Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

Lightbulb How to make your own plush googles! (Very Very Detailed Instructions on how to make a Googles) :D

A few weeks ago, I made two purple googles. Some people from the googles club were asking how I made them, so here is it!
Click the image to open in full size.

Oh. And if you feel like reading it, I would just skim through it unless your actually going to make a googles, because I typed so much on this and it would take a long time to read. : )

*Homemade googles can be great christmas gifts for younger siblings or cousins!

Make a Googles With or Without a Sewing Machine:

Supplies
-Go to any craft supplies or fabric store and pick out the softest, cutest fabric you can find. I used fleece, its soft, and not hard to work with. Don't get a fabric with too much design though, because you may not be able to see it once your googles is done. If you do get a thicker fabric, I recommend also getting a fabric scissors for nicer and more even cuts. Just remember, the thicker and fancier fabrics are a lot harder to work with. Don't get a really thin fabric either though, because the it can come undone easier, and it might rip. It also won't be as soft and cuddly! If you don't want to spend money on a good fabric like fleece, felt works fine, but its a little harder to sew through. For the body fabric, I would get half a yard if you want some fabric to spare.
-After you find the main fabric for your googles body, remember to pick out fabric that's the color you want your beak and feet. You can get tan if you want it looking like a normal googles, but googles can have all kinds of color flippers and beak! I wouldn't get patterned fabric for that though, it makes it harder to keep the lines straight. I also used fleece for the beak and flippers. I recommend getting an 8th of a yard of this.
-Once you have your fabric, grab some eyes. Most craft and fabric stores have them. Ask the store worker where they have eyes. The kind of eyes I used were all black, and you had to cut a hole in the fabric to put them on, but they work really well and hold in good. I would try to find eyes like that. They come in all different sizes too. *Warning- Googles look incredibly cute with big eyes! <3
-If you don't have any thread the color of your googles, look for that too while your at the craft store!
-You also need stuffing!

Templates
-Ok, now that you have all your supplies, Its time to start the actual googles! Get a piece of thin cardboard if you have some. Cereal boxes are perfect if you cut them open. If you have a googles, trace around it on the cardboard with a pencil, but make it about 3/4th of an inch wider for sewing room. If you don't have a googles, draw a shape some-what like a bowling pin and some-what like a pear. xD Eventually you will get it right. Make it the size you want your googles.

-After you have your googles shape drawn, cut it out.
-Do the same, and draw a beak and flipper template on the thin cardboard, and cut that out too. Put these 2 templates aside for now, right now you just need to focus on the body of your googles.

Cutting it Out
-Now that you have your templates, get out your fabric! For now you will just need the fabric you used for the body colors. Some types of fabric, especially fleece, have a stretch on them. If you want your googles to stretch a little bit one way, figure out what direction the stretch is and turn it the way you want it. Put your cardboard body template on the fabric. If it slides around to much, pin it down. If you don't have pins, tape will work but not as good. Cut around the template and get your googles shaped piece of fabric. Then put your cardboard in a different spot and do that all again.

-Do the same with your flipper and beak colored fabric and your templates for those parts.

Sewing the Body
-Now its time to sew! If you have a sewing machine that you know how to use, put pins in where you plan to put the googles beak. Put your two pieces of fabric back to back before you pin. When your sewing, don't sew where the beak and flippers are gonna go.

-If you don't want to use a sewing machine, grab your hand-sewing needles and put tape or pins where the beak and flippers are going to be. Then so all of the googles except for the beak and flipper holes.
-Remember, sew so the side of your fabric you want to be showing is on the inside!

Attaching the Eyes
-Turn your googles inside out/the way you actually want it. If you bought the kind of eyes that need to be snapped into the fabric, cut two slits where you want the googles eyes to be (make sure the slits aren't too big, it depends on what the eyes you got are) Slide the end of the eyes into the hole and then snap the attacher thingy.

-If you got the ind of eyes you have to glue on, wait to glue them on, I would do the eyes last then.
-If you got different kinds of eyes, then sorry, your just going to have to figure that part out.

Beak and Flippers
-Next, sew the flippers and beak. Machine or not, sew around the outer edge of the fabric to put the two pieces together.

-If you have a sewing machine, once the beak and flippers are sewed put less then the amount you would normally use of stuffing in the parts. Then with your machine, sew 2 straight lines on the flippers to make the flipper marks, and then a curved line on the beak for the beak mark. THEN you can stuff the parts all the way.
-If you don't have a sewing machine, it will be harder. Fully stuff all the parts and then with VERY small stitches, sew the flipper lines and the beak line if you want too.

Finish It Up
-Now that all the parts are ready, you can sew them on to the googles. This should always be done as HANDSEWING. So no need for the sewing machine anymore. Make sure your body is turned the right way. Fold in the flaps that are sticking out where the beak and flippers should be. Then, sew in both flippers. Use small and neat stitches. Make sure their really tight, my beak fell off twice and I had to redo it. So in both flippers.

-Now all that should be left is a beak hole. (which should be the biggest hold you had made) Its time to stuff the googles! Put a lot of stuffing in there, cause it will eventually flatten down. Then dew in the beak like you did the flippers, and hopefully, (if my guide is right) Your googles is done!

Here is how mine turned out:

So there. Hope this helped you if you ever wanted to make a googles!

Extra Stuff
-If you have any extra fabric, make a mini googles for a younger sibling or cousin! That's what I did with my extra fabric.
-You can also make little beanbags, slippers, hats, or beds for your googles.
-Try making a bedroom for your googles with a cardboard box. You can put your fabric on the bottom of the box as carpet, or the sides of the box as wallpaper.

If you ever do decide to use my guide to make a googles, post a picture of you googles here! I really want to see how yours turn out!

Last edited by jellydonut; 11-14-2011 at 07:38 PM..
jellydonut is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds
babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds

Default Re: How to make your own plush googles! (Very Very Detailed Instructions on how to make a Googles)

Neat Guide!
That's a really cute and fun Idea!
babykittyricky is offline Female
Old 08-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Default Re: How to make your own plush googles! (Very Very Detailed Instructions on how to make a Googles)

That is an amazing guide. Rep
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #4

Priceless has disabled reputation

Wonderful guide! Rep for you for all your hard work. And a cute result too!

Oops, I need to Spread it around.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 08-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Diabetes Awareness

hooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Epic guide jelly! So cool! Rep!
Aw man, I need to spread it around. Imaginary rep!
hooray101 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

That's so ADORABLE!!!!
I might try making one in the future =)
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
TaliaJoy18 </3

aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible
aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible

Default Re: How to make your own plush googles! (Very Very Detailed Instructions on how to make a Googles) :D

Amazing Guide! I'm definitely going to try and make one in the future Thanks for sharing this amazing guide with us!

+1 Rep
aquahusky14 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
psalm 27:1

hpfan9 is sweet stuff
hpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuff

Default Re: How to make your own plush googles! (Very Very Detailed Instructions on how to make a Googles) :D

Wonderful guide! You google looks realistic(Other than how it's purple ).
hpfan9 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
hat happened?
Gift Guru

Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness
Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness

Wow! That's so cute it's funny! Great job, very creative!
Isabelle123 is offline Female
Old 08-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
Just a lovely

Vanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with graceVanilla3244 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

That's adorable. :3
Great job!
Vanilla3244 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
2cheerios approves!, battlepaw was here, bell77j was here, jellydonut!