Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #21
Gifted

MyDogParis is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: HOW TO: Get the MOST pet food value for your kinz cash $$$$$$

View Post Originally Posted by Meadowlark
That's a very good tip for all the gardeners out there! Thanks!
no problem
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2007, 01:51 AM   #22
Gifted

WebkinzGram is just really niceWebkinzGram is just really nice

This is great info - thanks so much for posting! Something to keep in mind along with this info is that some pets (at least it's true for mine) will complain if you give them the same food too many times in a row, so you still will need to have a variety on hand. I have paid attention to which foods boost the happiness and health to keep these from getting too low while I'm gardening or "visiting" my grandkids in their Webkinz home while they're online. If I've been in the tournament area for a while where I couldn't feed my pet and I notice everything is really low, I'll use a variety of foods to boost her - a sweet treat for happiness points and maybe vitamins for health, and then finally some healthy food for hunger.

Since I've read Hamlet's helpful tips on how to make a lot of Kinzcash with checkers, I've been trying to do that when I have the time. I like how you can play the games in your room and still be able to access the pets to feed them, as opposed to the tournament and arcade behavior. To keep the food cost to a minimum while I'm doing that, I created a "rehab room" that has everything I need to tend to my pet in one place, so if I'm in a hurry, I can do it all in one place and log out quickly, which is helpful if I'm playing close to shutdown time or just have a few minutes to be online. The rehab room has a toilet, bathtub, treadmill, bed, and the checkers game. If the health gets low, I'll let her have about 15 seconds on the treadmill. If the happiness is more than 2 points low even after feeding, I'll give her a very quick bath - you don't even need to use soap - just rinse and towel dry and you're done. And then when I'm done playing checkers, I can put her to bed and log out from there and not have to wait for her bedroom to load. Works for me.

WebkinzGram
Old 09-19-2007, 12:20 PM   #23
Gift Guru

kinzcash addict is just really nicekinzcash addict is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzGram
This is great info - thanks so much for posting! Something to keep in mind along with this info is that some pets (at least it's true for mine) will complain if you give them the same food too many times in a row, so you still will need to have a variety on hand. I have paid attention to which foods boost the happiness and health to keep these from getting too low while I'm gardening or "visiting" my grandkids in their Webkinz home while they're online. If I've been in the tournament area for a while where I couldn't feed my pet and I notice everything is really low, I'll use a variety of foods to boost her - a sweet treat for happiness points and maybe vitamins for health, and then finally some healthy food for hunger.

Since I've read Hamlet's helpful tips on how to make a lot of Kinzcash with checkers, I've been trying to do that when I have the time. I like how you can play the games in your room and still be able to access the pets to feed them, as opposed to the tournament and arcade behavior. To keep the food cost to a minimum while I'm doing that, I created a "rehab room" that has everything I need to tend to my pet in one place, so if I'm in a hurry, I can do it all in one place and log out quickly, which is helpful if I'm playing close to shutdown time or just have a few minutes to be online. The rehab room has a toilet, bathtub, treadmill, bed, and the checkers game. If the health gets low, I'll let her have about 15 seconds on the treadmill. If the happiness is more than 2 points low even after feeding, I'll give her a very quick bath - you don't even need to use soap - just rinse and towel dry and you're done. And then when I'm done playing checkers, I can put her to bed and log out from there and not have to wait for her bedroom to load. Works for me.

WebkinzGram

Good point..remember some foods make them unhappy ---potato being one--so varying does matter

GRAM!
You sound like me---I started a rehab room too...didn't call it that though....
-Now not to hi-jack this thread...but how are ya doing on the checkers...I'm terrible but I am trying Hamlets stratagy too! PM me
Old 09-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #24
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by kinzcash addict
Good point..remember some foods make them unhappy ---potato being one--so varying does matter

GRAM!
You sound like me---I started a rehab room too...didn't call it that though....
-Now not to hi-jack this thread...but how are ya doing on the checkers...I'm terrible but I am trying Hamlets stratagy too! PM me
Hey, KC Addict! I didn't know what else to call my room - rehabilitation sounded like a good thing since it has all the stuff needed to deal with whatever she needs, including the puzzle and checkers game for entertainment. But sometimes I think "rehab" sounds too Britney-ish LOL, so I've been trying to think of a better name that implies a room that has it all.

I haven't seen any complaints about potatoes, but I did get some flack when I tried to feed it gunk one time, so now whenever I get gunk, I just sell it in the W Shop. And I also discovered that they absolutely do not like the special foods unless it is THEIR special food. I only have one Webkinz, but my granddaughter has two - a cow and a poodle. Once I was playing games on her account and tried to feed her poodle the candy grass that is the cow's special food and she absolutely would NOT eat it! Sometimes she says "I guess I can eat that" but most times she just flat-out refuses and says "feed me something else please," including if I try to give her vitamins two times in a row. Picky, picky!

I'll elaborate more on the checkers back in the checkers thread that Hamlet started so as not to let this thread stray too far, but the quick answer to your question is I think I've earned a C+ in checkers so far, which is better than the D- I was getting before following Hamlet's tips. I have had to resolve myself not to do it as a multitasking effort (like when I'm on the phone) because I get wiped out every time. I try to do it while watching TV, and that costs me some moves as well if I try to split my attention during a pivotal moment in the show I'm watching. I find when I am focused and the moves go well, I can absolutely nail the game in 90 seconds flat. But my weakness is in my "recon efforts," as I call them. Quite often, I will notice an opportunity for a double jump to getting kinged just as I'm in the midst of making some other benign move, and at the very moment I am screaming about that missed opportunity, I learn the hard way that I have put myself in harm's way and been double or triple-jumped by my opponent. My neighbors surely must wonder who I'm arguing with in here because I scream at my computer a lot LOL. That, plus clapping and screaming for joy when something good happens on TV makes for a very eccentric singleton neighbor LOL.

WebkinzGram
Old 09-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #25
Meadowlark

Lightbulb Re: HOW TO: Get the MOST pet food value for your kinz cash $$$$$$

. . . sometimes I think "rehab" sounds too Britney-ish LOL, so I've been trying to think of a better name that implies a room that has it all. WebkinzGram
Interesting observation about the reaction to a different pet's special food.

(Now that I've paid homage to my thread topic - - - what do you think of these names for your rehab room: "TLC Center", Kinz Wellness Room", "Well-Kinz Center ", "Cuddly Convalescent Care", or "Kinz ICU"? )

Last edited by Meadowlark; 09-21-2007 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: reduced font size
Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 PM   #26
Gifted

Interesting observation about the reacton to a different pet's special food.

(Now that I've paid homage to my thread topic - - - what do you think of these names for your rehab room: "TLC Center", Kinz Wellness Room", "Well-Kinz Center ", "Cuddly Convalescent Care", or "Kinz ICU"? )

Wow, Meadowlark, you really have a talent for picking names! I love them all, and I think I'm going to vote for Well-Kinz Center, though I have to admit it was hard to pick just one! Thanks!

WebkinzGram
Old 09-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #27
Gift Guru

kinzcash addict is just really nicekinzcash addict is just really nice

Interesting observation about the reacton to a different pet's special food.

Those are great names...I called mine the Quick room

I also noticed that with the psf foods...what a waste of $25 kc...it gave my pet 2 points of hunger!...or it rejected it which is better!!!

Last edited by kinzcash addict; 09-19-2007 at 11:31 PM..
Old 09-20-2007, 05:40 AM   #28
Gift Guru

zookeeper is on a distinguished road

the Restoration Room? The spa?
Old 09-20-2007, 05:37 PM   #29
Meadowlark

Smile Re: HOW TO: Get the MOST pet food value for your kinz cash $$$$$$

Wow, Meadowlark, you really have a talent for picking names! I love them all, and I think I'm going to vote for Well-Kinz Center, though I have to admit it was hard to pick just one! Thanks! WebkinzGram
You're welcome! I had fun thinking up the names.
(Sorry about the huge font size in previous posts! I was staying at my daughter's house for a few days while she was away and I didn't realize her computer's screen settings must be different than mine!)
Old 09-21-2007, 07:09 AM   #30
kcdavidson
Gifted
kcdavidson is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much - I'll be stocking up on white rice and potatos when they are on sale!
kcdavidson is offline Female
Closed