I am a MAC lover
and noticed that many of the mac users on want to know how to post pictures of their house
. I have not found a thread on uploading photos using a Mac, but if there is one, I hope this is a helpful supplement. After you read this guide you will love your MAC even more and will not envy our PC friends! Don't worry, this is simple! I promise! 1. How do I take pictures of stuff using my Mac?
You are going to use the Grab Application
on your Mac to take pictures of your entire screen or just the parts you want.
To open your Grab Application
, go to your hard drive icon and click on Applications
. Next, double-click on Utilities
. Inside the Utilities folder, you will find your Grab Application Icon. Open Grab by double-clicking on the icon.
At the top of your computer screen, you will now see the Grab
and the commands: File, Edit, Capture, Window and Help.
Choose one of the following commands from the Capture
- Selection takes a picture of a part of the screen that you select. You can use this command if you just want to take a picture of part of your room, or just your pet.
- Window takes a picture of a window you select.
- Screen takes a picture of the entire screen.
Follow the instructions in the dialog for the command you chose. 2. How do I save my picture on my computer?
3. How do I take move my picture from my desktop to ?
- After you have taken your picture, click on File>Save As.
- Type in the name of your picture so you will remember it. For example: "My Outside Yard."
- I usually save my Grabs to my desktop so I can quickly find them to upload them. You can always file them away later so you can keep your desktop uncluttered.
- You will see an icon representing your picture (Grab). The file extension will be .TIFF (My Outside Yard.TIFF)
- TIFF files contain the most information about your picture, so they are very large. You will learn how to make your picture smaller so you can upload it to in the next section.
As mentioned above, Grab saves screen shots as files in TIFF format. If you want to use your screen shots on the web, in email, and especially
, you can use the Preview application
to convert your TIFF files to other formats. Valid photo file extensions for are: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .pdf, .png, and zip.
- Open Preview (located in Applications) and choose File > Open.
- Locate the file you want to convert and click Open.
- Choose File > Save As.
- Choose a file format from the Format pop-up menu and click Save.
- Now you are ready to "upload" your picture from your desktop to
- Go to post your new thread and type your message. For example, "Check out my sick house!" (Sick means cool, awesome and all that.)
- Scroll down and click on the Manage Attachments under the Additional Options section.
- Click on the Browse button to select your picture from your desktop. Don't forget to select the picture that you saved in a different format, not the TIFF one. Click the Open button. Repeat this step for each picture you want to include.
- You will now see the file name(s) of your picture(s) in the field(s) of the Manage Attachments window. Click the Upload button.Close the Manage Attachments window and click on Submit New Thread!
Voila! 4. How do I get my picture to be REALLY big? BIG thanks to Dixiecup for her visual tutorial!
This is VERY EASY. Complete steps #1 and #2 above.
Go to http://www.tinypic.com
. Tinypic is a hosting site, which means they will save your big picture files for you and WI, saving server space for WI
and helping you to post your pictures on WI
, message boards, emails, etc. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 980x424.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 606x469.
COPY THE SECOND LINK that says Image code and just paste it right under your text.
mentioned in her thread "How to Upload Photos" (for PC)
, "You can always go back and modify your thread by clicking on the modify button and repeating these steps. You can even remove old pics and add new ones. Instead of submit new thread you would click on save."
Please let me know if you are a Mac user and this works for you, or if you have any challenges. I am happy to help.
So where are the pictures of my house? Well, just like my real world house, I am constantly changing things around, trying to get it "perfect." O know this will never happen so I think I will take my own advice in this post and just do it! Have fun! Be free Mac users!
But also follow MissyK’s “WI House Rules” when posting your house pics. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/house-posting-guidelines-t5770.html.
Mods and Admins, please edit any portion of this post that may not be accurate. Thank you! Peacock Noodle when ganz makes a peacock i will be at peace with WW.