Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 03:56 AM   #1
bE hApPy
Gift Guru

softbop defies all odds
softbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all odds

Default How to: Prevent future Hacks and the explanations for hacking by Softbop and Cuteforpop ***Please Read****

Before Posting ideas
Before you post your ideas, comments, questions, etc. Make SURE it has to do with Hacking. No off topic ideas, comment, questions, etc. Thanks
Please do not get "Hacking" mixed up with "Scammming"
The 3rd type of Hacking is very close to scamming, so please do not get the 2 mixed up. Remember me and Cuteforpop's key idea for this guide is Hacking
Thank you!

A Must Read Side Note
I just want to let everyone know that the whole purpose of this thread was to keep everyone aware of hackers, the types, ideas and tips, and ways to prevent future hack ins. We DO NOT want to "catch" or "trick" the hacker. In my mind doing those things makes me a Hacker. And thats not what we want. We want to be preventing and helping. So please remember we are not "tricking and catching" the hacker.
Thank you!

Introduction
OK so Cuteforpop and I decided (after a hacking experience) that we should make a guide about it, ways to help other peopel deal with hackers. So this guide is all about the type of hackers, ways to ensure safety, and much MORE! Please read, this may prevent future hack ins. Thanks for reading!

The Hacking Mind

OK we now have 2 types of hackers (still working on other types).
The first one is the one that tried to hack cuteforpop. They used the "assume your oppenent is unsmart" technique. In this technique the hacker took items of less value everytime they went on. But with more time they increased the value of items. So here is an example:
First Day of hacking- A PSFs (now this may be a good one they took)
3rd Day (They spread it out to make less obvious!)- A rare PSF
5th Day- KinzStyle
Ok so now you are probably wondering the person who owns the account may have noticed! But remember Ganz has LOTS of glitches so they are probably thinking oh its just another glitch.
7th Day- TC4 Clothing
Again the owner of the account just may assume its another of those pesky glitches
Ok so here you see the gradual increase of items. . . . .
The next hacker is the one that does everything FAST! They jumble your account and take all of your good items in a sweep!
This is the "fast action" hacker. This is the less subtle type so you know when you have been hacked.
Thank you to Alohapanda
for this 3rd type of Hacking.
This third type is what I call the "Sweet Hacker"
They befriend you in the clubhouse and sometimes act all nice, innocent, sweet, etc. They pretty much butter you up. So after you are all buttered they ask for your password, username, etc. Please do not fall for this also if someone is nice in the clubhouse do not JUMP to conclusions and say they are a hacker. Remember the key part to this one is that they ASK for info.
OK so say the Hacker is pretty intelligent, now this is the "intelligent hacker" type. They know you have tons of rooms and you probably wont know if anything is gone. So what to do? Well its a very difficult situation. For me I have MANY rooms, but I know for SURE one item i have in that room and that kind of helps me know whats in the room. I would go get a piece of paper and write down the room name and some of the items you have in that room. That way you have a basic idea of whats in the room. And so you can just go through your house maybe every couple of weeks or so and check everything. I know this is probably a little more work, but its better to be safe than sorry.
Keep Safe!

Tips and Evidence
- OK so if you always keep your pets at 100, you could use that as evidence. Hackers dont have time to feed your pets so they let all of your pets health, happiness, and hunger go down. If you see your pets below 100 and you usually dont let them get that low, theres something up (see 2nd post for all of the ways to ensure it wont happen).
- You can also check the last time you have played with some pets. Say you have a Leopard and you NEVER play with him/her. And then you check the time he/she was last played with and it says today. You know something is up too.
Here are 2 ways of good evidence of a hacker and you could keep track of these things, maybe you want to start keeping your pets at 100 and keep watch over the last time you played with some of your webbies.

Ok now for the Ideas
1. Do NOT put all of your best clothing items on 1 pet. If you put all of your good clothing items on 1 pet its so easy for your hacker to access them. So spread it out a bit
2. Do NOT leave any SUPER Valuable items in your dock. If you leave some retired, priceless, exclusive, etc in your dock that you REALLY love, it will be easy for the hacker to get to it. So put them in storage in like the worst room ever. This way its hard for the hacker to find. Like maybe buy a storage box that looks like a sofa and put a whole bunch of furniture around it to hide it (make sure its not too obvious!). OK Thanks to Amgirl8 we have some storage ideas, here is the list of "less obvious storage bins":
old cupboards and sinks
Hallowen Bookshelf
Vortex unit
cannonball canon

***Thats all for now***
See below posts for more by Cuteforpop

Last edited by softbop; 01-26-2010 at 07:53 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2010, 04:06 AM   #2
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Default Re: How to: Prevent future Hacks/Ideas and explanations for hacking ~Currently Under Construction~ DO NOT POST~

GUIDE TO PREVENTING FUTURE HACKS

Ideas To Keep You Safe:

1. Make your passward HARD to guess. Almost to the point you have trouble remembering it.

2. If you recieve a mysterious FR, do NOT accept it. If you are a GT, gifted member, or GG search for that WW id and see if it's someone here on WI, but otherwise, take note of that username and if you ever see them in a clubhouse room etc, LEAVE THE ROOM.

3. Keep your phone safe. Try to only accept people you know in real life, and people you have really close relationships with online.

4. If you are a GT, gifted member, or GG a good idea is to delete the person you are trading with soon after you finish trading with them. We would like to think everyone here on WI would never do such a thing, but you never know. It is for your own safety.

5. Keep a good watch on the amount of items in your dock. This way, you should always realize even when the smallest item was added or subtracted. *Thank you WebkinzFanOfFun for bringing this to our attention.

6. If you know something went missing, call Ganz and ask where that item was sent to, or even if it was sent anywhere. Ganz will not return your items to you but they will give you the info. *Thank you Klock101 for bringing this to our attention.

7. If changing your password does not help, call Ganz and ask them to change your username. This way, the hacker can't do anything even with your password. *Thank you to Klock101 for bringing this to our attention.

8. To check your items quickly, you can go onto MyPage and look through a collection you may have already made. *Thank you to Misagirl12 for bringing this to our attention.

9. If you play games a lot, keep track of the KC you earn. That way, you will always know if there is a slight change.

10. Use the clothing categories when dressing your pet (fancy, swimwear, etc) to hide some of your rare clothes. *Thank you to Cmb123 for bringing this to our attention.

11. If a person gives you a pet code online, NEVER take it. This person more than likely knows your username and can now change your password with the code! *Thanks Softbop for bringing this up!

12. If an item goes missing, do NOT ignore it. Call Ganz, change your password, search your entire account for it, just don't underestimate it! No matter how big or small the item!

Hacks To Take Note Of/Explanations/Warning Signs:

This happened to Cuteforpop, me: So it began simply with a few PSFs missing. I ignored it due to the fact a PSF is a very small item, and I thought that it was just a small glitch. As you all know, Ganz' policy states they cannot replace lost items so I didn't bother calling them. Well, about a week later I realized a Kinzstyle red puffy blouse was missing, as well as a Dr. Quack lab coat. I, again, ignored it thinking that it was a glitch, not connecting it with the PSFs missing. Well, one night I logged onto my account to find my pet changed. I also realized that all my rooms had been redone, some pets of mine had been moved, and I now had some recipe foods in my dock that had not been there before. All of a sudden, I had been logged out. Some of you may not know, but when there are two people on one account, one of them will be logged out. So the two of us went of a "war" of who was going to be on the account. Eventually, I realized this was not my BFF who knows my password, and I changed my password right away. Nothing has happened since.

Explanation of what happened to Cuteforpop, me: Softbop and I are assuming that the hacker that hacked me was doing a little plan that goes like this. They start off taking small items, such as a PSF or recipe food. Most of us wouldn't notice, so they get a little bigger. Probably going to a Vacation Island item or Kinzstyle item. A lot of us would assume that this is a glitch, so we ignore it. And then another small thing goes, and this just keeps happening getting bigger and bigger until you finally pull the plug.

Warning signs of what happened to Cuteforpop, me: If you are starting to see tiny things missing, than please change your password. That is THE biggest sign of this type of hack. Smaller things to take note of are pets having stats that are not normal, your account "jumbled" around a bit, and seeing that some of your pets have been used recently that you haven't used recently.

Think You're Being Hacked? Here Are Some Ways To Help:

1. A lot of times hackers don't realize it, but when you play with a pet, it then shows up on your "my pets" section that you played with your pet on that date. This can really help you figure out if and even WHEN your account is being hacked. For example, let's say you have a B&W Cheeky Dog you don't play with since it's an old pet, and you find yesterday it had been played with or something like that. You can obviously figure out that someone has been on your account, and when they were on.

2. This tip follows along with tip #1. Since you can see the dates when your pet(s) were last played, you can actually develop a pattern of when your hacker is on. You can infer if they are on everyday, about twice a week, once a week, or even rarely ever. It really helps to know this because then you know what days they will probably be on.

3. Try keeping your pets at a normal status in their health, happiness, and hunger. You can pick a certain stat to keep them at (for example 100) and ALWAYS keep your pets at that. It may be tougher, but it's easier to spot a hacker this way. Sometimes lazy hackers fail to realize a lot of us feed our pets, so they don't even care. Plus, they're in a rush when they're on your account, so they're not trying to take up too much time on your account. So if you see your pets at an odd stat (let's say 96 and they're always at 100) take note of it.

4. Ask your friends the times they've seen you recently in the clubhouse or just with your phone on, and if your friend has a good memory see if they know if and when they saw you on specific dates (when telling specific dates, use the ones you figured out in tip #1). And if you're not too sure if it was you or not, ask them if they can remember what pet you were using and what you were wearing, if they said you were in the clubhouse.

5. This tip follows along with tip #2 and tip #4. You figured out what days they were usually on in tip #2. Well, you now have probably figured out about what time they were on on a specific date in tip #4. You can now put these together and figure out when they are usually on on the days they are on.

6. If you get a mysterious FR, don't accept it. This is because you may have caught your hacker in the act. See, in order for a hacker to steal items from you, they must be your friend so they can send items to themself. That mysterious FR may just be a hacker in the act, so you should take note of the username, and reject/block the FR. *Thank you to Demi for bringing this to our attention.

7. You have to be pretty lucky to be able to be on around the same hour as your hacker, but it can happen, and if it does this is something you can do. Check to see if your dailies have been done or not. If some of them have, and it wasn't you, check on WI to see if it's a glitch because that sometimes happens, but if everyone is saying it worked for them than your hacker probably did it for you. This tip also sort of go's along with tip #2 and tip #4 because if your friend(s) couldn't remember the exact times of when your hacker was on, or they were smart and didn't have their phone on, by knowing the dailies they may do can tell you about what times your hacker is online.

8. Sometimes a hacker will sell W-Shop items of yours or make you KC, so if you see a drastic change in KC than be aware.

9. Make sure to space out your valuables between rooms, and put them in unnamed rooms as well. Another good tip is to name a room the "Antique Room" and put tons of W-Shop storage units in it. Inside all the storage units put tons of W-Shop and Vacation Island items inside. *Thank you to Lulabell1219 for bringing this to our attention.

10. When we say make your password difficult, we do mean DIFFICULT. For example, the password "dogs" isn't very good because it's all lowercase, a very simple word, and no numbers. A good way to make the weak password "dogs" turn into a strong password, is to mix it up a little. Change it into something like "5DogS87". This way it has upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and it still is a word you can remember. *Thank you to Agtpix for bringing this to our attention.

11. Most hackers you will ever deal with are the result of you mistakingly giving out your password, making your password way to easy, or having a pet code on that account that someone else knows. There is a minute percentage of hackers that use a software that uses different combinations of words to guess your password, and just does this nonstop. *Thank you to JustDad for bringing this to our attention.

~Please look above for more ideas, explanations, and more from Softbop ~

Last edited by cuteforpop; 03-10-2010 at 04:55 PM..
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
bE hApPy
Gift Guru

softbop defies all odds
softbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all oddssoftbop defies all odds

Default Re: How to: Prevent future Hacks/Ideas and explanations for hacking by Softbop and Cuteforpop ~Currently Under Construction~ DO NOT POST~

Questions, Comments, and more Ideas

Alohapanda- Thank you for the 3rd type of Hacking
WFOF-
"I usually know how many items I have in my Dock so if I got hacked and they stole some items from my dock I would know I have been hacked! "
Thank you for this tip
Amygirl8- Thank you for these storage ideas:
old cupboards and sinks
Hallowen Bookshelf
Vortex unit
cannonball canon
WFOF- Thanks for the idea of a Credit Section
WFOF- Thank you for the "intelligent hacker" idea

***PLEASE READ***:
Please do not get "Hacking" mixed up with "Scammming"
The 3rd type of Hacking is very close to scamming, so please do not get the 2 mixed up. Remember me and Cuteforpop's key idea for this guide is Hacking
Thank you!

"we dont want to really "catch" or "trick" him/her (the hacker). We just want to ensure safety and keep everyone on their toes"

Side Note~
OK this is just a little note:
Make sure everything (password, items, etc) is a puzzle. Make your password super hard to guess, put your items in the most unfindable places, and most of all make it like a hard to solve puzzle. They may have one piece of your puzzle, but they will have to do more than search to find the other pieces

Cuteforpop, i think this goes with your post
"hey great guide! Heres another tip (: Make sure your username or pet name isn't a pet code. I have seen people in the clubhouse with names/usernames that look like pet codes D:" ~Softballipod (Posted this)

Last edited by softbop; 03-28-2010 at 04:08 PM..
Old 01-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Default Re: How to: Prevent future Hacks/Ideas and explanations for hacking by Softbop and Cuteforpop ~Currently Under Construction~ DO NOT POST~

This post will also be dedicated to any questions or comments you may have. Softbop and I will share each question and depending who is on will answer each question. Or we will leave it to the other person if we feel it'd be better for the other person to answer it.

Q: "Hmm well my Mountain Cart Ride for Deluxe has been missing but I believe its not kinzpostable so should I just ignore it for now or call Ganz? " - WebkinzFanOfFun

A: This item is not kinzpostable, so I do not believe a hacker is on your account. However, this is a really cool item, and a really expensive one I must add, so I would call Ganz Monday and see what they can do. Ignoring it probably won't help since I'm assuming it's been gone for awhile now.

~Softbop~ Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention. It is a TOTAL helper.

Last edited by cuteforpop; 03-08-2010 at 12:51 AM..
Old 01-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: How to: Prevent future Hacks and the explanations for hacking by Softbop and Cuteforpop ***Please Read****

great thread! i definitely wouldn't want to lose my green lava! I'll use this for future reference.
my house is so big sometimes i even give up looking for things, so hopefully hackers don't find what they want
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 01-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Zebras Я My Lifee(:
Webkinz :)

HaileyGirl15 has much to be proud ofHaileyGirl15 has much to be proud ofHaileyGirl15 has much to be proud ofHaileyGirl15 has much to be proud of

Default Re: How to: Prevent future Hacks and the explanations for hacking by Softbop and Cuteforpop ***Please Read****

This is great; my brother was hacked a long time ago, because they would log onto his account while he was on and rearange his rooms as well as steal his stuff. He changed his password, and they got into his account again, so I gave him a nice and long password that kept his account safe. (:
HaileyGirl15 is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
Look ma I'm a

Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!

Great Thread! I haven't had someone hack me before but now I'll be more aware. Thank you for this guide! *adds rep for you guys*
Alohapanda is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
Wincest otp

View Post Originally Posted by pup5115
great thread! i definitely wouldn't want to lose my green lava! I'll use this for future reference.
my house is so big sometimes i even give up looking for things, so hopefully hackers don't find what they want
Thanks so much! Yes, it is a very sad thing that some people would do such a thing. But luckily we have WI for help.

View Post Originally Posted by HaileyGirl15
This is great; my brother was hacked a long time ago, because they would log onto his account while he was on and rearange his rooms as well as steal his stuff. He changed his password, and they got into his account again, so I gave him a nice and long password that kept his account safe. (:
Oh, I'm so very sorry that happened to your brother. I hope he got all his items back!

View Post Originally Posted by Alohapanda
Great Thread! I haven't had someone hack me before but now I'll be more aware. Thank you for this guide! *adds rep for you guys*
Thank you! And I hope we helped you out!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #9
Look ma I'm a

Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
Thanks so much! Yes, it is a very sad thing that some people would do such a thing. But luckily we have WI for help.

Oh, I'm so very sorry that happened to your brother. I hope he got all his items back!

Thank you! And I hope we helped you out!
Yes you were unbelievabely helpful. I hope you continue to add more. I also have maybe a third type of hacker. They may try to befriend you in the clubhouse.
Alohapanda is offline Female
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #10
FOF, that's my name

WebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roostWebkinzFanOfFun rules the roost

Donation Award 

Great Guide Softbop and Cuteforpop! I am now checking my webkinz pets to see if they are played with! I also have another tip! I usually know how many items I have in my Dock so if I got hacked and they stole some items from my dock I would know I have been hacked! I hope that helps!
Closed

Tags
be cautious~ softbop :), be safe ~ cute, blooglej wuz here hahaha, i love this! :), pie?, x x a e r o x x ♥