Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Banned
taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!

Default How To Post Images!

introduction.
want to show all of webkinz insider your fabulous new puppy dog, your brand new converse, or even your grandma's apple streusel pie {yum!}? then your in the right place.

_
step one.
you first need to know which image hosting website you are going to use. i prefer tinypic. you can also use photobucket, though. you need to also have the image that you would like to post saved on your computer. the example image i am going to use is this:
click for the image that i will use. it's a very simple image.

step two.
once you've gotten the image that you would like to post, and also the image hosting website of your choice, then you are ready to upload! go to whichever site {links at the bottom of post} and then copy the image code that the website gives you.

step three.
now go back to your post that you are wishing to post with your image inside of it. click this image: Click the image to open in full size. and then copy the image code that the website gave you. make sure you take out the [IMG] texts that are in there. you don't need them.

step four.
click 'OK' and 'reply to thread' and you're all done! good job! make sure to pat yourself on the back if this was your very first time posting an image and it worked out! good luck!

_

side note.
if you are planning on posting some large images/pictures, then please make sure that you post them in spoilers. it slows other member's computers down, and trust me, nobody likes that!

adding spoilers.
if you are going to be posting big pictures and are not sure how to put them in spoilers, then you're in luck! you simply click the spoiler button. the spoiler text should show up.
next, you click in between the ...ER][/SPOIL... so you click in between these- ][ and then you click the image symbol once more, and type in the url, and you're done!

image hosting websites.
as i mentioned in the guide, there are two main image hosting websites: tinypic, and photobucket. i also promised you all that i would give you the links to these websites, and i'm not one for breaking promises, so here they are!

Tinypic
Photobucket

-
priceless help.
After you upload it, save it to your album then go there. After you done that, if you can (sometimes you can't), scroll over it and right click "View Image". It will bring you to the image. Highlight the URL on top and your finished. The other option is it will let you download it (but that doesn't help at all). My recommendation is using imageshack or tinypic-by Priceless

help from exoteric.
go into the user CP, select not to see the avatars and signatures and only display 10 posts at a time, that should really boost how fast you pull up a page.
-
thank you.
for reading this guide, made by the one and only taylorswift1! i hope to bring many more informational guides to this wonderful forum! i hope that this guide was of use to you! please rate this guide and leave me any feedback, good or bad. once more, thank you so much for reading this! i hope that you are able to now post images as much as you would like to!

farewell,
Lexi.

Last edited by taylorswift1; 01-29-2011 at 08:42 AM..
taylorswift1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
Gift Guru

karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest
karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest

Default Re: How To Post Images!

Hi Thank you for this info. I'm just learning how to do this LOL! Just one question.
I go on photo bucket to do all my photo things/pics. I can't find a URL code on photo bucket? Is it something else (type of code) that I can use to post pics?? Thanks, Karen
karenpd is offline Female
Old 01-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by karenkjm810
Hi Thank you for this info. I'm just learning how to do this LOL! Just one question.
I go on photo bucket to do all my photo things/pics. I can't find a URL code on photo bucket? Is it something else (type of code) that I can use to post pics?? Thanks, Karen
Awesome guide Lex

@karen: After you upload it, save it to your album then go there. After you done that, if you can (sometimes you can't), scroll over it and right click "View Image". It will bring you to the image. Highlight the URL on top and your finished. The other option is it will let you download it (but that doesn't help at all). My recommendation is using imageshack or tinypic
Priceless is offline Male
Old 01-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #4

geochick will become famous soon enough

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this great guide!

Please tell me how to make the "spoiler" for showing pictures. I've seen them in house threads, but have no idea how to create one. Started a house thread waaaaay back and lost the guide I used to add pictures, so I gave up.

Thanks again for sharing this info.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Banned
taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!taylorswift1 is the bees knees!

Thanks you guys!
Karen-I hope Price answered you question!
Price- Can I put that in the guide? I'll give you credit. (:
Geochick-You're welcome! I added a small part where I teach you how to put the images in spoilers! It's really quite simple. (:
Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #6

Priceless has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by taylorswift1
Thanks you guys!
Karen-I hope Price answered you question!
Price- Can I put that in the guide? I'll give you credit. (:
Geochick-You're welcome! I added a small part where I teach you how to put the images in spoilers! It's really quite simple. (:
Sure you can Lexi!
Priceless is offline Male
Old 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
I love you ♥

Starla knows the way
Starla knows the wayStarla knows the wayStarla knows the way

Great thread (:
Starla is offline Female
Old 01-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
Banned

Thanks! <3
Old 01-28-2011, 02:49 AM   #9
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Great thread! As per your side note, another thing you can do to speed up your pc..go into the user CP, select not to see the avatars and signatures and only display 10 posts at a time, that should really boost how fast you pull up a page.
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 01-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #10
Banned

Thanks so much for your tip, exoteric!
Closed