Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
disney world.
Webkinz :)

loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!

Default Helpful Hints To Stay Away From Getting Hacking

Helpful Hints To Stay Away From Getting Hacked.

I have gotten hacked a lot of times before, and I know how horrible is. Here's a guide on how to stay away from getting hacked.

How to keep someone form getting into your account

~*DO NOT ever give out your password. Not to ANYONE.

- Not even to friends. You may trust them, but there's still a chance. They may want an item you have.

- NEVER people on the internet. Don't ever believe websites that may say "Give me your password, and I'll get you 100,000,000 KC." It's a trick.
-Don't to WI members also.

~*Make your password hard.

- DO NOT make it something easy. If you know someone personally, they could crack the code.
-Don't make it something like..
..Your name/nick-name
..Your pets name .
..Your user-name
..'Password'

-Have it something you would know like..
..A series of jumbled letters/number that only you would know.
..Have some caps in your password.

-
If you want to check your password strength, go to some kind of 'Password Checker'

~* Don't ever give someone your pet code!!!

-With a pet code, you can change your password. This will allow someone to get into your account.
-KEEP YOUR CODES TO YOURSELF!

~* Don't add anyone you don't know to your phone.
- Maybe only add family members and/or friends. Some people feel more safe if people on their friend list is only people you know.

If someone does get onto your account.

~* If someone does get onto your account, don't suspect it was a friend.
- Some random person online could have just guessed, and got it right. This is rare, but it could happen.

~*If you're online, and you keep getting the pop-up where it logs you out, change your password.
-This could be someone getting on your account.

~* Don't panic. If you know someone is on your account, don't be running around the house. Change your password as fast as you can.
- If someone changes your password, get a pet code. Miss. Birdy wasn't lying. Pet codes prove that your account is really yours. If your password is not what it was, click 'Forgot your password' and enter a pet code. Not only will you be able to get on, but it will change your password. You will be aware of what the password is. Make sure you used the pet code already.

How You Know If You Were Hacked.
~* You try to log on, and your password was changed.
~* You lost some-lots of kinzcash.
~* You are missing items.
~* Your pets are hungry/sick.

If You Were Hacked.
~* If you did get hacked, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD first off. Now, that person can't get on.
~* Go through your house, and write down all that is missing. They most likely will be Super beds, Exclusive Items, PSI, Rare, or Curio Shop.
~* Get some cheap food. Send one of it to everyone on your phone. If it says you already send something to that person, there's your hacker. Call GANZ.
~* If there's someone on your phone that you don't recall adding.
- That's your hacker.

Helpful Hints if someone gets into your account.

~* Don't have a room named 'The Closet, Exclusive Item Room, Rare Room.' etc. so the hacker will not know you keep your good items there.
- This will be the hackers target. They will know, you store the good stuff in that room. If you want a storage room, name a room something like 'The bedroom' store all your valuables.
~* Spread Items Around.
- Spread your exclusives around your house. This should help.

I hope this helps you guys out. Good luck!

Last edited by loveaerosmith; 11-12-2010 at 06:23 PM..
loveaerosmith is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
ッ Livin' life to the

booboo13 has a spectacular aura aboutbooboo13 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Helpful Hints To Stay Away From Getting Hacking

thank you soooo much that is very helpful
Old 11-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
Jigoku Shoujo
kinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by loveaerosmith
~* Get some cheap food. Send one of it to everyone on your phone. If it says you already send something to that person, there's your hacker. Call GANZ.
wow that's really helpful! i'll remember to do that if i ever get hacked (if i ever)
kinzpost is offline Female
Old 11-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
disney world.

loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!loveaerosmith is headed for the top!

Thanks you too!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #5

AwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forum
AwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forum

wow thanx a lot
i didnt think of the sending cheap food thing to find out the hacker at all
AwesomeDude is offline Male
Old 11-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #6

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

Very helpful thread. I especially would never have thought to send something to the people on my phone list to find the culprit.

I hope you don't mind if I clarify one point. You say

"If someone changes your password, get a pet code. Miss. Birdy wasn't lying. Pet codes prove that your account is really yours. If your password is not what it was, click 'Forgot your password' and enter a pet code. Not only will you be able to get on, but it will change your password. You will be aware of what the password is."

That's great advice, but I think you meant to say, enter the code of a pet you have already adopted. (As you know, if someone rushes out to buy a new pet for it's code, that would be a waste of time, because Ganz wouldn't recognize that code as one connected to your account.) This step also points out the great importance of saving the code in a safe place after adopting each pet.

Again, thanks for the great thread.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female
Old 11-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
disney world.

View Post Originally Posted by Bloo's Pal
Very helpful thread. I especially would never have thought to send something to the people on my phone list to find the culprit.

I hope you don't mind if I clarify one point. You say

"If someone changes your password, get a pet code. Miss. Birdy wasn't lying. Pet codes prove that your account is really yours. If your password is not what it was, click 'Forgot your password' and enter a pet code. Not only will you be able to get on, but it will change your password. You will be aware of what the password is."

That's great advice, but I think you meant to say, enter the code of a pet you have already adopted. (As you know, if someone rushes out to buy a new pet for it's code, that would be a waste of time, because Ganz wouldn't recognize that code as one connected to your account.) This step also points out the great importance of saving the code in a safe place after adopting each pet.

Again, thanks for the great thread.

Well yeah, I'll go make that clearer. Thank you
Closed