Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #51
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

suzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wonder

Smile Re: How to: Prevent future Hacks and the explanations for hacking by Softbop and Cuteforpop ***Please Read****

This is great for everyone here! I learned a lot by reading all of it. I'm going to be even more careful now. Thanks!
suzee
suzee is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #52
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Default Re: How to: Prevent future Hacks and the explanations for hacking by Softbop and Cuteforpop ***Please Read****

View Post Originally Posted by lulabell1219
Thank you so much! This helps a bunch.
No problem! We enjoy helping.

Tip: Put all valuables in spaced out small rooms that have not been named. (The numbers it was named when you bought the room.) Try to make the hacker think you've got nothing to hide. (Just in case. If you ever do find that you've been hacked, change the password. ) (That is, if you were ever hacked.) Name a few rooms "My Antique Room" or if they have the option, "My Treasure Room", and put a ton of chests, storage items, and W-Shop items. Space them out and make it look like your REAL storage room for good items. Load the storage items with W-Shop toys, food, and clothes. After the room(s) is full of chests which are all full of W-Shop items, leave the room(s) alone for the most part, every now and then checking the storage objects to see if anything was taken. If you are hacked, the hacker may think that the "My Antique Room"(s) have what they want, and they will probably go there first, and search the storage objects. If your room is filled up with storage furniture, it will take them awhile, and all they will find is W-Shop items. After searching, they may think you've got nothing worth looking for, and leave after wasting their "valuable time". This may or may not work, but some hackers skip to rooms that seem like they have what they want inside. Ofcourse, they do have hackers out there that search the whole house, but it's worth a try. Also, if you try this, make the "My Antique Room" a large room, so you can fit alot of toy boxes, wardrobes, etc. inside.

This is what I've been working on doing. Ofcourse, I have a hard password, but you can never be too safe. Hope this helps.
Great idea! I'm adding that now!

View Post Originally Posted by suzee
This is great for everyone here! I learned a lot by reading all of it. I'm going to be even more careful now. Thanks!
suzee
Thanks! I'm glad we helped!
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #53
Gift Guru
lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!

Default Re: How to: Prevent future Hacks and the explanations for hacking by Softbop and Cuteforpop ***Please Read****

Okay! Great guide!
lulabell1219 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #54
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Okay! Great guide!
Thank you!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #55
bonsly67
Gift Guru

Bonsly67 is an unparalleled talent
Bonsly67 is an unparalleled talentBonsly67 is an unparalleled talentBonsly67 is an unparalleled talentBonsly67 is an unparalleled talentBonsly67 is an unparalleled talentBonsly67 is an unparalleled talentBonsly67 is an unparalleled talentBonsly67 is an unparalleled talentBonsly67 is an unparalleled talentBonsly67 is an unparalleled talentBonsly67 is an unparalleled talent

Great thread! Now, about one of your tips, the one about not accepting strange friend requests, couldn't the person just get on to your account and send a FR to themselves and accept it then?
Old 01-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #56
Gift Guru
lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by Bonsly67
Great thread! Now, about one of your tips, the one about not accepting strange friend requests, couldn't the person just get on to your account and send a FR to themselves and accept it then?
If the request is in the clubhouse, they'd have to know your full username to try to guess the password. But if they know the full username, it's possible they could get in.
lulabell1219 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #57
bE hApPy
Gift Guru

softbop defies all odds
softbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all odds

If the request is in the clubhouse, they'd have to know your full username to try to guess the password. But if they know the full username, it's possible they could get in.

Yes both of you, it can happen
Thanks for posting
Old 01-24-2010, 11:10 PM   #58
Call me Renesmee

ellie356 will become famous soon enough

I was hacked about 2 years ago, and the person took some exclusives and rares, like the hot-air balloon etc. I think I know who it was though. I did change my password right after that, and luckily I haven't been hacked since. WONDERFUL guide! You guys did a GREAT job!!! Thanks for your help and concern!
ellie356 is offline Female
Old 01-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #59
Wincest otp

Yes, but the strange FR could be one of two things. It could either be your hacker in the act, and you happened to log on while they're sending gifts to themselves, or if you're in the clubhouse or in the tournament arena this could just be them figuring out your full username.

View Post Originally Posted by ellie356
I was hacked about 2 years ago, and the person took some exclusives and rares, like the hot-air balloon etc. I think I know who it was though. I did change my password right after that, and luckily I haven't been hacked since. WONDERFUL guide! You guys did a GREAT job!!! Thanks for your help and concern!
Awe, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you found this guide helpful!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #60

Misagirl12 has a spectacular aura about

I don't know if comeone has said this already, but you can check the items you have (in your dock or in-room) on MyPage. Just start to create a Favorites or Collection list on the "My Stuff" tab and you will be able to see all of the items you currently have by browsing through the dropdown list! It's very handy and I use it to check "inventory".

I was once hacked by a "friend" who somehow found out my password, but luckily her sister knew hers and I was able to get the items back! (Not very exciting, but worth telling)
Misagirl12 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
be cautious~ softbop :), be safe ~ cute, blooglej wuz here hahaha, i love this! :), pie?, x x a e r o x x ♥