Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
Macro is on a distinguished road

Default How to Take Pictures, Save Them, and put them on: For MACS and PCs!!

Hello WI! Today I was lurking the Guides and Howto's board and noticed that there were no guides on taking pictures on Macs or Apple computers! So I'm here to help. I also have a guide to taking pictures on a PC, so don't worry - I've got you covered. I'll try to be as detailed as possible. This is my first ever guide, and I hope it helps you!

**NOTE** This guide should also apply to laptops, both PC and iMac. If you have any trouble following this guide, please PM me or post here!!

Let's go!

F o r . M a c . a n d. P C. U s e r s

Have you ever wanted to post a big picture like this?

Click the image to open in full size.

Or a small picture like this?

Look no further! This section of my guide will help you take pictures on MACS and PCs.

Step 1: IF YOU ARE USING A MAC; Find F13. It should be in the middle of your keyboard, above the arrow keys. Once you find F13, find an image you would like to capture and press F13.
IF YOU ARE USING A PC; Find Print Screen. It should be next to F12 at the top.

Step 2: Open Paint. If you do not have Paint on your computer, open a different editing program. EX: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Paint Shop Pro. You can also use Adobe's free trial on the Adobe website.

Step 3: FOR MAC USERS; To paste your image into your editing program, find the Command button and the letter V on your keyboard. The Command button is next to the spacebar. Press Command and V at the same time to paste your copied image into your program.
FOR PC USERS; Just press Control and V. Control is at the very bottom corner of your keyboard.
You can also resize your image.

See the button at the top of the tool bar that has a dotted square? Use that to resize your image. (Note: this pic was taken in Paint, but usually the square buttom can be found in other editing programs. If you need help, PM me or post on this board)

Step 4: Save your program. I usually save it as PNG because I find it much clearer, but you can save it any way you want. Just select the drop down menu next to the title of your image.

Step 5: Find an image hosting site to upload your image as. I would HIGHLY recommend Photobucket. Go to www.photobucket.com and create an account. If you are under the age of thirteen, ask your parents permission before registering for a photobucket account.

Step 5: Once you are registered, go to "My Albums" at the top of the page on Photobucket. You will see three boxes. Click on "Browse" and look for the image you saved. Then click 'Open' and 'Upload'.

Step 6: Once it has finished uploading, copy the URL under "IMG Code" if you want to post it on WI. If you want to post the link to the pic, select 'Direct Link'. If you want to email it or IM it to somebody, select the 'Email and IM Link'. And if you want to post your pic on a website, select 'HTML Link'!

Step 7: Voila! You have created a picture!

---------- Macro added 4 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

I hope this guide helped you! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

---------- Macro added 38 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

You may also test images on this board.

Last edited by Macro; 10-20-2007 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2007, 11:41 PM   #2

Default Re: How to Take Pictures, Save Them, and put them on: For MACS and PCs!!

Pfft. Not a very successful board.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #3

Default Re: How to Take Pictures, Save Them, and put them on: For MACS and PCs!!

Hmm. Is there something wrong with this guide?