Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #1
Gifted

Webkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guide

Exclamation How to make a safe password

Welcome to my Guide about keeping your password safe and avoiding hackers.

Step 1. Pick an object, pet, or person that you want to "form your password" around.
Example. Let's say that you have a Dalmation named Sparky. You can use his name.

Step 2. Next, you'll want to add numbers. Make it easy to remember!
Example. Sparky135

Step 3. Add capital letters. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is if the password is case sensitive.
Example. SpArKy135

Step 4. You can also add .'s if your allowed to use symbols.
Example. SpArKy.1.3.5

Reminders.

1. Keep your password short.
2. Make it hard to guess.
3. NEVER give your password to anybody except maybe your parents.

Thanks for reading my guide! I hope it helped!

P.S. NONE of the examples are my password, so don't even try using them.

Last edited by Webkinz5929; 12-23-2007 at 11:25 AM..
Webkinz5929 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
Gift Guru

whiteterrierlover43 is sweet stuff
whiteterrierlover43 is sweet stuffwhiteterrierlover43 is sweet stuffwhiteterrierlover43 is sweet stuffwhiteterrierlover43 is sweet stuffwhiteterrierlover43 is sweet stuffwhiteterrierlover43 is sweet stuff

Default Re: How to make a safe password

thx for posting this thread,rep points!
~shooshness~
whiteterrierlover43 is offline Female
Old 12-25-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
Stix6789

Thanx!!!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
Joe Mama ♥
Gifted

blondeprincess is on a distinguished road

Thanks a bunch for posting this. It will definetely come in handy!
blondeprincess is offline Female
Old 12-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
FabulousFurryFrkBros
Gifted

stuporg is on a distinguished road

A simple way I've used and taught others to come up with good passwords is to use the first letters of words in a phrase or sentence. Starting with a common word isn't always a good idea. When I was in customer support way-back-when and had to ask customers for their password, it was a 50-50 guess that if it was a woman, it was the name of her cat, and if it was a guy, it was his dog. Second best guess after that was a spouse or child's name.

The first thing my two children wanted to use as a password when they first signed up this fall was their dog's name. When I told them that wasn't a good idea, they second choice was each other's name! I had to chuckle, and my wife and I finally convinced them to think of something else they could remember.

For instance, if I were into music, maybe use the EGBDF or FACES mnemonics as a starting point. Or if one of your favorite sayings was "Ain't that the truth!", maybe use 'Attt' to start. Any phrase will do, as long as you can remember it!

But this would be just the starting point, I still highly recommend using the tips from the original poster to make those strings more unique...they're spot-on for helping protect your password from random guessing.

StuporG
Old 12-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
pupstar35 is
Gifted

pupstar35 has disabled reputation

I always keep my password long! like one time i did my pass FKLNYq78 (THIS IS NOT MY PASSSWORD ANYMORE) and yes i memorized it! i have a new one that is random letters!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
Webkinz :)

swimgurl311 is an unknown quantity at this point

that is such a really good idea. for one of my brothers accounts he just typed the top row of letters on the keyboard but when he realized he accidently told me he changed it to some random password
Old 12-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #8
Lil Kinz
x[WISHBOX]o is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing that advice with us. It's very helpful. Another thing I like to do for a safe password is use my initials, and add some numbers to it.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #9
fillymare
Gifted

fillymare has a spectacular aura about

Just yesterday someone figured out my password and then CHANGED it. Luckly I have my trusty secret codes and changed it to someting. It USED to be wsxcv2 before I changed it. I still wonder how they guessed it! Thanks for sharing
Old 12-29-2007, 04:03 AM   #10
FabulousFurryFrkBros
Gifted

stuporg is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by fillymare
Just yesterday someone figured out my password and then CHANGED it. Luckly I have my trusty secret codes and changed it to someting. It USED to be wsxcv2 before I changed it. I still wonder how they guessed it! Thanks for sharing

That same thing happened to one of my kids accounts a few weeks ago. He's still too young to understand just why he shouldn't ever tell anyone his password, even when one of his friends pretends to tell him theirs (but not really).

He came home from school and luckily told me when he couldn't get log on, and we managed to use one of his codes to change it again before they could pilfer his account.

Although bad, this was the perfect incident to scare him into not giving his new password out to anyone else.

StuporG
Closed