Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Call me Makena
Webkinz :)

gymnastics519 has disabled reputation

Default -How to Create a Blend on GIMP Without Having to Use the Same Background!-

Click the image to open in full size.

Hey(: My names Makena, &I'm going to show you a simple way on how to create blends on GIMP without having to use the same background (i.e. you don't have to use photo shoot pictures, per say.)
HERE ARE THE 2 IMAGES I WILL BE USING;
Spoiler: show

THE STEPS;;
NOTE; If your images are not the same size, it's ok, I will explain how to adjust them in this tutorial as well.
1. Open up GIMP.
2. Go to File>Open.
3. Find 2 pictures you would like to use for the blend. (Remember, they can be totally different backgrounds if you want.)
4. Hold down 'ctrl' button to select the 2 images at once.
5. Press 'Open'. The pictures should open up in 2 separate windows.
6. Open up the layers menu if you haven't yet. (ctrl+L)
7. Go to one of the pictures, and press 'ctrl' and the letter 'c' at the same time.
8. Go to the other picture, and press 'ctrl' and the letter 'v' at the same time. Now there should be one of the pictures on top of the other.
9. Click on the 'New Layer' button. (Layer>New Layer) ;;

10. Move the top picture to the left or right. It will start to disapear, but that's good. It should look something like this ;;

11. Go to Image>Fit Canvas to Layers (The Image column thing is in the same space as File, Edit, Select, View, etc.) It should looks something like this ;;

(NOTE; IF YOUR IMAGES AREN'T THE SAME SIZE, AND YOU CAN SEE BLACK/GREY CHECKERS IN THE BACKGROUND, GO TO THE SCALE TOOL (Click the image to open in full size.), AND AJUST THE IMAGE SO THAT THERE IS NO BLACK/GREY CHECKERS. THEN CLICK 'SCALE'.)
12. Right click on the 'Pasted Layer' in the Layers manual. Once you've done that, click on 'Add Layer Mask'. A window will pop up. Make sure the bullet is at 'White (full opacity)'. Click 'Add'. ;;

13. Click on the Gradient tool (Click the image to open in full size.). Then drag the line across the 'Pasted layer' image (to your liking). Then let go of the line, and you have your blend! It should look something like this ;;

TIP; The more your gradient line goes out, the more fadded it will look.
14. Once you have your blend to your liking, right click on 'Pasted Layer' in the layers Manual. Once you've done that, click 'Flatten Image'. ;;

And there you have it! A blend! (:
There are extra things you can do in the next post, so before you save your image, you can check out the extra things..but if not, then here's how to save your blend;
15. To save your blend, go to File>Save As
16. Put in whatever you want to name your blend, then but .jpg
(i.e., chihuahua.jpg)
17. A window may pop up that says something about Exporting your image. If it does pop up (it doesn't all the time), then click 'Export'.
18. Another window will pop up. Put the quality to 100. Then click 'Save'.

Congrats! You made a blend! (:
If you have any questions, or problems/complications, please PM me.

&don't forget to look at the next post for extra things you can add to your blend.
(:
gymnastics519 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
Call me Makena

Default Extras.

EXTRAS.
These are some additional things you can add on to your blend.
(Textures&Borders)

TEXTURES.
STEPS;
1. Go to google images, or photobucket.com & search 'textures' in the search bar.
2. Once you find a texture you like, copy it.
3. Go back to GIMP (where your blend will already be opened). Press 'ctrl' and the letter V at the same time. your texture should be on top of your blend.
4. Use the scale tool (Click the image to open in full size.) to adjust the dimensions. It doesn't matter if you don't put it to the exact measurments of the blend, because it will just scale it to the blend after anyways.
5. Once you've done that, press 'Scale'.
6. If you haven't already, open up your layers menu (ctrl+L)
8. Make sure 'Floating Selection (Pasted Layer)' is selected in your layers menu.
9. Use the 'Opacity' dial to fade it. There are also many other options you can use in the 'Mode'. (i.e. screen, overlay, dissolve, etc.) which is also in your layers menu.
10. Once you have it to your liking, go to Layer>Anchor Layer
(The Layer thing is at the top where File, Edit, View, Image, etc. is. NOT in the layers menu.)
11. Voila! You have a texture. (: If you don't want to learn how to put a boarder on, then save it. (Saving instructions are in the first post)

*Add any text if you want to.

BORDER.
STEPS;

1. Open your blend on GIMP if it's not opened yet.
2. Open up your layers menu if it's not opened yet. (ctrl+L)
3. Go to your layers menu, right click on the 'Background' layer, and click on 'Alpha to Selection'. Once you click on that, there should be little "ants" going around your blend.
4. Now go to Edit>Stroke Selection
5. A window will pop up. Make sure your line width is set at 2.0
6. Click 'Stroke'
7. And you have a border! I may not look like it, but you do. Don't worry if the "ants" are still around your image, it doesn't matter.
8. Save your blend. (Saving instructions are in the first post).

*Add any text if you want to.

Last edited by gymnastics519; 04-03-2011 at 08:50 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #3

WebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: -How to Create a Blend on GIMP Without Having to Use the Same Background!-

this is what i got (:
WebkinzCollecte is offline Female
Old 04-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Call me Makena

Default Re: -How to Create a Blend on GIMP Without Having to Use the Same Background!-

That looks great! Good job.
(:
Old 04-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #5

WebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clownWebkinzCollecte is cool as a bunny clown

thankk you
(:
WebkinzCollecte is offline Female
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #6

agonn knows the way
agonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the way

I made this: Click the image to open in full size.
I give this thread 5 stars because it's easy to follow and it gives you GREAT results!

This is what I came up with for the texture: Click the image to open in full size.
It's kinda blurry, but it's good for the first blend/texture. (:
THANKS!

Last edited by agonn; 04-08-2011 at 10:51 AM..
agonn is offline Female
Old 04-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
Call me Makena

Great job! It looks so cool!
Thanks so much(:
As for the texture, I think it's also good for your first one! Just make sure the original texture isn't that blurry so you can come out with an even better results the next time. (:
Old 04-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

You should make a ton of tutorials like this! You are so kind and helpful! I just got Gimp today, and I was confused as to how to put in a PICTURE before I got to this xD Rep

Here is my kitten blend:

And here is a background explain that I figured out how to do using YOUR steps to THIS that I'm going to put in my shop

Thank so much!!

EDIT: Here is the banner I am using for my shop. I used blend:

Last edited by SophieKinz; 04-11-2011 at 06:16 PM..
SophieKinz is offline Female
Old 04-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
Call me Makena

Aww, thanks so much, it means alot! (:
All of those graphics look awesome!
&good luck with your shop(:
Old 04-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

View Post Originally Posted by gymnastics519
Aww, thanks so much, it means alot! (:
All of those graphics look awesome!
&good luck with your shop(:
Thanks! I already had a shop, but now that I know these tips, I am definitely going to use them to become more successful
SophieKinz is offline Female
Closed

Tags
<(^^.)>slu-nail-urtle-oth