Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
Lil Kinz

Snoogle is an unknown quantity at this point

Default How to reduce file size on large images with little loss of quality!

We've all experienced atleast once where we work so hard to obtain a new avatar or signature, only to find out that its file size is too big. Today we are going to discover a way to reduce file size with out the loss of quality! All we need is a starter image
Click the image to open in full size.
and a program know as gimp.
First of all, save this image to your computer by right clicking and hitting "save image as". Enter something along the lines of "image.png" (the .png will help hold up the quality for a bit).
Next we open it on gimp by clicking on file, then open, then lastly clicking on the image from where you saved it.
Moving on, we go back to the file menu, but this time we will click "save as", when the window comes up title it something like "image.jpg" (the .jpg is really important, so don't change it).
Now we must hit the save button.
upon saving, you will notice a little window with some words on it, just click export.
After you hit export another window will show up. Click advanced options and make sure the window looks exactly like the image below.
hit save to save it for the very last time, and voila, you're finished.
You may lose a little bit of quality, and when you use a larger image the file size goes down more, and the effects are less noticeable.
Snoogle is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
oW I'm really wacky
Gift Guru

Momasandi wows us all with wonderMomasandi wows us all with wonderMomasandi wows us all with wonderMomasandi wows us all with wonderMomasandi wows us all with wonderMomasandi wows us all with wonderMomasandi wows us all with wonderMomasandi wows us all with wonderMomasandi wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 
Default Re: How to reduce file size on large images with little loss of quality!

Rep points to you for posting this thread on here. This is awesome!!! You are right, there have been so many times that I had a great avi that I wanted to use and it says the file size is too big. I will try this and hopefully it will work for me!!! Kudo's to you!!!!
Momasandi is offline Female
Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
kirtty or Potterkinz
Gifted

kirtty is on a distinguished road

Talking Re: How to reduce file size on large images with little loss of quality!

Wow! That was complex and outstanding! Thankyou so much! Not only was that well-written, but easy to follow. I'm not much with computers and now I'm a pro at resizing pictures. I gave you rep points. Thanks so much. Happy Valentine's Day!
kirtty is offline Female
Closed