Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #191
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

Default Re: How to unstick a stuck item on a table: A guide w/ picts

Glad to hear it, 2222r! thanks for stopping by
momwhoplays is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #192
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

I often have stuck objects and always try your technique and it always worked until now. Last week I had a lamp stuck from its side table and your trick didn't unstick it. So I gave up and logged out, then remembered something and logged back in. The lamp was unstuck! I was so happy!
This morning, same thing happened. I did your trick, no result, I logged out and back in, it was unstuck!

Now in my Egyptian room I've had a spider plant stuck on its pedestal for months now. The pedestal was stuck too. I filled out the form for Ganz, and they unstuck the pedestal; but the spider plant was still stuck. Now I didn't want to fill out the form again for the spider plant, because in another room I have a maze made of a zillion spider plants, and I didn't want Ganz to put them all in my dock and wreck my maze! So today I tried your trick again. Didn't work on the first try, so I rotated the pedestal and did it again. Each time, I logged out and back in. Eventually on the third rotation of the pedestal, on logging back in, the spider plant was unstuck! Happy Dance! And yes, I put them back in exactly the same place as before.

Sorry for the long post; but for people with stuck items, the point is: try all rotations. If it doesn't work, try logging out and back in; tedious as it may be, with a bit of patience it will work.

Thank you thank you thank you for giving us this fantastic tool! it always works!

Last edited by Webberlily; 01-22-2009 at 02:44 PM..
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 01-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #193
Webkinz :)

jemkinz is sweet stuff
jemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuff

Donation Award 

Never thought of that -- thanks! Things often get stuck. Some I have to tell Ganz about, but I'd rather try my own ways first. I'll remember ..."rotate".
jemkinz is online now Female
Old 01-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #194
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
I often have stuck objects and always try your technique and it always worked until now. Last week I had a lamp stuck from its side table and your trick didn't unstick it. So I gave up and logged out, then remembered something and logged back in. The lamp was unstuck! I was so happy!
This morning, same thing happened. I did your trick, no result, I logged out and back in, it was unstuck!

Now in my Egyptian room I've had a spider plant stuck on its pedestal for months now. The pedestal was stuck too. I filled out the form for Ganz, and they unstuck the pedestal; but the spider plant was still stuck. Now I didn't want to fill out the form again for the spider plant, because in another room I have a maze made of a zillion spider plants, and I didn't want Ganz to put them all in my dock and wreck my maze! So today I tried your trick again. Didn't work on the first try, so I rotated the pedestal and did it again. Each time, I logged out and back in. Eventually on the third rotation of the pedestal, on logging back in, the spider plant was unstuck! Happy Dance! And yes, I put them back in exactly the same place as before.

Sorry for the long post; but for people with stuck items, the point is: try all rotations. If it doesn't work, try logging out and back in; tedious as it may be, with a bit of patience it will work.

Thank you thank you thank you for giving us this fantastic tool! it always works!
this is useful information! thanks so much for posting!

---------- momwhoplays added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by jemkinz
Never thought of that -- thanks! Things often get stuck. Some I have to tell Ganz about, but I'd rather try my own ways first. I'll remember ..."rotate".
I'm glad this was helpful, Jemkinz! thanks for your complement!

Last edited by momwhoplays; 01-22-2009 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #195

Cassidyslockett is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking Re: How to unstick a stuck item on a table: a guide w/ picts

View Post Originally Posted by momwhoplays
Great! Thanks for your complements! Glad to be of help

THANK YOU!
Cassidyslockett is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #196
Sparklestar888

can you put a table under a stuck item and then do it?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #197
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Sparklestar888
can you put a table under a stuck item and then do it?

Hi Sparklestar! Welcome to WI! if a table originally was under the stuck item, yes, it would work. in my experience, if something is stuck on the floor, putting a table on top of it doesn't work. but ffeel free to try it!

thx for coming by
Old 01-28-2009, 07:32 AM   #198
kjwood51
kjwood51 is on a distinguished road

Yhanks a bunch for passing this along. I have found that this works most of the time. You're great!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #199
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

you're welcome, glad that it helped!
Old 01-31-2009, 01:26 AM   #200

MoonRose will become famous soon enough

I had a book on the Egyptian Scribe's desk, and it 'slipped' down to float in the middle of the desk and looked weird. So I tried to move the book but couldn't grab it, and moved the desk away from it. The book fell to the floor and got stuck there. I couldn't grab it, the cursor slid to outside of the room.

Here's what I did: I gave up, lol. I decided to just hide the book by putting a bed on top of it. (The plain bed with the blue and white striped bedspread, if it makes any difference.) It worked fine, I couldn't see any of the book at all. The next time I went into the room after I had logged out and logged back in, the book was partially showing through the bed. It 'floated up' from the floor somehow, I guess.

So I tried grabbing the part of the book that showed, and it worked! I was able to move it without even moving the bed. (I moved the bed back later to where I had it before, and it moved just fine, too.)

I had some roses slip off of a pedestal onto the floor and just ignored it. The next time I went into the room, they were back on the pedestal. They haven't slid off again since then, although I haven't moved them or the pedestal. I only have a few rooms so far, so I usually walk from room to room instead of 'jumping'.

I think you may have less problems after moving anything around in a room to walk out instead of jumping. There's less work for the program to just call up a neighboring room from the database than having to call up the map, maybe scroll through it, and choose one option out of one for every room you have. It would probably involve a bit less work and a slightly different part of the program to just walk out.
MoonRose is offline Female
Closed

Tags
summer camp graphics!