Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
I'm a Signature
BearHugs is a jewel in the roughBearHugs is a jewel in the rough

Arrow HOW-TO: Make a successful and popular thread!!

How To Make a Popular And Successful Thread!

Hello Insiders! Have you ever wanted to made a thread that is super popular, and you get a bunch of replies a day?
If you have, this is the right place! This is a step-by-step guide that will help you make a popular and successful thread! Here we go!

The Thread Title

The first thing that people see before anything else on your thread, is the title. Your thread might be fabulous but people won't know this and won't click on your thread if its a not-so-catchy title.

You want something that will POP at everyone!

Lets say you found a new webkinz pet that is coming out.
You could say: OMG OMG OMG LOOK!

But there is a BIG error! You want people to know what the topic is! Of course people will be suspenceful but then again, they'll think its one of those unserious people trying to give info that everyone already knows.
Rule: State topic in title!

This is what you should say: Wow! I found a NEW webkinz pet!! -Pictures!!
If you can get pictures, then get them! People love a visual aid and not just reading all the time!

If you were to click on a thread and the first thing you saw was this:
"ok ok look at thsi hwat i found!! isn't it ann awesomeeeeeeeee pet?"

That would not be visually appealing, remember to go over your entire thread to check for spelling, and have capitals and periods on your sentences!!
Also, titles IN the threads makes a reader want to read what you've written!! Use bolding and this font along with under lining for a great affect also. For example:

The new webkinz Duck!
The new webkinz duck just came out...

Visual Appearance

If you use a font style or color that is hard to read, people will just give up and not read what you've written. Also, the size of your font mattters too! People won't want to squint at your writing! Example:
Isn't this difficult to read? Well it isn't smart to use it then!!
Isn't this difficult to read? Don't you want to stop reading it? What if there was a WHOLE paragraph like this..have fun!

Another thing that is a good idea to do is space your paragraphs! If you have a really long story, space out your lines to make paragraphs, its a bit easier to read, which encourages the reader to read.
Also, leave unimportant info out! Don't say the same thing 3 times!

It's always great to have a visual aid, its a brak from reading which not a lot of people love to do [we're not talking books here].

Even smilies are great....

Revelant Topic

There is no point of making a thread, if the only reason your making it, is to have a popular thread. You have to have a reason for making it!

For example:
Thread title: OMG-I really love this!!!
Ok, I like totally love these smilies....

Ok, I mean the smilies are great, but not for a thread topic!

SO have a reason to make a thread in the first place!!

Take the time to write your thread!! Don't rush through it, take teh time to spell things write, have pictures, add pretty titles, make your sentences fancy with bolds, etallics, and underlines!

Make nice paragraphs, and leave in the important info only. Don't use abbreviations that some people might not understand like..btw [which stand for 'by the way'].

I hope your next thread will be a successful and popular one! Good luck!

BearHugs is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
Webkinz :)
Butterflykisses is on a distinguished road

Default Re: HOW-TO: Make a successful and popular thread!!

Hi I am new here at Webkinz Insider. I just wanted to know where do you go or what do you click on to make a thread??

Thanks A bunch!

~ Madison
Butterflykisses is offline Female
Old 06-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
I'm a Signature
BearHugs is a jewel in the roughBearHugs is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: HOW-TO: Make a successful and popular thread!!

View Post Originally Posted by Butterflykisses
Hi I am new here at Webkinz Insider. I just wanted to know where do you go or what do you click on to make a thread??

Thanks A bunch!

~ Madison
Welcome to WebkinzInsider!! I **** read the Rules when you were registering, it showed you how. Remember to always go to Rules and FAQ if you have any questions!!
I'll tell you anyway, towards the top of the page it will say "New Topis", click on on that!
BearHugs is offline Female