Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
I Love My 26
Webkinz :)

Night is on a distinguished road

Exclamation How to Make A Simple Avatar

Here is my guide, on how to make an EXTREMELY simple avatar is MS Paint.
Provided with pictures!

Step 1: Open Paint, create a new document, 100x100 px, and select the paint bucket tool.
Click the image to open in full size.

Step 2: Select any color, and fill in the white with the desired color for your background. For this, I will be using a green.
HINT: For a custom color, double click on any color in the palette. Then, click define custom colors. Choose one of the white squares below, then in the panel to the right, move the tabs until you find your perfect color! Click add to custom colors to finish.

Step 3: Now, for a picture. Add anything you want, by merely copying and pasting. You can resize it, if you want. I will be using an easter duck.
HINT: If you want to add anything to the background, do it before you add the picture!
When you have the rectangle picture, look down. here are two boxed options. Choose the lowest one.

Step 4: Border Time! Using the solid rectangle tool, (the rectangle with a blue inside,), choose any color you want and make a border.
HINT: To really make it pop, move the border 1 pixel from the edge and do it from there.

Step 5: Add Some Text! Choose any color you want, and click the A button in the side palette. Click and drag a box, choose a style and size, and type! To choose the style, right click inside the box and click text toolbar.
HINT: If you want, use a large text, then a tiny one for side text, like what I did.

Step 5: Upload it and you are done! Though, I feel it's plain, so I'm adding a few polka dots in the background. You can add anything you want, too!

Here is my finished product!

This brings us to the end. I hope you like it! Keep your eyes peeled for my next How-To. And advanced tutorial!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
Gift Guru

WebkinzRockHardGurl has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: How to Make A Simple Avatar

This is great! Can't wait for the advanced tutorial!
WebkinzRockHardGurl is offline Female
Old 04-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
Gift Guru

bskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond repute

those things may seem pretty simple to some. i for one am not that technologically gifted and would much rather have someone make one for me. my idea seems fairly simple but dont know who to ask to do it.
bskrmom is offline Female
Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
louie87

louie87 is on a distinguished road

thanks alot!!
louie87 is offline Female
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 PM   #5
I Love My 26

View Post Originally Posted by bskrmom
those things may seem pretty simple to some. i for one am not that technologically gifted and would much rather have someone make one for me. my idea seems fairly simple but dont know who to ask to do it.
I understand. This guide was made for others, assuming they have /some/ basic knowledge. If you say you want an avatar but you don't know who to ask, PM me any time if you want one. =)

---------- Night added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments!

---------- Night added 1254 Minutes and 3 Seconds later ----------

Bumping so some more people can find it! =)

Last edited by Night; 04-30-2008 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

This is a fabulous guide! It is very simple, but something I think many will want to know to do. This also provides some basic paint tools that people can use to go bigger. Kudos on a fabulous thread! I will direct all those who are wondering to this great guide!
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 04-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #7
I Love My 26

Thank you very much for the kind words, Lily! It really makes my day. =)
Old 04-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
Gift Guru

bskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Night

I understand. This guide was made for others, assuming they have /some/ basic knowledge. If you say you want an avatar but you don't know who to ask, PM me any time if you want one. =)

---------- Night added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments!

---------- Night added 1254 Minutes and 3 Seconds later ----------

Bumping so some more people can find it! =)
thanks for the offer i did PM you. i hope more people find your thread because it is good info i think i gave you rep points for it
bskrmom is offline Female
Old 04-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
SuperJ5678

amazon is a jewel in the roughamazon is a jewel in the rough

WOW! I've ALWAYS wanted one of those, but I could never make one! THANKS!
amazon is offline Female
Closed