Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
Gifted

iluvwebkinz414 knows the way
iluvwebkinz414 knows the wayiluvwebkinz414 knows the wayiluvwebkinz414 knows the way

Smile How to Be a Help Around the Forum ;)

Hello there!
I'm iluvwebkinz414, but feel free to call me Lizzie. Now I bet you wonder from time to time, "How can I help people and become know around WI?" So, I decided awhile ago that it would be cool to make a guide that included different ways to help people and get better known around the forum. Well here I am with this guide! Whether you're looking to get more posts to qualify to be a GT or just looking to help this guide will give you places to go and help out!

-Lizzie

1. The Somebody Help Section!
This one's kinda obvious. The main section of SH is like a Yahoo Q&A thing, so it's always a good idea to lurk around and find unanswered questions that you can answer!

2. Make a Guide!
Is there something that you're an expert at? Does everyone ask you for your tips and tricks? If they do, you should make a guide about it! People love learning new things, and it's a surefire way to help out someone.

3. General Discussion/Chat!
You can always help and jump in a conversation in the General Disscusion/Chat section. Are you a Webkinz expert? See if you can answer some common questions or put your two cents in a trending topic!

4. Help with the WIKI!
Our staff and WIKI Sysops are always looking for help on the WIKI. You can easily head over to the WIKI section of the forum and see which sections need more work and learn how to fix them up!

5. Make Some Suggestions!
Have an idea to make WI a better place? Then head over to the WI Rules and Suggestions section! Speak out and maybe others will agree with you! Who knows, you could bring a change to WI!

6. Report Glitches!
If you're experiancing a glitch in WW or even on WI, you should head over to the Glitch Report section to report it! Helping websites fix glitches is always considered being a help

7. Go to Look What I Got!
People always like being congratulated, so if you're looking for a way to make someone's day, go to the Look What I Got section!

8. Help...I Need a Pet Name!
Although it doesn't count towards GT application posts, the Help...I Need a Pet Name! section is a great way to help people out. Really good at whipping up names? Make a shop, then!

9. Run a Graphics Shop!
Got a nack for graphics? Then you should consider opening a graphics shop! A lot of people don't have the talent (trust me, I'm one of them ), so it would be a great way to help people!

10. Be a Tracker!
There are many different clubhouse/park events that are in need of trackers. Although some (like Ms. Birdy) are annual events, some go year round, like Doug, Coral Cove Parties and Mr. Moo Ice Cream! If you spend a lot of time in the clubhouse and spot a visitor, head over to the tracking threads and warn the people!

11. Give Tips and Tricks to Arcade Games!
Are you good at games in WW? Have a great method to rack up the KC and trophies? Give some tips on games, then! Everyone's always looking for those little tricks to max out on Kinzcash.

12. Be a Recipe Solver!
If you have the time and the KC for this, it's a great way to help! I warn you though, it takes a lotta time and money...so I'd only try it if you're willing to spend all that KC! LOL

13. Share your KC tips and tricks!
Do you happen to have loads of KC? If you do, you should share your tips and tricks so that other people can do the same!

14. Give Tips and Tricks on other areas of WW!
Are you a stadium champion? Mazin' Hamsters you're thing? No matter what you're good at, give some people your tips and tricks!

15. Help with House Threads!
Decorating more your thing? Then head on over to Decorating Tips and Tricks and help people with rooms or even open up your own shop!

16. Welcome New Members!
Remember when you first joined WI and how overwhelming it all was? That's exactly how new members feel! Help them out by giving them a warm welcome in the Hi, I'm Joe & I LOVE My Webkinz!! section.

17. Wish Someone a Happy Birthday!
Got a friend who's b-day is coming up soon? Then go to the Happy Birthday section and make a thread for them! You can also post birthday wishes for others, too! It would make their day

18. Go to Friends Wanted!
Looking for more friends? The Friends Wanted section is perfect for this. Who knows, it could be the place where you meet your future WI bestie!

19. Give some RL advice!
If you go to Open Mike, you may see some threads where people are asking for advice in real life. If someone has a problem that you've experianced, then it would be really helpful to share your advice with the person.

20. Sprites, Anyone?
Are you good with making sprites? Think yours have a chance to be in the collection? Then show of your craft and hope for the best!

Hopefully these will give you guys some ideas on how to be a help and get your name out there (in a good way!). If you guys have anymore suggestions on how to help, give me a shout and I'll put em in! Thanks for reading, everyone!

-Lizzie
iluvwebkinz414 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
You are Beautiful!
Polkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clownPolkadot54 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: How to Be a Help Around the Forum ;)

Amazing thread Lizzie! Great tips!
Polkadot54 is offline Female
Old 12-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Gifted

iluvwebkinz414 knows the wayiluvwebkinz414 knows the wayiluvwebkinz414 knows the way

Smile Re: How to Be a Help Around the Forum ;)

View Post Originally Posted by Polkadot54
Amazing thread Lizzie! Great tips!
Thanks so much Polkadot!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

great thread! i was thinking about making this, but i have quite a bit of guides already XD
anyways, rep point for you i like being nice <3 haha
Priceless is offline Male
Old 12-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
great thread! i was thinking about making this, but i have quite a bit of guides already XD
anyways, rep point for you i like being nice <3 haha
Thanks so much!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #6

Priceless has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by iluvwebkinz414
Thanks so much!
welcome! i just made another guide here, if you would like to read it

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/.../#post21611321
Priceless is offline Male
Old 12-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #7
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
Your guide is really helping the forum, fantastic job!
Thanks Kate!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #8

Ladybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guideLadybugheart is a golden guide

Awesome thread! I'll definitely be doing these things to be helpful around here!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:07 PM   #9
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

Wonderful tips.
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 12-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #10
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Ladybugheart
Awesome thread! I'll definitely be doing these things to be helpful around here!
View Post Originally Posted by cheekyluver
Wonderful tips.
Thanks so much for reading!
Closed

Tags
james is mangarine