Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
Meadowlark

Lightbulb HURRAY! Here's how I FINALLY got my STUCK floating objects BACK INSIDE MY ROOMS ! ! !

I'm so excited to be able to share this information! I hope it will help many people with objects stuck outside their rooms!

This morning I discovered a way to recover two objects which had been stuck floating outside the left boundary of their rooms.

Many people have posted about objects which have mysteriously hopped out of their rooms. Most of the time, leaving the room and returning or logging out and then back in again fixes the problem, but sometimes an object becomes stuck outside the room and stubbornly resists all attempts to get it back. In my case the stuck objects were a book and a planter of daisies.

Today I had a brainstorm about this situation.
I tried it out and it worked! I was so surprised that you could have knocked me over with a feather! The book and the planter are now backinto their rooms. I hope I may have discovered the key to fixing"permanently" stuck objects.

Here's what I did:

In addition to the stuck book and daisy planter I also had two small white beach tables that would not allow me to place anything on top of them. If I tried to put something on them I'd receive a message saying "the container is full". This was odd because a table isn't a container, but I assumed it was just another glitch.

Looking back I now realize that those two tables had originally been in the same roomsas the permanently stuck book and daisy planter. In fact, beforeit became permanently stuck the book had been on top of a small white beach table AND so had the daisy planter !

Back when this problem first occurred I hadn't thought about a connection between the objects stuck outside the rooms and the tables that wouldn't let me put anything on them. I'd moved the tables around, not paying attention to which was which. Eventually I'd moved them to other rooms where they could be used without putting anything on top of them. I have quite a few of those little tables and after a while I forgot which two had the problem.

Today I just happened to try to put something on one of those tables and I got the message about the container being full. That was when it occurred to me that there might be a connection between the two uncooperative tables and the stuck objects.

I hunted around to find the other table that wouldn't allow anything to be placed on it. When I found it I moved both tablesinto the room that had the book stuck outside. I then left the room for a minute. When I returned, the book which had been stuck outside the room for weeks was back inside sitting on one of the small beach tables that minutes ago had refused to let me put anything on it!

It was like a miracle !

As an experiment I took the book off the table and tried to put a lamp in its place. It worked! Both the table and the book were back to normal!

I then moved the remaining problem beach table into the room with the stuck daisy planter. I left the room and when I returned, the daisy planter was sitting nicely on top of the table.

Since then I've moved all four objects around and tested them in various ways and they all seem to be working normally !

SOOOO . . . . . If you have an object stuck outside a room look for the table or counter that might once have had the object on top of it. In particular, look for a table or counter that refuses to allow anything to be put on top of it - one that gives you the "container full" message. When you think you've found it move it into the room where the object is stuck outside. Cross your fingers, leave the room and come back. Hopefully you'll find the object back inside the room sitting on the table or counter you moved in!

If my theory is correct and you have several stuck objects you will alsohave several tables or counters that won't accept objects on top. In this case you will need to find all of the problem tables and/or counters and put them into one of the rooms that has an object stuck outside. Leave the room and return. If all goes well the stuck object will be back inside the room sitting on top of one of the tables or counters that you brought in.

Then you can move the remaining tables and/or counters to anotherroom with a stuck floating object. Leave, return, and hopefully find the stuck object reunited with its original table or counter. Continue moving the remaining tables/counters to rooms with objects stuck outside until all have been matched up again.

I can't guarantee that this will work for anyone else, but it definitely worked for me.

If you decide to try this, please let me know what happens! I'm very interested to see if this works for others too!

~*~*~ Meadowlark ~*~*~

Last edited by Meadowlark; 10-05-2007 at 08:11 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
carlythemonkey1

Default Re: HURRAY! Here's how I FINALLY got my STUCK floating objects BACK INSIDE MY ROOMS ! ! !

Wow, cool! Mine just always fix themselves because I don't move the tables they were sitting on out of the room.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
Meadowlark

Default Re: HURRAY! Here's how I FINALLY got my STUCK floating objects BACK INSIDE MY ROOMS ! ! !

View Post Originally Posted by carlythemonkey1
Wow, cool! Mine just always fix themselves because I don't move the tables they were sitting on out of the room.
I was doing some major redecorating at the time, moving a lot of things around.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
Uppies
Gift Guru

Uppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I just did the same exact thing this morning with some trophies I had stuck in space. I luckily had a screen cap of the trophies & the pedestals that I was able to use as a reference. It took a few times of logging in & out but it did work.

Uppies
Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
Gifted

goyoga will become famous soon enough

Meadowlark, That is a great idea. I have wondered about this exact thing. My problem is that I have since sold the table in question. I'm wondering if this will work with ANY table?
goyoga is offline Female
Old 09-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
emily7921

Thanks! This is really helpful. I'll be sure to use it next time something gets stuck.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
Meadowlark

View Post Originally Posted by goyoga
Meadowlark, That is a great idea. I have wondered about this exact thing. My problem is that I have since sold the table in question. I'm wondering if this will work with ANY table?
Hi goyoga,

Hmmmmm . . . I doubt it will work with just any table. It seems to me that the object is still linked to that particular table and won't return to normal unless they're reunited. You could try to get the table back, but its programming may have been "re-set" when it was added to the other person's account. If that's the case your object may not recognize it.

I emailed Ganz about my "out-of-bounds" objects a week or so ago and received a reply with directions for getting in touch with them. As you no longer have the table they may be the only ones who can help you.

Here's what the email said:
In order to further assist you with your issue, we will need you to call 1-866-932-5469, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time and provide more information. Please have your account information and secret code handy for account verification.
Good luck!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #8
soccerlady

Good thinking!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
Gift Guru

xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!

That's great!
I just got back my MISSING Mod Moped Scooter.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:36 PM   #10
HailKat
Gifted

chiclit is a jewel in the roughchiclit is a jewel in the rough

Sweeet!

Thanks for that! ^^

~chiclitClick the image to open in full size.
Closed