make people take you less seriously, therefore not wanting to read what you wrote. It can be very difficult to know what you are trying to say if you purposely spell things wrong.
  • Try your best to use proper grammar and punctuation. Run on sentences and rambling can make your message hard to read!
  • If you are responding to something that somone said within the post, use the "quote" button! This way, others will know who you are responding to.
Once you have typed out your message, edit! Below are some editing ideas! Before you press that "post" button, try to check your post for ways it might be improved!

1. Add colour, but not too much colour!
  • If you like to add colour and pictures to your messages, try not to over-do it!
  • Use colours that are easily read. Yellow text on a light blue background are hard to read!
  • Use of too many colours, fonts, or pictures can make your post look sloppy and hard to read!
  • Colour doesn’t need to be used in every thread. Often, a plain text post is just as effective as a fancy one.
2. Keep the thread organized.
  • Keep similar ideas under similar headers or paragraphs.
  • Try to keep on topic. Don't wander from one idea to another.
  • Use the spell checker! It's that littleClick the image to open in full size. icon
Other Great Tips!
  • Make sure you post in the right forum. Don't post a thread about Webkinz in Open Mike, or a thread about Games in the Houzes forum.
  • Make posts that are meaningful. Don't just post for the sake of it. Try to make a contribution, rather than just earn posting points.
---I will continue to build on this thread! If you have suggestions, please let me know!

Last edited by LunarKitten; 11-12-2008 at 02:05 PM..
LunarKitten is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Gifted

hconnors is a jewel in the roughhconnors is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: LunarKitten's Guide to making GREAT posts!

Great tips - it's always good to have reminders on effective communication.
hconnors is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
peppergirl11
Webkinz :)

PrettyinPink12 is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyinPink12 is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyinPink12 is a glorious beacon of light

great thread.
PrettyinPink12 is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
Umm..IDK! xDD

[xo] Soccer♥ is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much, this will really help me for when I make a thread, or an important post! Thanks for posting this, I am sure it will help a lot of members get their threads more noticed!

-Soccer
[xo] Soccer♥ is offline Female
Old 11-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #5
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

I love the Guide. Very helpful.
Jake is offline Male
Old 11-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #6
Autism Awareness

WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!

Thank you so much for the tips.I will be sure to use them.
WWhimsyDragon
WWhimsyDragon is offline Female
Old 11-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
uvs Kris Allen ♥
Gifted

rocky654 is a glorious beacon of lightrocky654 is a glorious beacon of lightrocky654 is a glorious beacon of light

Great guide! I will surely use this for extra refrence!

Rep for you!

~rocky
rocky654 is offline Female
Old 11-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
Gift Guru

LunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledgeLunarKitten flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thanks! I am glad this has been useful!
LunarKitten is offline Female
Old 11-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #9
Call me Elia :]

lilgurl99999 will become famous soon enough

i luv this thread thanks!
lilgurl99999 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
ctnf

SingerStar456 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSingerStar456 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSingerStar456 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSingerStar456 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSingerStar456 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSingerStar456 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSingerStar456 flows towards the sea of knowledgeSingerStar456 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thank you so much for posting on my thread and letting me know about your thread!! It is very helpful!! Thanks again! Rep Points for you!!

SingerSar456♥
SingerStar456 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
first tag!great thread!