Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #51
Gifted

Webkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guide

Default Re: How to "Go Green" [40 on the List][Created 4-11-09][Updated 5-21-09]

Thank you (: I already have buy in bulk and to use reusable bags, but thanks for giving tips
Webkinz5929 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #52
Lil Kinz
BeWaterWise Rep is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How to "Go Green" [40 on the List][Created 4-11-09][Updated 5-25-09]

Save Water. Today when fresh water levels in many parts of the world have dropped to alarming levels, water conservation is very important. Little things like turning off the faucet when you brush your teeth can save over 3 gallons per day. Often it’s a case of people not being aware of little things they could do to make a difference. BeWaterWise.com offers some great tips and suggestions to conserve water in our day to day life - Water Saving Tips
BeWaterWise Rep is offline Male
Old 05-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #53
arehouse 13 <3
Webkinz :)

Hedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonder

Default Re: How to "Go Green" [40 on the List][Created 4-11-09][Updated 5-25-09]

Wow, we do a lot of these already . I'm always amazed by the amount of garbage a lot of people on our street have. With the exception of when we do a lot of yard work that involves trimming trees, we never have even a full bag of trash. Whereas, we're always running out of things to stick the recycling in. I've got a few more ideas.

You don't necessarily have to switch off your computer; we put our in hibernate, which is almost as good, except you don't need to reload all your software when you come back to it in the morning. It can be set up to do this automatically, but we have to do it manually because Windows has issues with hibernation.

Install low flow shower heads, and fix any leaky taps; they consume a lot of water needlessly.

If you're replacing your toilets anytime soon, try and get low flow toilets. Use an efficient dishwasher, and only switch it on if it's full (or close to full).

If you have a very young kid, try to replace some of the disposable diapers with washable ones.

Grow your own vegetables in your back yard, and don't water your grass more than necessary.

Don't keep your house the same temperature all year round, keep it cooler in the winter and hotter in the summer, it also saves money. If you have pets that need heat to survive, it would be more efficient to buy them a heating pad, lamp, or possibly an in-room heater.

Make sure your house is well insulated.

When you're waiting for the water to heat up, use a watering can to catch the cold water so you can water your plants with it.

Walk, cycle, roller blade, or use a scooter when possible.

That's all I can think of for now. Otherwise I might end up writing these all day . Hope some of them were useful.

Ok, one more.

Use vinegar instead of harmful chemicals like bleach whenever you can.
Hedgie is offline Female
Old 05-26-2009, 10:13 AM   #54

*RowRow* has a spectacular aura about

I HAVE SOME TIPS!!

1. Instead of throwing out your water bottles, wash them out & re-fill them with fresh water & you can use them over and over!!

2. Avoid using styrofoam at ALL COSTS. It just sits in the land fill forever!! If you are going to a place where they serve their drinks in styrofoam cups, bring your own cup (or mug, if it's a coffee place) from home.

3. Ask your mom to use cast-iron pans when she is cooking, instead of non-stick. Non-stick pans have teflon, which releases toxins into the air. ICK!

4. Use flourescent light bulbs instead of incandescent!! This saves lots of energy.

5. Use a clothes-line to dry clothes instead of using a dryer. I know you can't ALWAYS use one, but even if you just use the clothes-line once a week, it's still saving energy.

6. Use both sides of paper. Ask your teacher to have her students do this, too.

7. Take showers instead of baths. You can still take baths every once-in-a-while if you want, but take showers instead as much as you can. Baths waste TWICE as much water as showers do!!

8. TURN THE WATER OFF WHILE YOU BRUSH YOUR TEETH!! YOU HAVE NO REASON TO LEAVE IT ON, AND YOU WILL SAVE 4 GALLONS OF WATER DOING THIS!!

9. Take shorter showers. Every minute you cut from your shower, you save 5 gallons of water!!

10. Use the warm or cold setting on the washing machine, instead of the hot setting. You really only need the hot water if you have reeeally dirty clothes.

11. Don't get a paper phone book. Why kill trees when you can just look people's numbers up online?

12. Give old toys/books/clothes to a thrift store. It saves resources AND helps people in need!!

13. Buy locally-grown produce whenever you can. Think how much energy it takes to fly vegetables over from China!!

14. Ask your parents to inflate their car tires!! If their tires are fully-inflated at all times, their cares will run more miles on less gas. They'll save our natural resources, not release as much toxins into the air, AND save money on gas!!

15. Buy rechargable bateries.

16. Plant a tree, and take care of the trees & plants in your yard. Healthy trees realease lots of oxygen into the air.

17. Have your parents go to a car wash (like one of those drive-through machine car wash things) instead of washing their own car. thedailygreen.com says:
Quote:
Commercial car washes require an average of about 45 gallons of water per car, whereas home washers typically use between 80 and 140 gallons.
WOW!!

I hope I could help - I'm really happy that you're trying to save our planet!!
*RowRow* is offline Female
Old 05-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #55
L E A H ! !

Lelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonder

Great thread!

I've made the Official Peace Club, and click here for the link!

Do you think you would be able to advertise my club in the first post?
Thanks! Lelex13
Lelex13 is offline Female
Old 05-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #56
Gifted

Webkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guide

Whoa! These are a lot of tips! I will look through all of them tomorrow and I'll add some to the list (:

And Lelex13 - I'll look at your club and I'll let you know if I put it on the first post (:
Old 05-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #57
L E A H ! !

Lelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonder

Thank you very much Meg!
Lelex13 is offline Female
Old 05-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #58

*RowRow* has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: How to "Go Green" [47 on the List][Created 4-11-09][Updated 5-27-09]

Thank you!! Yeah, sorry their were so much. I hope you get to your goal of 100!!!

OOH, can I add one more??

Bring those re-usable cloth bags when you go shopping instead of using plastic bags.

Last edited by *RowRow*; 05-27-2009 at 01:54 PM..
*RowRow* is offline Female
Old 05-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #59
Gifted

Default Re: How to "Go Green" [47 on the List][Created 4-11-09][Updated 5-27-09]

Thank you (:
Old 05-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #60
Gifted

Anybody else have tips?
Closed

Tags
go green people!, manamana