Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Post How To Make A Webkinz Sock Monkey

Hi. Today I am going to teach you how to make a Webkinz Sock Monkey. I did not make one myself yet, but I might in the future. The Sock Monkey is an eStore pet, which comes with no plush, that is you can make one if you'd like.

The Steps
  • Make a sock monkey. (steps brought to you by wikihow.com)
Find two clean socks. One sock is the head, body, and legs of the monkey. The other sock will be the arms, tail, mouth and ears.Click the image to open in full size. Two Socks
Turn the socks inside out.
Make one sock into the legs and neck.
  • Fold one sock with the heel flat.
  • Mark the center line of the foot from the toe to approximately one inch from the colored heel. Click the image to open in full size.

Center line marked.
  • With the sock still folded flat, sew up one side of your marked line and back down the other side, leaving approximately a quarter inch space between the line and your seam. (The width of your sewing machine presser foot usually works well). Click the image to open in full size.

Sew up one side of the line and back down the other side (approx 1/4 inch away from line)
  • Cut the legs up the middle, between your two seams. Click the image to open in full size.

Cut up the middle.
  • Turn and stuff the entire sock. Click the image to open in full size.

Turn and stuff
  • Decide where the "neck" will be and, using sturdy thread such as embroidery floss, stitch around the neck with quarter inch stitches. Click the image to open in full size.

Stitches for cinching the neck.
  • Pull the stitches snugly until you get the size neck you want and knot the ends. Click the image to open in full size.

Cinching the neck to size. Tie the floss securely.
  • Round the head area with stuffing as desired.
  • Stitch the top opening of the sock closed.
  • Note: If your sock opening is the same color as the body of the sock, just make a nice rounded head and stitch it shut. If it is a contrasting color, you will need to decide if you want to cut it off (makes a shorter body for the monkey) or use it as a "hat" by not stuffing the last inch or two and cinching the opening into a cone shape to simulate the crown of the "hat" as follows:
Click the image to open in full size.

Pattern to cut and sew.

Cut the second sock as shown. You may also choose to follow the illustrations in the link below.
  • Second sock, sewn and cut: Click the image to open in full size.

Completed pieces.
  • Second sock, turned and stuffed: Click the image to open in full size.

Turned and stuffed tail and legs. Ears turned, nose still waiting to be dealt with.
Attach the tail to the rump. Click the image to open in full size.

Sew the tail to the rump.
Attach the arms to either side of the body. Click the image to open in full size.

Arms sewn to either side of the body.
Make the mouth/nose from the heel of the second sock. Cut it out, stuff it, and sew it onto the "face" of the first sock as shown in photo. Click the image to open in full size.

Cut out.

Turn the raw edges of the ears to the inside and stitch them closed. Click the image to open in full size.

Turn raw edges in and close the ear.

• Stitch the completed ears to each side of the head.
    Add button eyes and there's your monkey!

Eyes added.
  • After your sock monkey is made, sew a "W" on it's foot, or any other place you would like.
I will try this soon, and post my own pictures too.
Emma8432 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

Default Re: How To Make A Webkinz Sock Monkey

That's good, I will probably make one in the future also . I just got the Sock monkey webkinz too! but, i am just going to make a Sock monkey, not webkinz. One of my siblings already has a sock monkey named George so i am just gonna make another one.
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 01-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!BlueKat567 is not just visiting!

That's a good idea! Thanks!
BlueKat567 is offline Female
Old 01-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

You're welcome.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

thanks! i am going to make one for sure!
labsrock is offline Female
Old 01-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
band guys are so
Gifted

Great! Post pictures of it and I will add them to the first post!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #7

monkeysgirl can ride a flying orange
monkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orange

Thanks!
My mom is helping me make one
Not a webkinz but for enjoyment
I'll post pics when I'm finished
REP!
monkeysgirl is offline Female
Old 01-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for posting this how to. I LOVE the New Sock Monkey and now we can have a REAL one to go with the virtual REP4U!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Thanks for the guide!
I'm thinking GANZ changed the graphics so we could make it easier.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 01-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #10
Gifted

lovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossible
lovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossible

This is great!! I love this guide and I will definitely make one of my own!
Closed