Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #31
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

Default Re: How to unstick a stuck item on a table: a guide w/ picts

Great! I'm glad it worked for you, jaxcat. I get trophies stuck all the time, & it's a bummer, cause we work so hard for them! but this really works!

Thats cool about your roses! too bad they we're hears desire roses! lol!

Mrs Nick Jonas, if something is stuck on the floor, this doesn't work. sorry. for something stuck on the floor, you'll have to contact ganz. i have a gemstone table that's stuck. but another user to wi has posted that ganz is quite prompt at responding to this issue.
momwhoplays is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #32
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I am so glad my suggestion worked so well for you Momwhoplays! Did you also tell them the reason WHY it does this? When you put item 'a' on item 'b' it associates that physical address as being one in the same. They are linked. Sometimes what happens is you remove the pedestal and the second layer where the item is forgets that it is there and it just kind of hangs there in the second story without a 'forwarding address.' That is why you have to bring the ORIGINAL resident BACK to the place where the hovering item is. I think it works WAY better than calling ganz, don't you?
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 09-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #33
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

thanks for clarifying this, dixie cup. i did not know why it happens, but your explaination is excellent! I believe it was your post that I read weeks or maybe even a month ago or so, & i couldn't remember where i learned it. so thanks for sharing the idea w/ us

Am I correct in saying that you can't do anything about a stuck table, or a stuck item on the floor? I have a d'link game stuck on the floor, and two stuck tables. calling ganz is just at the bottom of my to do list right now. lol!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #34
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

No that stuff is stuck 'under' the grid somehow. The best thing you can do is contact Ganz and tell them (using that 'I have a stuck item form) what you were doing at the time (more often than not it happens when you have the wretched 'please wait...' and you have been clicking a couple of times. The system looks for these things and can't find the values. Let's say your room is a 10X 10 grid, call it the 'Red Garage room'...the Red Roadster was located in the first row across and the second column down, just like a crossword puzzle. It helps them to locate the address of the missing item. Makes their work a LOT easier and gets your item back a lot faster. If you tell them what you were doing at the time they can also figure out if it was the catalyst that created the disappearance and work to insure that it doesn't happen again.

---------- Dixiecup added 4 Minutes and 49 Seconds later ----------

The games are stuck under the floor...did you have them on the floor in the first place? Or did you have a table under them before? Have you ever had them under a table? If you have and haven't sold that table back to the W-shop, put the table back on top of that game...it may still work. The association is still there or else they wouldn't be stuck. It took us a MONTH to figure out exactly which side table my granddaughter had her Ms. Birdy on before we finally got it unstuck from the floor. In the meantime we could put anything on top of it. Pets could walk through it and when we put the cursor on it, the square shifted to outside the room.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 09-02-2008 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-03-2008, 01:43 AM   #35
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS im gonna try this.............................. rep for you.
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 09-03-2008, 02:39 AM   #36
Gifted

WEBKINZ0415 is on a distinguished road

How do you it unstuck if its just sitting on the floor?
WEBKINZ0415 is offline Female
Old 09-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #37
♀ jaxcat ϓ
Gift Guru

jaxcat has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by momwhoplays
Items that are stuck on the floor cannot be unstuck this way. You would have to contace Ganz to get an unstuck item on the floor, a stuck pet, or a stuck vehicle unstuck. You may contact Ganz by filling out their stuck item form on the ww website.

Sometimes clearing the cache, rebooting the computer, scanning for viruses, doing a disck clean up/refrag, or just logging out & logging back in helps w/ those problems.
I think you just have to fill out the form.
jaxcat is offline Female
Old 09-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #38
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by WEBKINZ0415
How do you it unstuck if its just sitting on the floor?
yes, jaxcat is correct, you would fill out the form on the webkinz.com site, right below the purple sign in button. i usually try clearing my cache first. last night my pet became invisible, but resolved after logging out & logging back in. so clearing the cache, doing a virus scan, rebooting, disk clean up, and doing a refrag are always good maintance, but to get a stuck item off the floor, contacting ganz will do.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #39
I love Paramore&
Webkinz :)

webkinz_ has disabled reputation

That's an awsome!

I will try it with my German shephard's item...
But it's the only thing in the room...

Can you help with that?
webkinz_ is offline Female
Old 09-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #40
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

If it is the only item in the room, chances are that they will have NO problem locating it. If you just keep the co-ordinates straight by telling them. Is it a 7X7 room or a 10X10 room. Do the Crossword Puzzle thing. You know, 4 across and 2 down in the Red Garage room. That way they have a good idea of how to unstick it. Make sure you tell them what it IS, too.

The whole thing is a grid...The WHOLE map and your rooms, all gridwork. The Grids go up two layers and out 10X10 or 7X7 or 5X5
Look at the map and how it is 'blended' together. You buy the room and they border the edges so that the rooms fit together, seamlessly. That is where the problem lies, though. Inside those Blanks deep blue lines are basically messages to ignore those squares, they are a dead space. Only the program doesn't always remember that, especially when it is jumping from a 5X5 to a 10X10. That is why Ganz needs you to be precise about room size, what you were doing, what is around it (DON'T MOVE anything in that room until you have retrieved your item, ESPECIALLY DO NOT set anything on top of it, like don't put a bureau on top of a disappeared car location.) If you were moving from a tiny to a big room, put that on the 'Stuck room' form.
Here is a picture of the map, you may understand a bit better when you look at it.
Click the image to open in full size.
Closed

Tags
summer camp graphics!