Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
mycatsnores
Banned
Sleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talent

Default How to make a picture file of your rooms - Paint

Long ago I got tired of going to rooms looking for an item, or wondering which of my Halloween rooms was THE room that an item was in...so I started taking screen shots of my rooms so I have a record. If I'm wondering where something is or what the room looks like, I just pull up the screen shots and save myself a lot of time hunting around waiting for rooms to load. I just find the exact room and go! Here's how you can do it, too, using Paint. This is only for Windows...sorry, I don't have a Mac.

1} Have your room showing on Webkinz, and also open Paint. You can make Paint smaller by grabbing the edges with your cursor and then pulling them to the size you want the window to be.

2} Click on the Webkinz screen to be sure your cursor is on that page. Press the PRINT SCREEN key on your keyboard. This takes a snapshot of your whole page. (This is handy
for all kinds of things!)

Click the image to open in full size.

3}. Now we paste the photo into PAINT. At the top left corner of Paint, click on the clipboard that says PASTE, then on the drop down menu PASTE again. Voila! The screen picture you took is pasted into Paint. Using the scroll bars at the bottom and side of Paint, move the picture so it is centered on the page

4} There's a LOT of stuff in that picture so we have to edit it so it only shows your room and not your dock and everything else. At the top click on select and choose the rectangular selection. (Once you have chosen this, you don't have to redo it every time you want to crop a picture, unless you want to change it)

..........Then click on Crop.

5} This will outline , and cut, the area you choose. Put your cursor at the top left area of the room and holding the mouse down, drag the cursor to the bottom right of the room. See the dotted line? Everything inside that will be the area that is kept. This will crop out the buttons at the top, your dock on the bottom, some of the yard at the sides, etcClick the image to open in full size.

If you make a mistake, just right click anywhere on the page and the dots will disappear.

6} When you are done, go up to the top and again click Crop again. (If you really don't like the whole thing, hold down the CTRL key and click the Z key. This will undo what you just did. ) Click the image to open in full size.

7} Now you're ready to save your pic on your computer. You have several options on Paint so I'll quickly explain what they are.

png. one of the best image formats, however it was not always compatible with all web browsers or image software. It's the best image format to use for websites and things like logos and screen shots that you post.

.jpg is the most popular way to save a graphic, and is used for colour photographs, or any pictures with many blends or gradients of color. It is not good with sharp edges and tends to blur them a bit

.gif are best for line drawings, cartoons, logos, and animations. A .gif only has 256 colors or less. It is commonly used for fast loading web pages.

.bmp are used on Windows. If you resize them they might not look very good since this is a simple type of file saving and is very basic. Paint will automatically save things as a .bmp.

I would recommend saving your pics as jpg or png. I will save mine as a jpg to show you how to do it; if you'd rather save it as a png just follow these same directions

8} Now you have your cropped room picture and it's time to save it to your computer. Go to the left side of your menu again and click on the blue button that has the arrow on it. You'll get a drop down menu. Go down to Save As and then move across to .jpg (or whichever format you want to use). Click on your choice.

9} You will get a window that shows you all the folders on your computer. This usually defaults to "My Pictures" or "Pictures"

You can click any folder and put your saved photo there, too. Where it says File Name on the bottom, type the name of your room (it's easiest to put the same name as you have on your room map). I have a folder named webkinz stuff where I put all my...well...webkinz stuff

Once you are all set, click the SAVE button. Youre done! The end!

This all takes 20 seconds once you get the hang of it so don't think this all sounds endless I have pictures of over 200 rooms and it makes Webkinz Life a bit easier. This is also great if you want to redecorate your room but want to take a picture of it before you do this, just in case you want to put it back the way it was, or even like one of the "redo-s" and want to keep the idea.

Have fun! Any questions, just give me a yell!
Sleeping Awake is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
ebkinz nerd!
Webkinz :)

Sunnychan is an unparalleled talent
Sunnychan is an unparalleled talentSunnychan is an unparalleled talentSunnychan is an unparalleled talentSunnychan is an unparalleled talentSunnychan is an unparalleled talentSunnychan is an unparalleled talentSunnychan is an unparalleled talentSunnychan is an unparalleled talentSunnychan is an unparalleled talentSunnychan is an unparalleled talentSunnychan is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: How to make a picture file of your rooms - Paint

Thanks so much! I don't have Paint, but this works the same with another program I have! Either way, this is vey helpful!
Sunnychan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
mycatsnores
Banned
Sleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talentSleeping Awake has lots of talent

I'm glad you found this helpful! I use another program for graphics, too, but since Paint comes with every Windows computer, I thought this would be easiest for many. Have lots of fun on Webkinz!

Sleeping Awake is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
mom of 2 wackyteens!

mom of 2 teens swims in greatness
mom of 2 teens swims in greatnessmom of 2 teens swims in greatnessmom of 2 teens swims in greatness

Thanks so much. I find this very informative, easy and helpful. The pictures help a lot.
mom of 2 teens is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Thank you for such clear and useful info.
Webberlily is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #6

mitfy has disabled reputation

I have a Mac, so I can help you with that if you'd like.
There are two ways you can do it:
Shift + Command + 4:
Hold down those three keys (kind of like how you'd do a control-alt-delete thing) and your curser will turn into crosshairs.
You can then select an area to take your screenshot of.
It'll be saved on your desktop.
Shift + Command + 3:
Hold down those three keys. You will get a picture of your entire screen.
It'll be saved on your desktop.
You can then crop it any way you want.

There are other ways, but those are the best ways.
mitfy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #7
hats Taters Precious
Gifted

Susiejax is epic beyond epicnessSusiejax is epic beyond epicnessSusiejax is epic beyond epicnessSusiejax is epic beyond epicnessSusiejax is epic beyond epicnessSusiejax is epic beyond epicness
Susiejax is epic beyond epicnessSusiejax is epic beyond epicness

LOVELY tutorial! Thanks for this easy guide. (and great idea for easy checking for your items! I have the same problem!)
Susiejax is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
Jennacat4

googles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talentgoogles12345678 has lots of talent

Thanks you!
googles12345678 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #9

DebDybs defies all odds
DebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all oddsDebDybs defies all odds

Great info! Thanks so much!
DebDybs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #10
Yipes bunnies

Lucy Hippo is epic beyond epicnessLucy Hippo is epic beyond epicnessLucy Hippo is epic beyond epicness
Lucy Hippo is epic beyond epicnessLucy Hippo is epic beyond epicnessLucy Hippo is epic beyond epicnessLucy Hippo is epic beyond epicnessLucy Hippo is epic beyond epicnessLucy Hippo is epic beyond epicnessLucy Hippo is epic beyond epicness

thank you for showing this method. it will help greatly to have the pic of the room on computer without having to print out each room, etc.

rep to you.

Lucy Hippo is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
bob stay strong, googles always prevail, yolo pants