| 08-24-2010, 12:07 AM || #1 |
I'M A FREE SPIRIT
Join Date: Mar 2010
| | How-to make Pictures transparent on Sumo Paint!
Many people working on sprites lately need to make the sprites transparent, but don't have a program to do that! Sumo Paint is a free online paint program with no download required!
1. Go To SumoPaint and click 'Open Sumo Paint and Start Fooling Around!', wait until it loads.
2. Once loaded, go to the bottom right of sumo paint and click the 'Add a New Layer' button (only once.),
then right click the 'Background' layer and click 'Delete Layer'
3. Once the background layer is deleted, click 'File', then 'Import to layer' and finally click either 'From My Computer' (If the image you'd like to make transparent is in your computer) or 'From URL' (if the Image you'd like to make transparent is from an image URL, Delete the 'http://' from the bar.)
4. Once the image is on the layer, click the 'Rectangular Select Tool' and make a rectangle around the image you'd like to make transparent,
then click 'Image' and 'Crop'. This should crop it to that photo.
5. Click the 'Magic Wand Tool',
the tolerance should be between 10%-26%, depending on the picture (I'd keep it at ten for sprites, but more for bigger pictures with more color.), and click the places you'd like to make transparent and press the 'Delete' button on your keyboard.
6. Once done with making the image transparent, crop if needed and press 'File' then 'Save to my computer' make the format PNG, and make the name whatever you please and then click 'Save' and then type in 'PNG' to the image name.
| || |