Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Gifted

Webkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guide

Lightbulb How to "Go Green" [50 on the List][Created 4-11-09][Updated 6-4-09]

Click the image to open in full size.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

W E L C O M E
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there! Welcome to my guide. I'm Webkinz5929 (:
This guide gives tons of tips about going green and saving the environment.

G O A L S

Here are the goals of this guide.

1. To help the environment.
2. To give people tips on how to help the environment.
3. To hear tips from other members.

For this thread I would like to get 100 tips on the list. Help us reach this goal by posting any Going Green tips (:

W A N T - T O - A D D - A - T I P ?

If you have a great Going Green tip that you would like to share, just post it on this thread. Try to read through the list first so that we don't get duplicates.

I S - S O M E T H I N G - W R O N G ?

If you see an error in this list, feel free to let me know.

T H E - L I S T
&& C A T E G O R I E S

Recycle/Trash/Resources

1. Try to use glasses instead of water bottles. Or try usuing a reusable stainless steel water bottle. This will help save resources.

2. Recycle newspapers, bottles, cans, and anything that is recyclable

3. Start a compost bin. This will create good nutrients for the soil. You'll be recycling AND saving money.

4. Recycle old phones
(bunnyslippers13)
5. If you can, walk to school. This saves gas.
(KC Connection)

6. If you can, take public transportation (example-school bus). This saves gas.
(webkinz_girl10)

7. If you're going shopping, bring a reusable bag with you. This can be any kind of hand bag or cloth bag. This will prevent more plastic and paper from going into landfills.

8. Try to buy locally grown food. Normally food is shipped from other countries which uses a lot of gas.

9. If you can drive, turn off your car if your waiting in a carpool line, or any kind of line. If you cannot drive, ask the person who drives you places to do this. It will save gas and the environment.

10. Carpool. It saves gas.
(hp1010)

11. Buy items in bulk. It saves paper/plastic.
(hp1010)

12. Buy items that are durable (clothes, games, etc) so that they last.
(hp1010)

13. At restaurants, order tap water instead of bottled water.
(IndyandLucky)
14. Use a reusable lunchbox at school/work to save paper/plastic/etc.
(Movin'2Toons)

15. You can create jump ropes out of plastic bags by braiding them together.
(bunnyslippers13)

16. Try to reduce how much trash you have by using reusable storage devices (lunchboxes), water bottles (stainless steel), etc.

17. When going clothes shopping, try to find "green" organic clothes.

18. Recycle paper at school or ask your school if they can set up a recycling system.
(WebkinzLuver04)

19. You can find out how to reuse juice/caprisun pouches to make little bags.
(WebkinzLuver04)

20. Carpool.
(WebkinzLuver04)

21. You can recycle bottles by making bird feeders.
(WebkinzLuver04)

22. NEVER litter.
(WebkinzLuver04)

23. If you are part of a girlscouts/boyscouts troop, plan a garbage pick up day where you pick up trash. You can even plan this with your friends, or start a club at school.

24. Take old t-shirts and use them as rags.
(FlyLeaf123)

25. Take old shirts and donate them to other people.

26. If there is a very young kid in your family, try to switch disposable diapers with washable ones.
(Hedgie)

27. Buy rechargeable batteries.
(*RowRow*)

28. Ask your parents to inflate their car tires. It saves gas.
(*RowRow*)

29. Use both sides of paper.
(*RowRow*)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Electricity

1. Turn off your computer at night. This will save a lot of electricity.

2. Replace your light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs. These are energy efficient and will help save electricity.

3. Unplug electronic stuff like phone chargers and radios to save electricity. (bunnyslippers13)

4. Turn off your computer, printers, speakers, etc when your done with them
(bunnyslippers13)

5. Only charge phones when you need to.
(bunnyslippers13)
6. Do you go to school? If so, ask your teachers to turn off the lights when they aren't needed.
(*July Jewel*)

7. Open windows, or raise the blinds, for natural light.
(bigolhapywebknz)

8. Put your electronics on the "Energy Saver" option if they have one.
(webkinz_)

9. If you can control the brightness on your computer/laptop, put the brightness on the low setting whenever you can.

10. Keep your house cooler in the winter, and hotter in the summer. Also make sure that your house is well insulated.
(Hedgie)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Water

1. Save water! Try taking shorter showers, don't fill the bathtub up as high, and turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth.

2. If you go to school, suggest that you school starts a Go Green club for the school. Work on recycling, saving electricity, etc.

3. Install low-flow shower heads and low-flow toilets.
(Hedgie)

4. When you're waiting for your shower to heat up, put a watering can under the cool water and use it for your plants.
(Hedgie)

5. Go to a car wash instead of washing your car by yourself.
(*RowRow*)

Environment

1. Plant flowers or trees.
(webkinz005)

2. Use vinegar instead of harmful bleaches/chemicals when ever possible.
(Hedgie)

3. Use cast-iron pans instead of non stick pans. Non stick pans release toxins into the air.
(*RowRow*)

4. Don't release balloons into the air. Animals might find them and choke on them.
(
398256501)

T H A N K S - F O R - R E A D I N G (:

Last edited by Webkinz5929; 06-04-2009 at 04:12 PM..
Webkinz5929 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

bunnyslippers13 is just really nicebunnyslippers13 is just really nice

Default Re: Guide- How to Go Green!

Here is a few tips my mom gave me!
Always plug out your radio when your done using it. even if it is turned off it will still be using energy, this will also help save money on the electricity bill
Also plug out your phone charger. even if your not charging your phone it will do the same thing the radio does.
also turn off your computer screen, speakers and printer.
only charge your phone if you only have one battery bar left. this helps save energy.
if you get a new phone don't throw away the old one. recycle it or give it charity so someone else can use it for 911 emergency's. (even if they don't have phone service you can still call 911 with it.)
thats all i got for now! hope i helped
bunnyslippers13 is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Gift Trainee

*July Jewl* has a spectacular aura about

Ask your teachers to turn off the lights when they are doing something that doesn't require light. (when they are using the computor theydon't need light because the computor produces light)
*July Jewl* is offline Female
Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #4

bunnyslippers13 is just really nicebunnyslippers13 is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by *July Jewl*
Ask your teachers to turn off the lights when they are doing something that doesn't require light. (when they are using the computor theydon't need light because the computor produces light)
Good one! also another thing something like you said but a bit different. if you are inside the house and its not dark outside yet leave all the lights turned off and open some curtains! that saves a lot of energy
bunnyslippers13 is offline Female
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
I know that we are a
Gifted

KC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roostKC Connection rules the roost

Donation Award 

my school- we have a recycling binm for paper and bottles in every class room, and go fo ra ten minute walk every day
my home- things are though when you are sick esspesially when it is 3/4 people! you use showers, baths, tv, computer, lights, heaters, thermometer, car to go to doctor... whew! but pther wise we recycle,turn off lights, computers and tv when not using them. and walking to school when the weather isnt 89-107!

Click the image to open in full size. Originally Posted by *July Jewl*

speaking of that! instead of two lights at school we only use one in our class!
KC Connection is offline Female
Old 04-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
Never too late

sunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant future

OMJ! Great tips and.. I just made my own green thread and I didn't notice yours. I'm sorry!
sunshine_girl is offline Female
Old 04-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
Alyssa and her

bigolhapywebknz is just really nicebigolhapywebknz is just really nice

When your in room during the day turn off the light and open up the window so you cna get natural light!
bigolhapywebknz is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #8
Lil Kinz
BeWaterWise Rep is on a distinguished road

This is such a great thread. These tips are really useful. Thanx all of you
Here is my suggestion on how to save water and stay green: Water Saving Tips
Along with energy conservation, water conservation is also very important these days. Fresh water levels in many areas of the world (including Southern California) have dropped significantly. Hence let's all make a conscious effort to save water for a better future.
BeWaterWise Rep is offline Male
Old 04-22-2009, 07:06 AM   #9
Proud Jesus Freak!

HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!

Use water wisely. Don't shower for 30 minutes when you only need 10.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
Pinkarmy

pinkarmy is on a distinguished road

You could also take shorter showers,
Turn off lights when they don't need to be on.
Turning off lights is a biggie for me. If I see a light on and no one is using it,
OMG I FREAK!!!!! It makes me sooooooooo mad.
These are really good tips. I hope people follow these.... I don't want our planet to disappear,
and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
Closed

Tags
go green people!, manamana