| 02-03-2012, 04:55 PM || #1 |
12 ft deep
Join Date: May 2011
| | How to Make a Chinese Sampan Boat =)
Here's a guide on how to make a Chinese boat, also called a Sampan out of just a square piece of paper. Enjoy!
1. Get a square piece of paper. Mine's a bit bent, but that's OK
2. Fold it diagonally to form a triangle.
4. Fold diagonally the opposite way and unfold.
5. After you unfold, fold in each corner to the middle vertex.
6. Unfold, now fold to edges down to the line you just made.
7. With the new corners still folded down, fold down each side so that all of the folds are down comfortably, no more, no less
8. Do an inside fold so you can't see any of the previous folds.
9. fold down one of the loose edges so you see 2 triangles.
10. Flip over.
11. Fold down the other loose edge
12. Fold down the 2 little triangles.
13. You'll see a faint line in the middle. fold down the little triangles once more so the corners touch the line.
13. Repeat on other side.
(Sorry, didn't get a pic for this one
14. Look at the loose point you formed in steps 12 + 13. Fold it down to the bottom edge.
15. Repeat on opposite side.
16. This part's tough. If you look at it from above, you'll see 3 lines. grab the outer two, and turn the paper inside out.
17. Here's What I got =)
Constructive criticism allowed!
Hope you like it!
Any questions just ask.
Last edited by lizzielizardv; 02-04-2012 at 09:10 AM..
| || |