Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
TheMomKinz
Webkinz :)

TheMomKinz is a jewel in the roughTheMomKinz is a jewel in the rough

Default How to Figure out Which Server Your Account is On

There has been some discussion as to whether or not it matters which server your account is on with regards to the Halloween ghost. This may apply to other contests or actions now or in the future or there may already be a better place for this post. If this is the case, if this thread needs to be moved, that's fine with me.

So, for whatever reason if you are wanting to know what server your Webkinz account is using, here goes.

First off, some people say that it does not matter if you know your server or not. If you want to know what server you are on, here is how to find out for using the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you don't already use Firefox, you might consider using it. Here is the download link. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Okay, so if you are using Mozilla's super awesome Firefox browser, go to the login page for Webkinz. The shortcut page is: http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?go=loadReturnUser&aol=0&fs=0 This does not mean that your server is number 4. This is a loader page and has nothing to do with the server number. No, I can't explain about servers and I have no earthly idea why I have access to four accounts and they are each on a different server. For that matter, I don't understand how the microwave works, either. Sorry.

Before you log in with your username and password, make sure you have enabled your status bar. This is done by choosing the third option on the top left of your browser window called "View" Then make sure there is a check mark next to Status Bar. No check mark means the status bar will not show up. Having a check mark next to Status bar means it will show up.

Click the image to open in full size.

To enable the status bar, click the view tab as pictured above. Make sure there is a check mark next to Status Bar (which is the second option down on this View tab).

Okay. Next you will see where to find this Status Bar.

At the bottom left corner of your browser screen, the picture above indicates that the current status is "Waiting for www.webkinz.com..." This is where you will look for your server number.

It just so happens that my account utilizes Server 4 as indicated in the picture above. The Status Bar reads: "Transferring data from wapi4.webkinz.com..." That wapi4 means WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure. I only know that because I googled it. Anyway, the only important part of this is that the 4 means that I am on Server 4.

As it happens, my daughter's account uses a completely different server. See?

The Status Bar above says "Waiting for wapi16.webkinz.com..." This means that her account is served by Server 16.

And that, my friends is how to figure out which server your Webkinz account is using. I hope this helps!

If you are hoping to use the information from learning your server number to find the ghost for Halloween candy, here is a link to the post that has the patterns by server:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f244/webkinz-insider-official-ghost-busters-thread-565337/index1557.html You will find the patterns by server in Post #2.

The color theory indicates that the ghost can be found in the following colors which can be cross-referenced with the room patterns in the above referenced post as follows:

light blue, yellow, and green at these times past the hour- :08, :23, :38, and :53.

gold, dark blue, and pink at these times past the hour- :12, :27, :42, :57.

...give or take a minute or so. Don't forget to go by KinzTime (KT) instead of your particular time zone. Sometimes I forget about that.

========================================================
Some are also finding the ghost in the Coral Cove while on Vacation at :06 :21 :36 :51 past the hour. If you can't get into the Clubhouse, try this!
========================================================

Because of the server maintenance, many have seen success by clearing the cache and opening their account through www.webkinz.com.

For a GREAT thread on clearing your cache visit:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f137/how-clear-your-cache-especially-after-534444/index3.html (Post #1)

There has also been some talk of making sure you have the latest version of adobe flash player:
Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

or even updating Firefox:
Firefox Browser | Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox | Free Download

One poster today said that when she spoke with Ganz Customer Service (1-866-WEBKINZ) over the weekend they recommended using Firefox. I have experienced much less freezing up with Firefox so I use it most of the time!

If you are a Safari browser, try this link for checking on updates:
Apple - Safari - Download Safari - Download the world’s fastest and most innovative browser for Mac and PC

Last edited by TheMomKinz; 10-28-2009 at 09:42 PM..
TheMomKinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: How to Figure out Which Server Your Account is On

Thank you! This is very helpful!
cocoabean is offline Female
Old 10-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
WHONK™!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: How to Figure out Which Server Your Account is On

Very Helpful!

On account of browsers - I would recommend if your using Windows to not use Internet Explorer. It is the most clunky of the browsers and I always had problems running WW on it.

Performance wise, generally Firefox is the best on Windows and Safari the best on Mac when it comes to WW.
vince730 is offline Male
Closed