Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Awesomeness
Webkinz :)

zappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clown

Default How To: Make your own plush Pony or Horse!

Hi there! My name is Gracie. Today, we will be learning how to make plush ponies(or horses)!

Tools You Need
Before starting your plush, you will need to have the pattern. You can purchase it HERE
You will also need;
Sewing Machine*
Seam Ripper
Hand Sewing Needles**
Pins
Fabric Scissors

Materials
3/8 of a yard of fleece fabric.*** (this will be the color of your animal)
Yarn (for the mane)
Felt ****
2 Black Safety Eyes
Thread

Now that you have what you need, let's begin!
Step 1.
Cut out the pattern. You will need; 2 bodies, 1 head thing, 2 underbody, and 4 ears. When you cut out the legs on the body/underbody, be sure to add at least 2 inches to it. The legs with the pattern are WAY too short, so make sure you do that.
Step 2.
Follow all instructions from pattern to make your horse/pony. If you want stripes or different colors in the mane, wrap however many of 1 color, than that same amount of the other (side by side).
Step 3.
If you are making a My Little Pony, you will need to make the cutiemark. First, design it on paper. When you are happy with it, cut it out and place it on the felt. Cut out your cutiemark, and hand sew it to your pony. (you will need to do this before it is stuffed and before the underbody is in)
Step 4.
To put in the safety eyes, stuff the head firmly once the piece that goes in the middle is sewn in. Mark with pins where you want the eyes to be. When you are happy with where your eyes are, take your seam ripper and cut 2 small holes where the pins are. Take the black part of the safety eye and insert it into the hole. Flip the head inside out, and push the other part of the eye on it to secure it.
Step 5.
If you are making a Unicorn or a Pegasus, design the pattern for your wings or horn. Cut them out of the fabric. To put in the horn, wait until you have sewn in the head piece, and cut a hole with your seam-ripper just above the eyes. Insert the horn, and hand-sew from the inside.
For the wings, sew them in when you sew the back of your pony.
Step 6.
Stuff your pony. Stuff the hooves and head firmly, and you can decide how hard or soft to stuff the body. When you are satisfied with the amount of stuffing, fold in the raw edges on the hole that you left open for stuffing. Take your needle, and sew your animal shut.
Congratulations! You've just made your own plush pony/horse!!

* You can hand sew your animal if you do not have a machine.
** You can use these instead of your machine (you will need them even if you have a machine, FYI)
*** You can use any type of fabric, but fleece is the easiest to use. It is also very forgiving, as it hides mistakes you might make and doesn't fray.
**** Only use felt if you are making a cutiemark.

Thanks for reading my guide!!

Last edited by zappity; 07-29-2011 at 07:28 PM..
zappity is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #2

Umbrellabubble knows the way
Umbrellabubble knows the wayUmbrellabubble knows the wayUmbrellabubble knows the wayUmbrellabubble knows the way

Default Re: How To: Make your own plush Pony or Horse!

OMW, Thank you Zap! Wait, don't you just cut to triangles for the horn, and sew those together, or just one big triangle?
Umbrellabubble is offline Female
Old 07-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Awesomeness

zappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clown

Sort of. I'd just draw an oversized horn. I may scan in what I use later. I'm making Trixie now! =D
Old 07-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #4

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Thank you for sharing with us!
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
Awesomeness

You're welcome =]
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
green =/= creative
Banned
x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!

I wish I knew how to sew so I could make Fluttershy...
x pookie x is offline Female
Old 08-03-2011, 04:26 AM   #7

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Great Guide/ How to! thanks
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pookie rawks!