Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
i am skylar
Webkinz :)

dear_shadow_fox has a spectacular aura aboutdear_shadow_fox has a spectacular aura about

Default How to make a 'split avatar' using photoshop---by skylar

{Welcome}
Welcome to my first ever guide (so cut me some slack if it's not perfect) In this guide, I will explain how to make a 'split avatar' using photoshop.

{Example}
This is what a split avatar looks like:

Click the image to open in full size.

{How to}

Instead of cropping the picture, you click on the little "rectangular marquee tool" to the left of the screen (looks like a little square).
Then you use that tool to outline the top part of the picture, leaving a third or so left on the bottom. Then you right click and click on "layer via cut"
You should now have two layers. One with a third of the picture. And one that looks like this:

Now you do the same for the bottom part, but leave out a bit in between the top and bottom parts. now you have a layer that looks like this:

Next, you delete the layer that has the middle part, so you have only the two layers shown above

Finally, add whatever text and symbols you want. I would usually put the text where the split it--it looks best there in my opinion.

the finished product looks like this:

{Other}
Thanks for reading this guide! I hope it helps you with your graphic making and hopefully we will see many split avatars around the forum.
If you like this idea, but don't feel like making one yourself, feel free to order one at my shop ;]
dear_shadow_fox is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #2

Juicy Couture has disabled reputation

Default Re: How to make a 'split avatar' using photoshop---by skylar

great guide!
Juicy Couture is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
i am skylar

dear_shadow_fox has a spectacular aura aboutdear_shadow_fox has a spectacular aura about

thanks rylee!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
ell i'm katiee (:

klcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledge

thanks so much for the guide!
klcao12 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #5

Priceless has disabled reputation

Great job!
Priceless is offline Male
Old 02-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
i am skylar

no problem katie

thank yeww priceless!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
duwang gang

luree611 has disabled reputation

This is a great guide! I just now made one, and i had no idea how to until i saw this.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
horan's bed
Gift Guru

stormypanda is sweet stuff
stormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuff

Great guide.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
i am skylar

looks great luree!

and thanks stormypanda!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:16 AM   #10
Call me Karen

webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!

This is an awesome guide! I will try this tomorrow and show you the results.
webkinzlover218 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
skylar's here!