Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
Alyssa and her
Webkinz :)

bigolhapywebknz is just really nicebigolhapywebknz is just really nice

Default How to make a Profitable Garden w/ Plant Characteristics

Hello, everyone! I know with all the talk of farming for cash is making people want to make their own super-farm-gardens. It takes a lot of work to become a good farmer and make lots of profit from gardens. One quote tells all: "Sometimes things need to get bad before they get good." See below some tips and rules you need to follow to make a profitable garden.

Number 1

Start small but plan big**. Creating a huge garden as a start is very expensive. Unless you have plenty to go around (I'd recommend 7,000 or higher), I wouldn't do anything big yet. I'd recommend getting a whole new garden yard if you don't have an empty one already. This is 1,000 dollars! Remember our quote. Anyway, maybe start with one or two from each kind of crop. **You need to have goals and ideal thoughts for your gardens. You can't just farm 2 strawberry crops every day. You need to add in more, keep bringing more in.

Number 2

**Rake/harvest every day! You don't need to water. If you just rake and harvest, crops still grow bountifully*. It's very important, if you want to maximize your crops, that you tend to them every day. If a crop goes bad, you need to start over on it's cycle, which means YOU LOSE MONEY! As soon as you harvest, sell. As soon as you finish the tending, check it over with the inspecting. If you missed a plant, what happens? It could get out of control and go bad! Then that crop's cycle would be reset. So tend to your crops every day. If you absolutely HAVE to miss a day, most of your crops can survive a day or two, but you want to be cautious. Don't go, "Aw, I can wait a day." It's best to tend daily.

Number 3

Soon, build up to make a full garden. I use a full, singular garden yard like most people for my main garden, and I have a mini garden in my backyard-yard. Some people even have several garden rooms to maximize profit. Which ever way you put it, add as many plants as you can. You don't want a little garden, you want a gigantic farm! If you can pull out enough corns a week, you can make 300 on corn alone. Maybe more, maybe less! It's a great way to make money- and of course, sometimes, to keep as a costless food.

TIP!
Notice that gardens and vegetable seeds cost a lot. But, that quote "Sometimes things have to get bad before they get good" comes into play here. Eventually, the profit you can make off of your crops will make up for the expensive room and seeds.

Number 4

Sell with harvests or store in a fridge (if you have one already, fridges cost a lot**). Don't let harvests sit around in your dock unless you plan to eat them, which is not a good plan as food like rice that is plenty good for your pets is better**. Make some organized use of it. Store it in a fridge like a bank; you might be low on cash later, and you'll have four fridges full of farm fresh food (say that five times fast. I didn't even notice that was an alliteration until after I typed it...) to sell. Plus, if you're doing your dailies like you should, you can get plenty of free food ** Or, the best way, sell immediately. Another way to make sure your crop usage is best is by using an Excel document to track what goes where. For example, you could have something like this:

Watermelon

Sell Now: 4
Put in dock for eating or such: 4
Store: 4
Total: 12

Corn

Sell Now: 3
Put in dock for eating or such: 3
Store: 3
Total: 9

Pumpkin

Sell Now: 2
Put in dock for eating or such: 2
Store: 2
total: 6

Strawberries
Sell Now: 1
Put in dock for eating or such: 1
Store: 1
Total: 3

Plan:

Create new cabbage crop. Make 4. Put all
into selling
immediately.

Of course, but in an excel document (I don't use excel for this because I'm not a power-farmer w/ 100 of each crop, but those who are could). You can keep track of what you're doing. Of course, sell now will need to be immediately emptied to 0 as soon as you edit the document...but it's a nice way to make sure you're moving them correctly, or to schedule future fruit/veggie usage. A lot of times I'll keep a watermelon for a contest on WI and then I'll accidentally sell it, forgetting I had it saved. Whoops!

Number 5**

With every time you sell some harvested crops, reinvest. This is the best way to make money while improving. For example, if you have 10 strawberry plants that give off an average of 3 strawberries per harvest, selling for 6 KC, you make 180 if each plant does its part. So buy 3 strawberry seeds for 150 and keep 30. Eventually this will catch up to you, and YOU could be making 1000 or more if each plant is dependable. Reinvesting, like in the real world, may seem bad now but it's the future that counts, and in the future, reinvesting can get you a pile of virtual, imaginary money.

Number 6

Don't stress yourself. You have to decide what works for you**. If you can not get on Webkinz enough to spend 10 minutes on gardening, then maybe your schedule needs to fit with your garden. Have the maximum plants for the time you can use. Don't say, "Oh, I have no time, so I'll just plant this watermelon and be done." You can still find time. Just make your time goal appropriate for the time you have open. Having too much to do for garden work and too little time can lead to dead crops, which means you are wasting money.

I hope this helps you start a good garden! Don't be afraid to add suggestions to add on. I want to help people make gardens! It's a good way to rake (haha, cheesy garden humor) in the cash!

PLANT CHARACTERISTICS GUIDE

Cabbage
Sell Price: 8
Crops per harvest: 1-2 cabbages
ESTIMATED Weed Rate: Average-Moderate
Profit Rank: Good
Seed Buy Price: 50

Carrot

Sell Price: 7
Crops per harvest: 1-3 carrots
ESTIMATED Weed Rate: Moderate

Corn

Sell Price: 6
Crops per harvest: 1-4 cobs
ESTIMATED Weed Rate: Not often

Pumpkin

Sell Price: 10
Crops per harvest: 1 pumpkin
ESTIMATED Weed Rate: Rare
Profit Rank: Good if you have many
Seed Buy Price: 45

Strawberry

Crops per harvest: 1-5 strawberries
ESTIMATED Weed Rate: Often
Profit Rank: Excellent**
CONSIDERED BEST PLANT**

Tomato

Crops per harvest: 1-4 tomatoes
ESTIMATED Weed Rate: Moderate
Profit Rank: Good-ish

Watermelon

Sell Price: 10
Crops per harvest: 1 watermelon
ESTIMATED Weed Rate: Not often
Profit Rank: Good if you have many

Remember that the weed rate is estimated, and that the profit rankings are my opinion. Another person may have more luck with something than another, so I want suggestions for this one, too.

REMEMBER, GARDENS ARE YOUR FRIENDS! You don't give up on friends, you don't give up on gardens.

**Thank you to CatCaretaker for the tips.
* Thank you wowewe and CatCaretaker.

Last edited by bigolhapywebknz; 04-03-2009 at 10:57 PM..
bigolhapywebknz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #2

skyranch is a glorious beacon of lightskyranch is a glorious beacon of lightskyranch is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: How to make a Profitable Garden w/ Plant Characteristics

Thank you so much for this guide!!!!
skyranch is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #3

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

this is a great guide. thanks so much
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #4

soccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant future

This is a great guide but strawberries actually harvest max 5 and tomato harvest max four. I know because I also looked in the wshop and the glitch says 5 tomatoes 4 strawberries but actually it's 5 strawberries max and four tomatoes max.
soccertrader is offline Male
Old 03-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
hat Remains.

MysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Wonderful guide with tons of time and effort put in!

As the poster above me says, there are very minor corrections, such as Strawberries - 5.
MysticMist is offline Male
Old 03-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
Alyssa and her

bigolhapywebknz is just really nicebigolhapywebknz is just really nice

Thanks, I edited that
bigolhapywebknz is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
spongiebobbie
Gift Guru

CatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond reputeCatCaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

bigolhapywebknz. On the million dollar kinzcash challenge I noticed your post about your kc and also the invitation to check out your post.

I have some suggestions that perhaps might help you get to where you want to go faster, they have worked for me, and it is up to you to decide if you want to use them.

1. Do not water your garden. Waste of time and effort. Daily rake the yellow weeds, Harvest daily, but never ever water. Webkinz glitch of some sort, your plants will still grow.

2. Do not buy fridges to store your garden food. This is a for profit garden not a food garden, and if you are doing your wheel of wow and love my pet and checking dailies you will often get enough to feed your pet daily anyway. Remember white rice gives the biggest hunger boost and broccolli, salad or vitamins will give the biggest heart boosts, but I am on often and rarely find a need to buy extra food but if I do I can sell a strawberry for 6 kc and buy the white rice for 5 kc so will still end up making money that way versus eating the farm food.

2. Start small but plan big. If you wait until you have enough kc you may never get off the ground! There is no need to wait for thousands in kc to start a garden. If you don't have one already but have 1,000 kc...buy an outside yard. If you don't have the kc do your dailies and play games and save until you do. Then every day set yourself a goal...mine was to add 5 plants a day when I first started. That is doing dailies like wishing well, wheel of wow, checking todays activities for free food or kc, loving your pet daily, gem hunt and selling the gem if you already have it (because you do want the crown of wonder so keep it if you don't have it already), daily quizzy question, alyssa's star challenge and selling the star if you already have one (because you do want the fairy council high throne so keep it if you don't have it already)do wacky bingoz because I've won a couple times in a year so that was a couple extra thousand, if you have charm forest or woodland wonders or zums to those, I don't have zums but the other two I get extra kc from sometimes. PLUS I found a game that I was good at and played it 10 times every day, made a set of boxes to check that I had done 10, just to add to the kc total.
If you add to your garden every day even if it is small you will get the money sooner than if you wait until you have enough to do it all at once.

3. Since this is a money garden...strawberries only. Make sure you leave room so no pets get stuck. I put 97 strawberry plants in every one of my gardens...but I am super careful to always use the same pet when I garden so if you might want to leave more room.

4. Everytime you sell a harvest plant...reinvest it in your garden. So if you start with 10 strawberry plants...sell average of 3 strawberries per plant at 6 kc each it will sell for 180 kc...well buy 3 new seeds plant right away and keep the 30 kc. Keep doing this until you have as many gardens as you can handle. I find it takes me 3-10 minutes to do a garden every day, so figure out how much time you have in a day. If your plants keep dying and you keep having to dig them up to restart then it isn't any good. You have to figure out what works for you.

Lets do math...if you plant just one garden with 90 strawberry plants...remember slow but steady wins the race...each strawberry plant yields an average of 3 berries....they take 10 days to grow...and they sell for 6 kc...
1 garden x 90 plants x 3 strawberries a plant x 6 kc = 1620 every ten days
so every day you will make an average of 162 kc for 3-10 minutes work gardening/selling
in one year/365 days you will have made average of 59,130 kc from 1 garden.

Hope this helps! I know when I came to WI just over a year ago I found gardening to be the best kc advice I got so hope you are rich soon!

Last edited by CatCaretaker; 04-03-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Old 04-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #8

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

This is a great guide. I am subscribing.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

Terrific guide! I have 2 gardens. One is only strawberries, the other is mixed of w-store and also has my e-store jelly beans and collie PSIs. I sell all the strawberries, pumpkins and watermelons.
mom2tc is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #10
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Great guide! 5-star!

P.S.- Gardens don't have to be watered and they still bring bountiful harvest. It also takes less time.
wowewe is offline Female
Closed