Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
bostielove
Gifted

Mutt is a jewel in the roughMutt is a jewel in the rough

Default How To Make A Good Post!

Someone as a question like this?:
Do you like the Persian Cat?

Tired of answering like this?:
Yeah.

Here's how to make a reply with PIZAZZ!

Q: Do you like the Persian Cat?

Tip #1: First, what's your answer? Let's say it's 'yes'.
So you'd type:
Yes.
Okay. Boring, right?

Tip #2: Why in the world...??? Okay, why 'yes'? Why do you like the Persian Cat? We'll say it is because of the fur and bow. Make it interesting when you say why! Use descriptive words and details! Ask questions that explain what you do with the fur and bow that make them so fabulous! Or just explain what you do!
So you'd type:
Yes. The fur and bow on that cat are absolutely adorable-- have you tried brushing out the fur with an extra comb?!

Tip #3: Give examples and more details! What did you name your cat? How long have you been searching for one? Do you have cats in real life? Why or why not?? Remember to give EXAMPLES!
So you'd type:
Yes. The fur and bow on that cat are absolutely adorable-- have you tried brushing out the fur with an extra comb?! My cat in real life, Persy the calico cat, is nothing like my darling Kiki(she is my persian cat webkinz)! Persy is picky about where you brush her but not Kiki! I searched for Kiki for 2 months before I found her-- Persy loves to cuddle with her too!

Tip #4: A main question is always good. You may have a few minor ones like in tip one, but give the person a reason to read and respond to your post besides to say, 'Kiki and Persy sound cute.'! Make sure it's interesting so provide 'not needed' details, facts, or examples!
So you'd say:
Yes. The fur and bow on that cat are absolutely adorable-- have you tried brushing out the fur with an extra comb?! My cat in real life, Persy the calico cat, is nothing like my darling Kiki(she is my persian cat webkinz)! Persy is picky about where you brush her but not Kiki! I searched for Kiki for 2 months before I found her-- Persy loves to cuddle with her too! Do you have a real cat? If you're allergic to them I hear they have hairless ones. Unless you have a dog that would chase a cat or something. Also, do you have a Persian Cat? Of course, you might be just interested in opinions and reviews and such!

Tip #5: End on a nice note! Ask a question, comment, compliment-- whatever seems to fit the bill!
So you'd say:
Yes. The fur and bow on that cat are absolutely adorable-- have you tried brushing out the fur with an extra comb?! My cat in real life, Persy the calico cat, is nothing like my darling Kiki(she is my persian cat webkinz)! Persy is picky about where you brush her but not Kiki! I searched for Kiki for 2 months before I found her-- Persy loves to cuddle with her too! Do you have a real cat? If you're allergic to them I hear they have hairless ones. Unless you have a dog that would chase a cat or something. Also, do you have a Persian Cat? Of course, you might be just interested in opinions and reviews and such! Well, I'm sure you have some kind of cute webkinz! Are there any you don't like? I know I think they are all so cute! I like the fluffy haired ones like the Persian Cat the best! Well, feel free to PM me as well!

Pointers: Make sure your post is MORE than 10 words!(pointer by webkinzlover1264) Try to stay on topic! You can tell I seem to be straying away from the topic when I ask about what webkinz they don't like, but then I RELATE back to PERSIAN CATS. Also, as cheekycatlover said, you could SUGGEST to this person that they could go to the polls if they just want yes/no responses. =) Mileywebkinz also suggested something-- people will like it more when you punctuate and spellcheck often. That includes typin lik tis to sav time. Of course, if you happen to notice that band on their avatar is your all time favorite you could always add a nice 'P.S. I LOVE -band name in CAPS here-! Don't do it just to get your posts up-- HAVE A CONVERSATION AND MAKE SOME NEW FRIENDS!

After all, when you have a post like this you'll never get this:
The message you have entered is too short.

Enjoy! Feel free to PM me!
~Mutt

---------- Mutt added 199 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

Anyone have any tips to add? I'll give credit of course. =)

Last edited by Mutt; 02-22-2008 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Mutt is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
My 35 webkinz are
Gifted

webkinzlover1264 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: How To Make A Good Post!

Cool, Ill add a tip-

Try to make your reply is more than 10 words.
webkinzlover1264 is offline Female
Old 12-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
bostielove
Gifted

Okay thanks! I'll add these pointers!
Mutt is offline Female
Old 12-31-2007, 12:21 PM   #4
<3
Banned
Horsiesgal is an unknown quantity at this point

thx for sharing it helped!
Old 12-31-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
call me char =]
Gift Guru

Winterfresh is a glorious beacon of lightWinterfresh is a glorious beacon of lightWinterfresh is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks that helps a lot! My posts are always "Wow, cool," or "Sweetness," but now I know how to make a nice long post! Nice, long, interesting posts are great when you're trying to become Gifted! I should know, I got turned down for becoming Gifted once, because I had too many "fluff" posts! Of course now I'm Gifted, on the second try!
Winterfresh is offline Female
Old 12-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
Webkinz :)

ChipmunkChick101 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you so much for this info! i think longer posts make better conversations. rep point to you!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
Gifted
PonyPrincess is an unknown quantity at this point

that helped thanks! Except right now I have a question for you.HOw do you start a thread? I know how to respond to them but dont know how to start so if anyone wants to help me feel free! Happy New Year
Old 01-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
bostielove
Gifted

Gad everyone liked it! =D I hope there's going to be some good conversations in WI now!
Mutt is offline Female
Old 01-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
webkinz_forever

I really like your guide. I sometimes have trouble with having something to say. I won't have trouble any more!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #10
Gifted

cheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the tips i will try to use them. I don't know if you want to use this tip or not, but the easiest way to find questions like that is to go to the pollz.
cheekycatlover is offline Female
Closed