Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

Default How to make gradient filled text! With GIMP

Hello, I am teaching you today how to make text signatures (etc) with gradient!

Well first of all, open GIMP

Step 1
Click File>New then click advanced options at the bottom of the window that just popped up.
Where it says color space, change it to RGB color.
Then where it says Fill with, change it to Transparency.
> Click OK

Step 2
Click The bold A, on the menu. Then drag it to make a decent size for your text. Change your font and Size to whatever you want.
Make sure the color is white.
Type your text in the box.

Step 3
Click windows>Dockable dialogs>Layers
Then on your keyboard, press CTRL>SHIFT>N
Now a new window should pop up. There should be a place where you can type something at the top of the window. Type in 'Gradient'.
Leave the size the same and make sure the little circle with the dot in it is the one that has Transparency next to it.

Step 4
In the Layers window, move the gradient layer, below the text layer.
Now, click the text layer, make sure you haven't changed from the text part of the menu.
Click 'Path from text' on the text part of the GIMP menu.
Now, go to Select>From Path
Now there should be dotted lines around your word(s).

Step 5 We're almost done!
Click the Text layer in the Layers Window.
Now, on the GIMP menu, click the gradient option (button) it is next to the bucket fill button.
Choose your Gradient. Drag a line across your text.
Now the text should be filled in with your gradient. Now crop the picture so that it is just a rectangle around the text. (The crop button is on the menu under the color picker )
Now click the text and it should be cropped with just the transparent blocks around it.
Now go to image>Merge visible layers
Click it (DUH).
Now right click over the text, Mouse over file, then click Save as.
Save as (something).Png
Click Save, A window should come up, them click save at the bottom.

RESULTS PLEASE

You should now have a text signature that looks something like this.
Click the image to open in full size.

If you notice any mistakes in the directions, please contact me through pms .
And I would love to see your creations with this when you are done! Feel free to post them on the thread! .

~ Zacspet
zacspet is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Gifted

Midnightstars33 has disabled reputation

Default Re: How to make gradient filled text! With GIMP

Great guide! 5 stars!
My creation is in the spoiler. Not the best graphic in the world.

Spoiler: show
I don't know what's up with the Y though.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

Thats really good!
zacspet is offline Male
Old 07-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Banned
ChristianGirl is an unparalleled talent
ChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talent

This is awesome, thanks!

ChristianGirl is offline Female
Old 07-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
zacspet defies all odds

No problem! That is an awesone graphic!
zacspet is offline Male
Old 07-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
katt †

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Awesome! 5 Stars! I have been wondering how to do this for forever!

My result:

cloverpuppy10 is offline Female
Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
zacspet defies all odds

Aawesome! I have been wondering how as well. But then i checjed webkinzro's guide to make rainbow borders. And i was messing around and accidently made this! So thanks webkinzro!
zacspet is offline Male
Old 07-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #8
katt †

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Cool thanks!!
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female
Old 07-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #9
zacspet defies all odds

I'm glad to see you're using the graphic you made .
zacspet is offline Male
Old 07-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

I love this! Thaks so much, this guide was so easy to follow, even a beginner like me could do it on their own without getting flustered!
Closed

Tags
you are beautiful(: