Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default How to leave meaningful rep points!

Reputation, we all love to get it, but do we know what makes the certain ones stick out more than the others? To me, it seems to be the thought they put into it! You may be thinking "What does she mean, and how do I put thought into the rep I give?"

The first thing you need to do to understand how to give good rep, is to look at your own. Go to the UserCP, and look at your latest 15 rep points that were given to you. Which ones do you just scan right over? Which ones do you read, and they make you feel good and important?

There are my answers to the questions, and mine alone. It is fine if you feel the same way, but it is a personal thing, and if you do not feel the same, adapt the information to the way you feel.

Ones I just scan over.
>The ones I scan over, are usually the ones that are just one or two words. When I get a rep point that says something simple like "Thanks." I usually just keep going. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they wrote completely.

Ones I really remember and think about
>The ones that say something specific or personal. Some examples of this are when they write something specific about why they like my post, or what they like about it.

Ex: Thanks for your support, it made me feel so good!
>This is a good example, because it explains that they like it, because it made them feel good to read it!

Ex: This was a really well written guide! I loved the metaphor you used to explain what account hackers are.
> This is a good way to give rep because it shows that they appreciated it enough to think about it, and it shows that they actually read it. It is easy to assume that something will be good, and just write something generic.

Now, you have to incorporate your answers to these questions into the way you give out your rep.

Look at the ones you looked at, smiled for a quick second, and moved on. See what all examples of this have in common. These are the kinds of rep points you want to avoid giving.

This is the most important parts, which rep points really stuck out, and ones that you will remember in a few days, weeks, or months. Again, figure out what these have in common, or what about them made you feel good and happy. Apply the same techniques into the rep you give.

> Giving good rep encourages people to participate more, boost self esteem, tells them what a great job they did, and that they are appreciated. Ever heard the saying "Giving is better than receiving." This applies to rep too! Whenever you like a post, give the little thumbs up a click, and then start your message! What an easy way to make someone feel great!

I hope you learned a thing or two from this little guide. If you have any ideas, or would like to share thoughts on anything, from what you thought about this, to what rep makes you feel "good" then feel free to post, I would love to hear from you!
-Lilypad is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
mvbelb
Gift Guru

lightson50 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: How to leave meaningful rep points!

wow thank you so much!!!
lightson50 is offline Female
Old 01-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

You are welcome, I am glad you came to look at it!
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 01-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
Ask me
Gifted

Curie is just really niceCurie is just really nice

Thanks a bunch!
Curie is offline Female
Old 01-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
Gifted

bubblemonkey55 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for this thread it really mde me think twice about our thankz points!!
bubblemonkey55 is offline Female
Closed