Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #1

dogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default How To Make Your Own Talking Arte :0)

First off I would like to dedicate this thread to CuzKinz whose requests for new tutorials pushed me to finish this one up :0)

I have had a lot of requests for different "how to's" but I've gotten a handful wanting to know about making a Webkinz character talk so I'm going with that idea. This new guide will tell you how to make your own talking Arte. You can use the same technique with any character in Webkinz. Also, as requested, all the directions this time around will be for Paint so it will be easier for everyone to use.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The first thing you will need for this project is two pictures of Arte. You will need one of his mouth open...

Click the image to open in full size.

... and one with his mouth closed.

To get these images you can either right click and save the images above or go to Webkinz World and get your own. You will only have to go into the Curio Shop and click "print screen." Then go into Paint and click "edit" and "paste."

Now that we have our pictures of Arte we need to crop them down just a little. You need to click the button indicated below and drag your cursor to make a square around Arte and his text bubble.

Your cropped pictures should look like this...

Since it is very hard to make exact copies in Paint I will attach a cropped sample of each pose that is the same size. This will make your first attempt much easier.

Next you need to click the "dropper" tool and click on the white area of Arte's text bubble. This will make sure the white you are using will match the white in his bubble. Next click the "paint brush" and color over all the text in the bubble. Once you have covered all the text repeat for each pose and save the picture so that you have the cropped image with a blank text bubble.

Your new image should look like this...

The next step is to add text to your bubble. I think I will have Arte say "I love WI!" and then "Don't you?" To add text click the "A" button or "text icon." To mark the area you want to add text to drag your curser and form a square inside the text bubble. At the top of the screen a small box will appear that allows you to pick the size and font style of your text.

Once you have added your text save this new image under A NEW NAME. That way you will have a picture with a blank text bubble and this new picture with text filled in. Now comes the tricky part. Now that we have one picture with text we have to have another picture with the same text but Arte's mouth in a new position. There is only one way I could find to do that in Paint. Click on "file" and "open." Open the second picture of Arte, the one with his mouth closed. Use the same tool as before and crop his face from his body. Then click "edit" and "copy."

Now click "file" and "open." Open the picture you just finished adding text to. Then click "edit" and "paste." Now your picture of Arte's face is floating over the picture with text.

Line them up exactly and when you have save this picture with a new file name.

Now save this image under a new file name. You should have one file with Arte's mouth open with text and one without. You should also have one file of Arte's mouth closed with text and one without. Now we need to repeat those steps with our next set of text and expressions.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Click "file" and "open." Open your picture of Arte with his mouth opened. Then add in your new text. Save this as a new file.

Repeat the steps for pasting Arte's image over this one. up Then save this as a new file. Before you move to the animation steps below you should have a total of six pictures of Arte. Two pictures with blank text bubbles. Two pictures with your first phrase in them and two more pictures with your second phrase in them.

Once you have all your pictures completed move to the next section for directions on how to animate your talking Arte.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In order to animate your pictures you will have to use the picture2life website. The link is below. You will have to become a member in order to use this site.

www.http://picture2life.com

When the main page loads you will need to click the button that says "gallery" in the upper right hand corner.

Then click "upload pictures."

Now you need to click "browse" and find the pictures of Arte you just made. You will only need to add the four pictures that have text and not the blank pictures.

Once your pictures have loaded click the "gallery" button at the top of the page again. Now you should see the four pictures you just uploaded.

Now click the button that says "make animation."

This next part you have to pay close attention to. Click on the pictures in order of how you want your text read. Make sure for each different text bubble you have his mouth first closed and then opened.

Once you have checked to make sure your pictures are in order then click the button that says "continue to next step."

Last edited by dogsdigholes; 12-12-2007 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #2

dogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: How To Make Your Own Talking Arte :0)

Once the screen reloads click "start"

When you click the "start" button this will start your animation. You should watch it cycle through at least once to make sure Arte is talking in sequence. Then click "download" and save your animation to your computer.

Congrats! You should have just made and animated your very own talking Arte!

**HINTS**

The more pictures of Arte you use the cleaning his look will be. Here is Arte talking using only the steps above.

Here is a second picture I made by adding two more pictures of each pose for a total of 8 pictures. So the sequence was "I love WI!" mouth shut, open, shut, open and then "Don'tYou?" mouth shut, open,shut, open.

Also if you look to the left side you can click on "customize." This area lets you adjust the speed and size of your images. You can also add effects and that kind of thing. It's just something else for you to play around with when you have the time :0)

Please feel free to check out my other tutorials :

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/make-animated-signatures-t97508.html

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/make-animated-snowglobes-t96864.html

If you need help adding your signature or avatar then please click the link in my signature below :0)

Last edited by dogsdigholes; 12-28-2007 at 08:51 PM..
Old 12-13-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
angelsweets2
Webkinz :)

angelsweets2 is on a distinguished road

wOw!!! very cool
Old 12-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
Pugsymugsy222
Gifted

Pugsymugsy222 is a name known to allPugsymugsy222 is a name known to allPugsymugsy222 is a name known to allPugsymugsy222 is a name known to all

WOW, thanks, maybe I will try that sometime!
Pugsymugsy222 is offline Female
Old 12-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
I Love

CuzKinz is on a distinguished road

Thanks For The Dedication!!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:36 AM   #6
pumpkin99423
Gifted

sassysophie94 is an unknown quantity at this point

that is so neat
Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 AM   #7
Gift Guru

xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!xxoceanbluexx is the bees knees!

really cute!
thanks!
Old 12-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #8

NarutoShawnKinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Good idea! Thanks for helping!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #9
Timblin6

Thanks that helped me a lot! I just got paint shop pro X2 for X-mas and I can now use it to make that!
Closed