Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #51
Has37789
Gift Guru

has37789 is a glorious beacon of lighthas37789 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: How To Make Animated Snowglobes

I need Help! I can't perfectly cut out the reindeer!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #52

dogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Webbiekinz
Hey! Thanks a lot! Check it out!!
Wow that is a wonderful snowglobe. Great idea!

---------- dogsdigholes added 4 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by has37789
I need Help! I can't perfectly cut out the reindeer!
It doesn't have to be perfect. Especially not your first time. What program are you using?

Last edited by dogsdigholes; 10-22-2007 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #53
emily7921

View Post Originally Posted by Webbiekinz
Hey! Thanks a lot! Check it out!!
Yours is soo cute! How do you do the lighting like that?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #54
Webbiekinz1
Gift Guru
Webbiekinz is a splendid one to beholdWebbiekinz is a splendid one to beholdWebbiekinz is a splendid one to beholdWebbiekinz is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by emily7921
Yours is soo cute! How do you do the lighting like that?
I followed dogsdigsholes instructions, except instead of snow on two frames, I put lightning bolts in yellow and darkened the backgound in one frame so that it looked more like lightning. I'm not sure if I should have put the shadow on the witch in the lighter frame, she seems to stick out too much in that one. LOL
Old 10-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #55
Has37789
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by dogsdigholes
Wow that is a wonderful snowglobe. Great idea!

---------- dogsdigholes added 4 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

It doesn't have to be perfect. Especially not your first time. What program are you using?
I'm using Paint
Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #56
UNI

Very cool avatar.... very cool to give up how to do it.....

hey wait a second..... I get it...

your just plain COOL
Old 10-23-2007, 10:51 PM   #57

dogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledge

Okay I can see this part needed to be added for all of you using Paint. This was the first time I have made something in Paint since I was 9 or 10. LOL I'm a little rusty with this program :0)

Here we go...

The first step is to open your snow globe picture in Paint.

Click the image to open in full size.

Next you need to go to WI and take a screen shot of any page. Then go back into Paint and click "edit" and then "paste." You need a sample of the darker blue color to blend your background into the page. Use the "dropper" tool and click on the darker blue area below my avatar. Then go to the top of the page and click "edit" and "cut."

Next click on the paint can icon and fill in the area around the snow globe blue. Sometimes it will not color all the area you want blue so you will have to finish painting it in by hand. I would recommend going to "view" then "zoom" then "custom." You will need to be zoomed in about 400 to be able to see what you are working on.

When you have finished coloring it in your picture should look like this...

Next use the same "dropper" tool and take a color sample of the area around the deer and sleigh. You will need to color over both of those. Your picture does not have to be perfect because your big image will cover most of that area anyway.

When you have colored all of those areas the picture should look something like this...

Now it's time to save the snowglobe picture. Close it out and open the picture of whatever pet or object you are going to add into the snowglobe. You need to click on the "Free Form Select" tool. Then click the second button indicated below. Once you have clicked on both of those buttons you need to zoom in on your image and outline it as closely as you can.

Once you close your outline your picture should look like this...

When the outline is closed a square will appear around the outside of your image.

Now you need to click "edit" and "copy." Then close that picture and reopen your snowglobe picture. Once you have it open click "edit" and "paste." That will make your pet show up beside the snowglobe.

The square outline is still around the image of your pet. Click on the corner of the picture and drag down. This will shrink the image of your pet until it can fit inside the snowglobe.

When you have your pet the correct size and have centered it in the snowglobe it's time to start the detail work. You have to use the "dropper" tool and select the colors around the pet's outline so that you can match the colors and fill them in. That way the pet looks like it was cut out perfectly even though it wasn't.

For some reason during the cutting and pasting the white parts of the reindeer were washed out. So click on the paint brush tool and fill in the white spaces.

Once you have finished all of the "clean up" on your picture it should look like this...

Now it's time to save your picture. Then click "edit" and "copy." Now you can click on the large round paint brush and make your snow. Once you have added the snow to this picture save it.

Once that picture is saved click "file" and then "new." Now click "edit" and "paste." You should have just pasted your snowglobe image onto your new paper. Add snow to this picture as well but be careful to put it in different places than in the first picture. Now save the picture you just finished.

All that is left is to trim the picture down a little. Click on the tool indicated below. Use it to drag on outline around the snowglobe.

Now you are able to click on the section you just outlined and move it around on the page. You need to click "edit" and "copy."

Go to "file" and click "new." Then click "edit" and "paste." You should now have a much smaller image than before. Now you are ready to begin to animate. See the directions on the first page of this thread for thos instructions.

I hope this helped all the Paint people out there. This was the easiest way I could think of. It's a lot of work but if you really want to make your images then it's possible to make them this way. Good luck everyone!

--DDH :0)

---------- dogsdigholes added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later ----------

I'm using Paint
Okay has I made some new directions. These will help you figure out what to do next :0)

---------- dogsdigholes added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by UNI
Very cool avatar.... very cool to give up how to do it.....

hey wait a second..... I get it...

your just plain COOL
LOL Thanks that is very kind of you to say. I hope you give this a try. Once you get the hang of it there is nothing better :0)

Last edited by dogsdigholes; 10-23-2007 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #58
Has37789
Gift Guru

Default Re: How To Make Animated Snowglobes-Now With Directions For Paint

ok i am confused. How do you add that clour to your custom colours
Old 10-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #59

ok i am confused. How do you add that clour to your custom colours
Do you mean the blue color?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:02 PM   #60
hats up? :)
Gifted

melmoore is on a distinguished road

cool, ill make one today
melmoore is offline Female
Closed