| 12-01-2008, 10:25 PM || #1 |
Join Date: Oct 2007
| | How to Make Cute Ornaments for Your Christmas Tree!
How to Make Cute Ornaments!
I was doodling the other night, and cut out my drawing to stick on the Christmas tree. But they flopped around; so I tried this out! And my new ornaments look great
- YOU WILL NEED -
- pencil ( use a pen at your on risk )
- glue ( if liquid, you'll need a Q-tip )
- X-acto knife ( If you aren't old enough, get a parent to help or use scissors CAREFULLY! )
- your drawings ( shouldn't be to big.. about a quarter of a page. The size of a ornament. )
- a ornament hanger ( the bendable ones. String will work fine. )
Carefully trace your drawing. I did a Mrs Claus. Go all the way around. =]
[ NOTE: Don't flip your drawing over! You'll get a backwards cardboard piece. If you get pencil markings on your paper, just erase them. ]
Get a parent if you aren't old enough for this part!
Cut out the outline with your X-actor Knife [or scissors].
You might have to go around. It's normal not to get a perfect cut.
Place your drawing onto your cardboard to see if the fit is okay.. If it doesn't fit, follow these directions:
1. Cut out a circle around your drawing.
2. And began working your way as close to the picture as you can.
Mine worked out well, so we will move on.
Paste your drawing on. If you are using liquid glue, use a Q-tip to evenly spread. Don't use to much; about 2 or 3 dips is fine. Trim the sides off that were missed.
Poke a small hole in the top, put your hanger in, and wa-lah!
A homemade ornament!
You might want to put your initals if you have siblings, or put a date. Then find a nice branch, and stick it on
Last edited by WebkinzRockHardGurl; 12-06-2008 at 01:24 PM..
| || |