Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
uvs being an insane
Webkinz :)

Smiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud of

Default How do you post pics without making an attachment?

Does anyone know how I can post pic like people do on their house threads? I tried to just copy and paste, but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks!
- Smiley

Anbody? Hello...

Last edited by Smiley Rockr; 03-17-2009 at 07:45 PM..
Smiley Rockr is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: How do you post pics without making an attachment?

You upload it to tinypic.com, and copy the "direct link for layouts". Then, you click this button:
Click the image to open in full size.
And you enter the link.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
^The Coolest Girl^

Jennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to behold

You can use a website like Photobucket or Tinypic which are hosting websites. You upload a picture and you can copy the forum code and just paste it into the post.
Jennybeevee is offline Female
Old 03-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
harfia has a spectacular aura about

Check out the link in my signature for a complete guide on how to post pics.
harfia is offline Female
Old 03-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #5
uvs being an insane

Smiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud of

Ah, thanks! That really helps
Smiley Rockr is offline Female
Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Here, this is From Peacock Noodle's guide on Mac and PC/laptop use for making pics. If you press the green arrow it will take you right to her helpful guide
View Post Originally Posted by Peacock Noodle
Hi all!
I am a MAC lover and noticed that many of the mac users on want to know how to post pictures of their house. I have not found a thread on uploading photos using a Mac, but if there is one, I hope this is a helpful supplement.

After you read this guide you will love your MAC even more and will not envy our PC friends!
Don't worry, this is simple! I promise!

1. How do I take pictures of stuff using my Mac?
You are going to use the Grab Application on your Mac to take pictures of your entire screen or just the parts you want.

To open your Grab Application, go to your hard drive icon and click on Applications. Next, double-click on Utilities. Inside the Utilities folder, you will find your Grab Application Icon. Open Grab by double-clicking on the icon.

At the top of your computer screen, you will now see the Grab and the commands: File, Edit, Capture, Window and Help.

Choose one of the following commands from the Capture menu:
  • Selection takes a picture of a part of the screen that you select. You can use this command if you just want to take a picture of part of your room, or just your pet.
  • Window takes a picture of a window you select.
  • Screen takes a picture of the entire screen.
Follow the instructions in the dialog for the command you chose.

2. How do I save my picture on my computer?
  • After you have taken your picture, click on File>Save As.
  • Type in the name of your picture so you will remember it. For example: "My Outside Yard."
  • I usually save my Grabs to my desktop so I can quickly find them to upload them. You can always file them away later so you can keep your desktop uncluttered.
  • You will see an icon representing your picture (Grab). The file extension will be .TIFF (My Outside Yard.TIFF)
  • TIFF files contain the most information about your picture, so they are very large. You will learn how to make your picture smaller so you can upload it to in the next section.
3. How do I take move my picture from my desktop to ?
As mentioned above, Grab saves screen shots as files in TIFF format. If you want to use your screen shots on the web, in email, and especially , you can use the Preview application to convert your TIFF files to other formats. Valid photo file extensions for are: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .pdf, .png, and zip.
  • Open Preview (located in Applications) and choose File > Open.
  • Locate the file you want to convert and click Open.
  • Choose File > Save As.
  • Choose a file format from the Format pop-up menu and click Save.
  • Now you are ready to "upload" your picture from your desktop to
  • Go to post your new thread and type your message. For example, "Check out my sick house!" (Sick means cool, awesome and all that.)
  • Scroll down and click on the Manage Attachments under the Additional Options section.
  • Click on the Browse button to select your picture from your desktop. Don't forget to select the picture that you saved in a different format, not the TIFF one. Click the Open button. Repeat this step for each picture you want to include.
  • You will now see the file name(s) of your picture(s) in the field(s) of the Manage Attachments window. Click the Upload button.Close the Manage Attachments window and click on Submit New Thread!
Voila!

4. How do I get my picture to be REALLY big?
BIG thanks to Dixiecup for her visual tutorial!
This is VERY EASY. Complete steps #1 and #2 above. Go to http://www.tinypic.com . Tinypic is a hosting site, which means they will save your big picture files for you and WI, saving server space for WI and helping you to post your pictures on WI, message boards, emails, etc.

Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 980x424.Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 606x469.Click the image to open in full size.
COPY THE SECOND LINK that says Image code and just paste it right under your text.

As starry2night mentioned in her thread "How to Upload Photos" (for PC), "You can always go back and modify your thread by clicking on the modify button and repeating these steps. You can even remove old pics and add new ones. Instead of submit new thread you would click on save."

Please let me know if you are a Mac user and this works for you, or if you have any challenges. I am happy to help.

So where are the pictures of my house? Well, just like my real world house, I am constantly changing things around, trying to get it "perfect." O know this will never happen so I think I will take my own advice in this post and just do it!

Have fun! Be free Mac users! But also follow MissyK’s “WI House Rules” when posting your house pics. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/house-posting-guidelines-t5770.html.
Mods and Admins, please edit any portion of this post that may not be accurate. Thank you!

Peacock Noodle

when ganz makes a peacock i will be at peace with WW.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed