Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
I Love My 26
Webkinz :)

Night is on a distinguished road

Default How to Make An Avatar (ADVANCED)

Okay, so this is the advanced tutorial for making an avatar. I'll assume you know the basics, such as cropping, what opacity is, etc...
This guide has been made for higher quality programs, not MS Paint.
If you really want to make an advanced avatar, but don't want the hassle of having to buy a program, PAINT.NET or The GIMP are both very good programs that get the job done.
Before I go on with my tutorial, if you would like an easier on, click
here .
Onto the tutorial!
P.S: I WILL be using layers in this tutorial. If you don't know what those are, or how to use them...I suggest you find out.
The pictures in this guide will only consist of the what the avatar looks like in each step.

Step 1: Open up your program, I am using adobe photoshop elements 4.0. Create a document 100x100px. Take the paint bucket tool and fill your background layer with your desired background color.
HINT:
You may want to unlock the background, or fill it with a gradient. I will be using solid color.
Click the image to open in full size.

Step 2: Picture time! Add any picture you want, on a new layer, above your background. I will use a love puppy. Use the magic wand tool to take away most of the white, then carefully erase the last bits.
HINT: Try to pic a picture that contrasts with the color scheme.

Step 3: Make a new layer, under the picture and above the background. Paste the same picture, enlarge it however much you like. It doesn't matter if it goes off the canvas. Dial down the opacity to 25%-75%.
HINT: Toy with this step any way you want. You can even skip it!

Step 4: Add a pretty border. On a new layer, above every layer, make a border using any tool your program provides. (Line tool, rectangle line tool, etc..) Toy with the border HOWEVER you like. =)
HINT: Making a solid rectangle, then using a rectangle select tool and taking out a rectangle from the inside is a way to create a border.

Step 5: Add some funky text on a new layer! To make it stand out, create a new layer below it, with the EXACT SAME SIZE AND SAME WORD text under it. Color it a bright color, then click filter>blur>gaussian blur. Set it from 2-8 px. If you have to, simplify your layers.
HINT: Use clear, bold colored text for the best effect.

Step 6: Time for the finishing touches! I used some special brushes, and, varying opacities, pressure, and colors/sizes, came up with something very cool.
HINT: Do whatever you want with this step. It's how you personify your avatar!

And here is the finished product:

Now, don't forget, practice makes perfect!
Look out for my next How-To's....Signatures!

---------- Night added 1256 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

Bumping so some more people can find it. =)

Last edited by Night; 04-30-2008 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
lolly247z

piggy17 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How to Make An Avatar (ADVANCED)

Can you make me one that has a penguin one that says PEACE on it and has a peach backround.

---------- piggy17 added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later ----------

sorry, a black cat with a green backround.

Last edited by piggy17; 04-30-2008 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
I Love My 26

Night is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How to Make An Avatar (ADVANCED)

Yes, I can. I just want to point out that this is supposed to be a guide, not a booth/shop thread. Not trying to be rude or anything.
Closed