Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Gift Guru

harrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Arrow How to Help New Members!

Hey guys. (:

I've been viewing the 'Hi I'm Joe and I LOVE my Webkinz!' section lately and I'm sort of disappointed. Most new members barely get a welcome from anyone. I know of several people who love greeting the newbies, but compared to how many members has, it's not very many at all.

I'm sure that you remember what it was like to be new here. It was confusing, no one posted on your threads or responded to you, and you felt alone. It's not cool feeling like that.

So why don't you check out these tips and see if maybe we can help out the newbies. They need attention too!

1.) Introduce yourself first.

2.) Be patient - they're new and many of them are at a younger age. They're going to make typos and use the wrong color font. Just keep your cool and there shouldn't be any problems.

3.) Be kind and helpful. Newer members are going to be so confused about what to do here. It's most likely going to be very overwheliming too. If they ask you a question, don't ignore them. Help them out if you can.

4.) Make sure to suggest they check out the FAQ and Rules sections. You can help even further by handing them a link.

5.) Send them a friend's request. It will make them feel excited to have made a new friend, and they'll be very grateful.

6.) Make sure that they know that online bullying isn't going to be accepted here. Tell them how to report a bad member, but also let them know that they can't use the flagging system unless really needed. You cannot just report someone because you don't like them.

7.) Discourage them from getting into fights with other members. Fighting is not prohibited on WI. Also, be sure to report it to a mod if you see anyone fighting, not just newer members.

8.) Let the members know what a creative, fun, educational, and wonderful site Webkinz Insider truly is!

9.) You can also visit some of there threads if their not getting much/any comments. - Thanks to lizzyxwebkinz!

10.) Let the members know our terms. New members might not know what DCT, WI, GE, etc. means. Inform them of this before using them in your posts directed at newer members.

11.) Give them links to any threads you have found helpful on WI.

Please let me know if this thread is any of the following;
- messy
- unhelpful
- needs something added
- has any grammar/spelling mistakes

Hope you found this helpful! (:

- harrypotterfan101

Last edited by harrypotterfan101; 05-12-2009 at 11:03 PM..
harrypotterfan101 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default Re: How to Help New Members

Actually I don't remember (haha) but I have seen that. That's why some people love to greet them, to make them feel welcome
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 04-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
Gift Guru

harrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundharrypotterfan101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

You're absolutely correct. Thanks for posting!

- harrypotterfan101
Old 04-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
O Praise Him ♥
Gift Guru

pollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant future

Great thread, HPF!
pollytoad77 is offline Female
Old 04-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
WhiteTerrierFan

Great tips! It's always good to make new members feel more welcome here at the forum.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
gramtothree
Webkinz :)

gramtothree is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely thread. As a new member to WI and Webkinz, I wish that someone had warned me about trading on the Webkinz Ganz site. I didn't realize that after you had agreed to trade, someone could remove part of the items they put up for trade and leave you with junk. That happened to me today so I don't feel very safe trading there. Oh, well, maybe they needed the item more than I did.

The other tips were very helpful though! Thanks.
gramtothree is offline Female
Old 04-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Gift Guru

Thanks everyone who posted.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #8

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

this's a great thread , rep for you
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 04-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
e love cupcakes
Gift Guru

cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest
cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest

Thanks for posting this guide - great tips, and hopefully all of our new members will soon feel welcome!
cocoharry is offline Female
Old 04-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by cocoharry
Thanks for posting this guide - great tips, and hopefully all of our new members will soon feel welcome!
You're welcome. Hopefully you're right!
Closed