Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #81
Meadowlark

Default Re: HOW TO: Get the MOST pet food value for your kinz cash $$$$$$

View Post Originally Posted by icepink3
Both of you-extra helpful! I never thought about it before but I realize I was wasting a lot of KC buying random foods. I'm going to stick to this "diet" now! Thanks!
View Post Originally Posted by nlm2898
Thanks for this post! I knew asparagus was a great food but this ws awesome!
View Post Originally Posted by smiley7000
Thank you for helping!

You're welcome! Don't forget to check the sale items for the high hunger-value foods! You can get some fantastic values then.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #82
Look world I'm
Gift Guru

marileemed is just really nicemarileemed is just really nice

This helps me out too! I have been feeding my farm fresh when they are hungry when I can sell it at the W-shop and buy cheaper stuff to feed them....MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!!
Thanks Meadowlark and Marshmallowcat! Reps to both!!!!
marileemed is offline Female
Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #83
Gifted

Lola_lake is on a distinguished road

This is too funny.... I'd love to have seen the conversation when Ganz put these values on foods. lol

The charts are great! I like the second one cuz it figures in farm fresh foods. I mostly use farm fresh foods because it *feels like* its free... lol. Rice and asparagus are my two staples when I buy food.

I haven't found any recipes that use farm fresh food... has anyone else? I hope they add some.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #84
seagull220
Webkinz :)

seagull220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mac & Cheese has been on 50% sale for the last few days. Great time to stock up on it (especially since hunger is back).

Farm fresh food is nice but you get more of a hunger boost by selling it at the W shop and buying white rice with the proceeds.

---------- seagull220 added 16 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

Here is another chart with the food info:
http://www.***************.org/webkinz/Webkinz-Food.htm

and they also have the answer to your questions about recipes at
http://www.***************.org/webkin...nz-Recipes.htm

The boosts are NOT the sum of the ingredients.
The best hunger boost/kc for recipes I found was the Stuffed leafy melon (15 boost/14 kc) followed by the Slotto Fruit (15/16) and Vegetable Stir Fry (14/15) but they still pale in comparison to White rice (even when it is not on sale).

There are a bunch of new recipes for which the boost va;ues are not given (or at least were not listed two months ago when I checked it) and there are always more new recipes.

I read conflicting messages about whether using farm fresh vegetables in recipes results in gunk or in recipes with higher boost values but I never tested it.

If you do test it, please post the results.

---------- seagull220 added 9 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

One of the reasons I haven't tested the recipes is that I do not know how to get my happiness and health down below 80 reasonably fast.

The only way I know to do that is to leave my pet unattended for hours (but keep clicking every few minutes so it does not get logged out).

I can't even play games because that would boost the happiness back up which makes it rather boring. I wish there was some way to reduce happiness (faster than feeding brocolli) that would make it easier to measure the hunger/health/happy boost for different foods and recipes

Last edited by seagull220; 02-22-2008 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #85
Meadowlark

Thanks everyone!

Seagull - Thanks for the helpful additions to the thread! Rep point for you.

I'll have to check out that link!

Last edited by Meadowlark; 03-03-2008 at 11:17 PM..
Old 03-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #86
dawn6767

dawn6767 is on a distinguished road

to reduce the health and happiness dont feed them. when hunger goes below a certain amount the other levels fall fast.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #87
KPam
Gifted

KPam is on a distinguished road

I have a tip too. Buy a garden and fill it with crops. You make your money back quick if you sell them instead of eating them. Most of the crops give the same hunger boost as their W store counter parts (the only difference is the health boost), but you can sell most crops for more than they cost to buy in the store. I find the best values are strawberries, you can harvest alot at once and they sell for $1 more than they cost. I make about $300 a day from gardening, but I only spend about $100 or less on food.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #88
Meadowlark

Good tip! Selling produce from gardens (especially strawberries) definitely is a good way to increase your income. Now that we know skipping the watering makes no difference in the yield it's even easier to make time for gardening.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #89

koreeinthehouse is an unknown quantity at this point

nice tpis thanks a ton
look at my thread pleeasse
:rbt: <--- hopefully my parentos get me this for easter im sooo excited ily webkinz insider!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #90
alexstar503
alexstar503 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed