Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
smurf1120
Webkinz :)

urf1120 is a name known to allurf1120 is a name known to allurf1120 is a name known to all

Default Re: How to uninstall Flash and re-install older version

Hi all;

I had an issue with this. I did try it, and all worked ok until I got to the part about unzipping the file, and finding the one i needed, as I wasn't able to find the file for the older version. So I am going to make a long story short. This is what I did.

While I was at the Adobe flash player website, doing all the above, I noticed the download for Adobe Flash player 11 beta, and figured what the heck let's try it. So I did. I use IE, and I can say so far since I downloaded the 11, WK has been working, "mostly great", by that I mean, I have not froze at all in the Wshop, I have not froze at Alyssa's star challenge, I have not been mysteriously logged out all of a sudden, and actually, it seems to be loading faster. NOW- one thing it is still doing, is giving me that blank/blue screen on the first try of trying to do the daily wishing well, but to me, that is only minor inconvenience. I want to say to everyone to do this AT YOUR OWN RISK, I only tried it on a whim, and it does seem to be working much better than the the previous Adobe flash player 10. If anything else comes up I will update or post on glitch reports.
urf1120 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #12

MelindaS is cool as a bunny clownMelindaS is cool as a bunny clownMelindaS is cool as a bunny clownMelindaS is cool as a bunny clownMelindaS is cool as a bunny clownMelindaS is cool as a bunny clownMelindaS is cool as a bunny clownMelindaS is cool as a bunny clown

Thank you Thank you Thank you. It worked perfectly, YOUR SO SMART
MelindaS is offline Female
Old 08-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #13

nhillier is on a distinguished road

I have had to uninstall flashplayer and install an older version before so it was not so difficult for me. When you download the zip file from the link, right click on it and say open. Then you will get another folder which you need to double click on. Inside this there are two folders, you need to choose the top one, not the one that says _debug. When you get inside this folder there are several different files. You need to double click on two different ones if you are running a different browser besides internet explorer. flashplayer10_3r181_34_win is to run the adobe on FireFox and it worked on Safari for me.. When you double click this file you will get the screen that comes up with run and you just have to follow the instructions on the screen. The file that Sleeping Awake gave in the first post, runs the flashplayer in Internet Explorer. Thank you Sleeping Awake for the great links in your post, I would have been searching all night to find them. I hope this helps people who are having trouble and is not too confusing.
nhillier is offline Female
Old 08-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #14

lschaisson is a jewel in the roughlschaisson is a jewel in the rough

Thank you very much - I know we are not supposed to state our age - but even a "mature" individual could follow your instructions. I thought I was going to have to look for a teenager to fix this for me. Thanks again.
lschaisson is offline Female
Old 08-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #15
ow !!! I can fly

happy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to all

how do I know which ver. I have of flash player? because my sis needs it

I have windows XP help

Last edited by happy1979; 08-26-2011 at 04:31 PM..
happy1979 is offline Female
Closed