Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 11:04 PM   #101
Call me 39 xD
Gifted

398256501 is a name known to all398256501 is a name known to all398256501 is a name known to all

Default Re: How to: Prevent future Hacks and the explanations for hacking by Softbop and Cuteforpop ***Please Read****

Great guide =D
I have 2 tips:
-Never giving my username out, ever (Unless I needed too, but maybe PM it or find an alternative)
-Sometimes having a simple password is good, sometimes people over think in passwords, but then again, you may want this as a temporary password
Thanks a whole lot for putting this all together, I may want to try the tips in your guide
398256501 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #102
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Default Re: How to: Prevent future Hacks and the explanations for hacking by Softbop and Cuteforpop ***Please Read****

View Post Originally Posted by 398256501
Great guide =D
I have 2 tips:
-Never giving my username out, ever (Unless I needed too, but maybe PM it or find an alternative)
-Sometimes having a simple password is good, sometimes people over think in passwords, but then again, you may want this as a temporary password
Thanks a whole lot for putting this all together, I may want to try the tips in your guide
No problem, thank you for posting and helping out!
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 02-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #103
call meh ciara. :)
Webkinz :)

cmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clown

This guide is fantastic!

It is very helpful and will hopefully prevent hacks. What I usually do is spread my items out in rooms that have weird names and stuff. For example, in my bedroom i could have a pet fridge or something. This way the hacker will go in rooms specifically looking for something and such.
Also: If you want to keep clothes safe, Use the clothing categories. When you go to dress your pet, click on Causal and put clothes on. Or go to Fancy, swimwear etc. When you leave make sure they are on an option with nothing valuable on them.
cmb123 is offline Female
Old 02-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #104
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by cmb123
This guide is fantastic!

It is very helpful and will hopefully prevent hacks. What I usually do is spread my items out in rooms that have weird names and stuff. For example, in my bedroom i could have a pet fridge or something. This way the hacker will go in rooms specifically looking for something and such.
Also: If you want to keep clothes safe, Use the clothing categories. When you go to dress your pet, click on Causal and put clothes on. Or go to Fancy, swimwear etc. When you leave make sure they are on an option with nothing valuable on them.
Thanks for posting! I'm adding the clothing idea now!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #105
Wat
Webkinz :)

sapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wonder

This is a great thread! Thank you so much! But I think I was hacked, because I had a blue tee-shirt with the bad fairy on it, and it disapeared. Then, later that month, my Rose Party Dress disapeared, and I though I must've traded it for something, but I didn't think it over (I didn't have any kinz style in my dock that I didn't have before, and I never trade my kinz style for anything but kinz style) and I've changed my password, and nothing's disapeared since.

And I've got a tip for passwords: make your password a bunch of words that have nothing to do with each other, and also put numbers. Like you could have you password be "LeAf98ShOES!@#" Then the hacker would have some trouble getting the right words, then they would have to find out what the numbers were, then they would have to find out which letters were in caps, then they would have to put it all in the right order. And you could change your password every week, then by the time they got your password, then you might have changed it by then!
sapphire6868 is offline Female
Old 02-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #106
Wincest otp

View Post Originally Posted by sapphire6868
This is a great thread! Thank you so much! But I think I was hacked, because I had a blue tee-shirt with the bad fairy on it, and it disapeared. Then, later that month, my Rose Party Dress disapeared, and I though I must've traded it for something, but I didn't think it over (I didn't have any kinz style in my dock that I didn't have before, and I never trade my kinz style for anything but kinz style) and I've changed my password, and nothing's disapeared since.

And I've got a tip for passwords: make your password a bunch of words that have nothing to do with each other, and also put numbers. Like you could have you password be "LeAf98ShOES!@#" Then the hacker would have some trouble getting the right words, then they would have to find out what the numbers were, then they would have to find out which letters were in caps, then they would have to put it all in the right order. And you could change your password every week, then by the time they got your password, then you might have changed it by then!
Thanks for the tips!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #107
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

Great, safe guide. I have never been hacked (Thank God) and I have added to my password over time . . . just a little paranoid lol.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 02-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #108
eAreYoung
Gifted

DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!

Awesome thread! Thanks for the tips and precautions Thank goodness I haven't been hacked........... yet.........
DIBS is offline Male
Old 02-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #109
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

I have another tip for spreading out your valuable items----
-If you have multipul accounts, use this to your advantage. KinzPost one or two of your valuables to each account each night, then send them back to your main in the morning or when you get on, and back again, etc. It may be a lot of extra work, but this way your hacker would have to get your password and username to not one, but maybe two or even three.
So, let's say you have Wacky Jeans and an Orange army. Kinz Post it to an account that about no one is on your friend's list, therefore being able to have access, but your hacker doesn't.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 02-15-2010, 03:35 AM   #110
bE hApPy
Gift Guru

softbop defies all odds
softbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by DIBS
Awesome thread! Thanks for the tips and precautions Thank goodness I haven't been hacked........... yet.........
Thanks and hopefully you never will

View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
I have another tip for spreading out your valuable items----
-If you have multipul accounts, use this to your advantage. KinzPost one or two of your valuables to each account each night, then send them back to your main in the morning or when you get on, and back again, etc. It may be a lot of extra work, but this way your hacker would have to get your password and username to not one, but maybe two or even three.
So, let's say you have Wacky Jeans and an Orange army. Kinz Post it to an account that about no one is on your friend's list, therefore being able to have access, but your hacker doesn't.
Good idea
Thanks for posting
I will get this added ASAP
Closed

Tags
be cautious~ softbop :), be safe ~ cute, blooglej wuz here hahaha, i love this! :), pie?, x x a e r o x x ♥