| 01-21-2011, 12:58 PM || #1 |
Join Date: Jun 2009
| | How to Invite or Request to be invited to a Party after it is set up
I noticed there have been several Questions regarding this subject lately and I have researched this and found helpful tips and was suggested to share for everyone to be able to use.
In order to actually have someone request the invitation I believe you have had to pressed "Yes" when after you have set up your party it asks would you like someone to be able to ask to be invited if guests are not able to attend
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENABLING YOUR SHOUTBOX WIDGETS
- Enable the Shoutbox Widget on your My Page and make sure the permissions are set for it to be viewable by your friend. Instructions for doing that are below
- Add yourselves to each others' phones.
- Direct your friend to follow the instructions to do the same (If you don't know how to contact your friend outside of Webkinz World, this may not be possible.)
- Remember to "accept" them once they've sent you their request.
* If you do this very close to the party time, you and your guest might need to log out and back in for their "Go to party" button to appear.
In your Map, select "My Page"
Click on the "My Page" tab
Click on the "Design" button
Scroll through the template choices and select the "Graphical" template (it's towards the right.)
Choose any background you'd like from the background choices
The Graphical Template has two "Shoutbox" widgets. One of them should now be showing the details of your party.
(Here is a picture of my page after I followed the instructions)
Before you can request an invitation to a party:
- Your friend has to enable the Shoutbox widget on their My Page and you have to have permissions to view it. They will have to follow the same instructions as above.
- You need to be on each others' phone. *I don't think this will work if you randomly come across the "My Page" of someone who is not on your phone.
- Turn on your phone
- Click on the face icon next to your friend's name
- In the window that opens, click on "View My Page"
- When you get to their "My Page" you should see a party widget. If you have not been invited to the party, you will also see a button that says "Can I come?"
* Note: At the time of this post (9/10/10) Party Invitations are converting the party time to the kinztime of the type of account you're logged into (American, European, or Asian kinztime), but party widgets are adjusting the time to show what time the party will be where *you* live. (Not the time zone of your account, but your physical location.)
- Click that button to request an invitation.
(If the party is being held in Kinzchat Plus, and you do not have Kinzchat Plus enabled on your account, OR if the party is full, the "Can I Come" button will not be visible, and you will not be able to request an invitation.)
- Your friend will receive your request via Kinzpost.
- If they have space available, or if people don't RSVP in time, they may click "accept" and invite you. But it's possible that all the slots may be full for their party. Remember, they can only invite 8 people.
- You will be notified of their response via KinzPost. If they click "Decline," you will receive a reply similar to this:
If they click "Accept" you will receive a reply similar to this (which means you're in!)
Don't forget to attend if you're accepted!
| || |