Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default How to Create a Strong Password

Written by FIA
Wednesday, 04 February 2009

In this day and age, all of us deal with passwords every day of our lives. From our Webkinz accounts, to our eMail accounts, to our bank accounts, and beyond. While most of us typically give little thought to our passwords, the fact is that creating a strong password is the single most important thing we can do when it comes to protecting our online accounts.

Do you know if the passwords you use for your accounts are strong enough? The folks over at Microsoft have created a "Password Checker" that will take a look at your password and tell you if it is Weak, Medium, Strong, or BEST. Please visit this page to check it out: http://www.microsoft.com/protect/you...d/checker.mspx

Did your password fail the test, or do you just want to know how to make your password stronger? This article on the Microsoft site should be able to help you out. It's called Strong Passwords: How to Create and Use Them, and it carefully explains what makes a password strong and gives you tips on how you can create a strong password for yourself. The article is located here: http://www.microsoft.com/protect/you...rd/create.mspx

If something is important to you, it's worth creating a strong password to keep it safe.

Click the image to open in full size.
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
Webkinz :)
webcrazy has a spectacular aura aboutwebcrazy has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: How to Create a Strong Password

As great a system this may be to judge you passwords, there isn't any place on the web I would trust and start typing in my many passwords (except to access a certain site). But to just type in password, after password - no way!
I think it is great that you can read how to make a strong password but...my skeptical side says that it won't be long before someone makes a similar/identical form and sends them via email pretending to be microsoft and instead it will be a scammer accessing your passwords.
I just don't feel comfortable with this - but then that's just my two cents worth.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
montanarose9

Hehe thanks for telling us this website, FIA.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Thank you for the reminder .
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
I have 3
Gift Guru

skysierra is the cats pajamas!skysierra is the cats pajamas!skysierra is the cats pajamas!skysierra is the cats pajamas!skysierra is the cats pajamas!skysierra is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

Fantastic Idea to post this! Thank you!!
skysierra is offline Female
Old 02-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #6

bears-rule has disabled reputation

Thanks for the Reminder!
bears-rule is offline Male
Old 02-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #7
i think imma

clublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You!!
clublab30 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
yep, i know, i'm a

emclancy7 is a glorious beacon of lightemclancy7 is a glorious beacon of light

thanks FIA!
emclancy7 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #9
Gifted

luvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting this! Off to check my passwords now
Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #10
ally is 2 legit 4 ur

OFFIE has a spectacular aura about

thnx!!! I will try it rite now.............................
OFFIE is offline Female
Closed

Tags
banana!, clublab30 gotz a tag!, hailee, lotooo read this!, sherbertbunny♥, zookie says "hrrr."