Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Arrow how to brighten up your room {with common objects}

Click the image to open in full size.

-how to brighten up your room {with common objects}-

-hello-
Hi there, and welcome to my guide. (:
So about a year ago, I moved out of a room I’d been sharing with my younger sister and into my own bedroom in what used to be our office. It became apparent that my sister had owned a lot of our old room, including the decorations. I was immediately thrilled by the concept of being able to decorate my own room and set out to find ways to brighten up the space, it being unfortunately dark and wood panels. So here I will share my tips on –How to brighten up your room {with common objects}-!

-my tips-
A lot of the time when you get tired of your room and feel like you need to redecorate, it’s best to give it a sprucing up and maybe switch some furniture around.

-moving furniture : A lot of the time this can give you a fresh perspective on the room, no matter how big or small. It’s best to position your bed on the wall beside your door if possible, however with rooms such as mine it is not possible, because it has double doors that take up most of that room.

-sprucing up : “Sprucing up” has lots of different definitions, depending on who exactly you ask. My definition of it is to brighten your room up by adding and changing around. I will expound on this later. (:

-my ideas-
There are countless ways to spruce up your room and make it ideal and comfortable to live in. Your bedroom is supposed to be your “abode,” if I may, and should not stay messy all the time unless you are most comfortable with it that way. If you are ready to spruce up your room, you will need it to be clean.
Once you’re ready, here are some of my tips for brightening up your room with simple and common items.

-paper chain : Paper chains have been around for a while, yeah? Well, this is my own personal twist on the paper chain.
Take colorful scrapbooking paper and cut it into strips about 1-1/2 inches thick and five long (longer if needed or desired). Touch ends with the paper and tape them together with clear Scotch tape. Thread the next strip through that one and tape it the same way. Do this until you have a string long enough for what you plan to do with it. The chain is nice to hang over your bed or wherever you see fit.

-flowers in a vase : Flowers, especially nice bright ones, are the perfect touch to a room that needs brightening up. If you’re looking for bright colors, zinnias would be perfect, while for a subtler and lighter touch, sprigs of cherry blossoms or a few hydrangeas makes a beautiful addition. You can add in sprigs of other things, like long grasses, to make it look professional.

-butterflies on the wall : Butterflies are commonly associated with flowers and pretty colors and are beautiful to see. Try cutting out butterfly shapes in colorful (preferably patterned) paper with about three or four inches wingspan and gently fold them into an obtuse angle. Stick the angle of the butterfly to your wall and group several around it however you like.

-butterfly pencil holder : Those butterflies don't have to just stick to the wall! After resizing the pattern and tracing smaller butterflies, take a container suitable for holding pencils, and if desired cover it with paper or decoupage. Once your container is ready, take your little butterflies and use tacky glue to stick them around the rim of your container. This holder will be a cute, colorful addition to your desk or wherever you store your pens and pencils.
-tips : Small ceramic painted flowerpots make cute pencil holders, and the butterflies make a nice effect on them.

-more ideas coming soon-
I hope I was able to help with ideas to spruce up your room! (:

Last edited by gimmeabook; 04-20-2012 at 10:44 AM..
gimmeabook is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default Seasonal Decor

Click the image to open in full size.

s e a s o n a l
d e c o r

-Spring decoration ideas to come-

Last edited by gimmeabook; 04-19-2012 at 05:08 PM..
Old 03-31-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Gift Guru

doggierule has disabled reputation

Default Re: how to brighten up your room {with common objects}

Wow, I didn't know you made this! Great job on it!
doggierule is offline Female
Old 03-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
ebkinz ExtravaGANZa!
Webkinz :)

extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness
extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness

This is an amazing guide! Thank you for taking your time to make this for all of us!
extravaGANZa is offline Male
Old 03-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #5

agonn knows the way
agonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the way

Great thread, thanks!
agonn is offline Female
Old 03-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by doggierule
Wow, I didn't know you made this! Great job on it!
View Post Originally Posted by extravaGANZa
This is an amazing guide! Thank you for taking your time to make this for all of us!
View Post Originally Posted by agonn
Great thread, thanks!
Thank yous! I'm glad it was helpful.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Charizard is happily
Gifted

YOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicness
YOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicness

Awesome guide! Definitely helpful!
YOMCNUGGET is offline Female
Old 03-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by YOMCNUGGET
Awesome guide! Definitely helpful!
Thank you!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #9

uniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the boss
uniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the bossuniquecowgirl is the boss

Wonderful ideas. When i move into my new room, i'll remember this!
uniquecowgirl is offline Female
Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by uniquecowgirl
Wonderful ideas. When i move into my new room, i'll remember this!
You're moving into a new room? Cool Glad I could help!
Closed

Tags
bradying