Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
Dinomom13

Default How to Post a Screenshot When PrntScrn or MS Paint Doesn't Work for You

I've seen lots of posts on how to post pictures, but have noticed that they all seem to involve using the PrntScrn button, and then going into MS Paint. Well, this does not work at all for me on my laptop, and I have Windows Vista as my operating system. Having a hubby who is a computer tech as his paying job, I kept bugging him about it (he cares nothing about WW or posting pictures on the internet). He finally asked around at work, and came up with a solution that works wonderfully, and is MUCH easier than the other method.

First, he downloaded a free program called Screenhunter 5.0 (you can Google it) and made sure I've got an icon on my desktop. Now, all I have to do is click to open the program....I keep it open all the time when I'm on Webkinz World....There are two boxes to check....Where it says "Start", make sure "single hotkey" is checked, and it should be F6....Then, where it says, "Capture What", click "Active Window". That's all there is to it! Whenever you want a screenshot, get everything you want the way you want it, then hit F6....It will snap the shot! You can then save the shot as another name rather than the generic date and number it gives, and you've got a file to attach to a post!

Now, for sites like WI that have file size limits, I discovered many of my large rooms could not be posted. Thanks to help from Bandie, I now simply upload the pics to tinypic.com ; make sure you click "Add to favorites" once you get the pic uploaded....And then, there will be four different link options to copy/paste. For this forum, you just start typing your message, and copy/paste the link....You can place the picture anywhere within your message! This really helped me to improve the quality of my house thread, because I could put descriptions with each individual room, rather than having attachments all at the bottom of each post!

Hope this info helps someone! I keep seeing posts out there where people seem frustrated that the ole' PrntSrn / MS Paint method isn't working, so if that's your situation, give this method a try!

Good luck!

ROCKS!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
WHONKâ„¢!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: How to Post a Screenshot When PrntScrn or MS Paint Doesn't Work for You

Thanks for PMing me the link to this great guide! I have cista too and this is great because the regulare way does not work for me. Rep point for you
vince730 is offline Male
Old 11-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
Dinomom13

Default Re: How to Post a Screenshot When PrntScrn or MS Paint Doesn't Work for You

View Post Originally Posted by vince730
Thanks for PMing me the link to this great guide! I have cista too and this is great because the regulare way does not work for me. Rep point for you
Glad I could help! And hope it helps others that have Windows Vista as well....

Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
Dinomom13

No posts? LOL! I've seen so many people who seem to have problems posting pix, that I thought there would be some posts on here by now....

Oh well....

Closed