Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Default how to give your [virtual] pet a makeover ~ yep, this is a guide on how to do edited hair :3 [PICTURES]

Click the image to open in full size.
Hey! (:

As most of you know, there are times in life when you need to edit hair on your webkinz. Okay, so most of us haven't had those times. But if you're a WNTMer, graphic artist, or just want to fool around with Paint or GIMP and give your pet a rockin' do, then this is for you.

I've been experimenting with different hairstyles, and here are some I've done of my lil' horse ShimmerStar;
Spoiler: show

You Need:
*GIMP or Paint.
*Basic GIMP or Paint skills. (cropping, pencil tool, etc. Just simple stuff.)
*A picture or screenshot of the pet you're making over. Solid backgrounds help.
*A computer. (just kidding. )

I also used my graphics tablet, (made by Wacom) it makes it easier to draw, but this is not needed at all. (; But if you have one, I recommend using it.

Just a note, I'm not familiar with paint at all, partially because I have a really old version and don't really use it much. I'm fairly certain however that you can do all this on paint, but if I'm wrong about something, please correct me. (:

How to Make your Hair (;

Step #1:
Figure out what hairstyle you want your Webkinz to have. Either work from a picture, or a mental image. I just usually do the latter, but it might help to have a picture of what you're going for. (: I've decided to make a pinky-purple bob.

Step #2:
Upload your image, and crop and resize if necessary. A solid background helps for drawing in my opinion, but if you have a crazy-colored one, go for it. (: I used the t-shirt designer, and cropped it so there was only white to showcase her hair.

Step #3:
Prepare your image for drawing. Use the eyedropper tool to get your pet's color, and use your pencil tool to draw over any hair that might get in the way of your pet's bangs to 'erase' them, and any hair that sticks out to the side.

Step #4:
Before we start drawing, you need to select two colors. Color #1 is the color you want her hair. Color #2 is a darker shade of the same color used to outline and draw details. This color should be quite dark, you should be able to see it, but it shouldn't make the hair look 'striped.' Just play with it, and you'll find two you like together. (oh, and make sure the color doesn't blend in with the pet.)

Step #5:
Now we get to draw! First of all, zoom in to 400%. I always start with the forehead, so that means bangs first. Using Color #2, start to outline the bangs--don't fill them in though. (see why we cut away some of her mane? They would show on the right side.)

Step #6:
Next, start drawing the outline of her actual hair. Remember, hair should go in front of her shoulder AND behind it. There shouldn't just be one strand over her shoulder, just like the hair should also go in front and behind the ears. Again, don't fill it in. (:

Step #7:
Now we can fill it in! Use color #1 for this. You don't have to be exact with this, but be especially careful around the lines of your bangs. Using bucket fill really helps, and touch it up with pencil where it missed.

Also, with color #2, draw a line for her part to make it more realistic if you want. (:

Step #8:
We're almost done! Using Color #2, make lines in the hair to add realisticness. Make the lines flow with the hair. If you have a picture of the hairstyle, copy the way the hair flows, or just eye it.

Step #9:
This is the finishing touch! : D Using color #1, make it a few shades lighter--we're going to use this to make highlights to make it look shiny. White looks to harsh, so just lighten your original color.

Decide where the 'light' is coming from. If it's coming from the left, she'd have more highlights on that side than the other. Stroke the color on right next to the lines you made earlier with color #2.

See how much lift that gives it?

And there you have it, edited hair! (:
Feel free to add suggestions or ask for clarification if I confused you. xP Enjoy!

~Bree

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
TaliaJoy18 </3

aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible
aquahusky14 challenges the impossibleaquahusky14 challenges the impossible

Default Re: how to give your [virtual] pet a makeover ~ yep, this is a guide on how to do edited hair :3 [PICTURES]

This is a wicked guide. Definitely using this guide for makeovers in my WNTM
aquahusky14 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
hiddlesbatched
sportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tell
sportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tellsportslover has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: how to give your [virtual] pet a makeover ~ yep, this is a guide on how to do edited hair :3 [PICTURES]

Thanksies!!!!! I'll use it sometime in the future!
sportslover is offline Female
Old 09-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
put a Wacky here!
Gifted

webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise
webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise

This is AMAZING!
I'll definitely be using this for makeovers in my wntm
webkinzlover400 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #5

Koodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roost

Great guide, Bree !
Koodo is offline Female
Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
Wacky and
Gifted

aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day
aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Great job!
You are very talented!
aug2168 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Ooh... that looks SO cool. I stink at GIMP and even more at Paint though, but this is an awesome guide!!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 09-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #8
Swiftie <3

kippergirl8 is not just visiting!kippergirl8 is not just visiting!kippergirl8 is not just visiting!kippergirl8 is not just visiting!kippergirl8 is not just visiting!kippergirl8 is not just visiting!kippergirl8 is not just visiting!kippergirl8 is not just visiting!kippergirl8 is not just visiting!kippergirl8 is not just visiting!kippergirl8 is not just visiting!

I just might have to try this. Then, since Leah wants to join my next WNTM season, we wouldn't have a major problem with her doing makeovers. xD
kippergirl8 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #9
lps3cheese has disabled reputation

Great guide! I've always wanted to give Tawni a makeover :3
Also, all of the tools you mentioned are avalible on the latest version of Paint.
lps3cheese is offline Female
Old 09-27-2011, 10:06 PM   #10

Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade
Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade

This is a great guide! I may play around with Paint/GIMP using this gude c:
Aikou is offline Female
Closed

Tags
soa