Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
Jynx
Gifted

jynx is a jewel in the roughjynx is a jewel in the rough

Default Have you ever wanted to make a webkinz smilee? Well now you can!

Just follow these simple steps to become a master at designing and coloring webkinz smilees!

Coloring:
Attachment 51913

1.Make sure the background is all white

2. color in the outline a darker color then you will color in the rest of the smilie

3. Color in the smilie. Do you see how some of it is darker then the rest? That is shading-don't color in the darker areas yet.

4. Color in the darker areas a slightly darker color then the rest of the smilie (but not as dark as the outline) to give it shading

5. save as a .PNG

6. GREAT JOB! You colored your own webkinz smilie!

Designing!!:
Attachment 51914

The picture shows how to make a shnauzer smilee, but you can use these steps to design any kind of smilee you want!!

1. Find a picture of the webkinz (doesn't matter if it's plush or virtual) and a smilee that looks a little like the webkinz you are making. This smilee, the reference smilee, will help you with the size and shape of the smilee you are making.

2. Use the reference picture to design part of the smilee's outline. As you can see, the I copied the White Terrier's body shape to use for the schanuzer. But sometimes it's the heads or tails that look alike, for example: the kangaroo's head looks like the reindeer's head (I think) and the wolf's tail looks a little like the husky's tail. If there is no other webkinz that looks like the webkinz that you are making a smilee for, you can still use a reference smilee, but only to get the right size.

3. Draw the rest of the new smilee's outline. For heads you can usually use the circle tool

4. Add finishing touches to the outline, such as ears or tails

5. Color in the main part of the smilee, the body, using the tool that copies the colors (the one that's all over the shnauzer plush in the above picture) copy the color of the body. Pay close attention to any markings the animal has (for example-the schnauzer has white feet) Also add the eyes and nose. The eyes are spread as far as the nose is wide (in the schnauzer; the nose is three pixels wide, so the eyes are 3 pixels apart)

6. Add eyebrows and other details, such as whiskers (and, in the schnauzer's case, a beard )

7 & 8. Add more detail color-wise, such as shading.

9. Save as a .PNG I made a mistake and accidently saved as .JPEG, which messes up the color

10. CONGRATULATIONS!! You have now mastered coloring and designing webkinz smilees! Now try putting them in different positoins and have different expressions (happy , silly:bas: bored:chi: (yes, I think the chihuahua looks a little bored poor chihuahua))

*To see the pictures bigger, copy and paste them into paint and zoom in all the way-to 800% I apologize fr the blurry schnauzer pic; that's what happen's when you save as a .JPEG *

To see smilees of the new webkinz I have made, click the "click here" at the end of my siggie

Last edited by jynx; 05-25-2008 at 01:35 PM..
jynx is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Jynx
Gifted

jynx is a jewel in the roughjynx is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Have you ever wanted to make a webkinz smilee? Well now you can!

Anyone? Please comment!
jynx is offline Female
Old 01-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
lateralus.
Gift Guru

glamglam is a WI addict!
glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!

WOAH! Thanks so much for the Guide! If I make one I will post it so you can see it
Old 01-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
Lost102938

OMG that is so cool, but how do you save as a .PNG?
Old 01-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
lateralus.
Gift Guru

glamglam is a WI addict!
glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!

Do you like my Webkinz P & W cat?
Old 01-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
2222r
Gifted

2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!

( .. ) Thanks!
☼V <-----Add this to your siggy!
2222r is offline Female
Old 01-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
Gift Trainee

kktt34 has a spectacular aura about

thaks dude like u r so kind
Old 01-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
lateralus.
Gift Guru

glamglam is a WI addict!

Oops sorry i I didn't uploaded it! LO!L!
Attached Images
File Type: bmpP cat.bmp (3.4 KB, 178 views)
Old 01-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #9
Gifted

iluvdancing101 is on a distinguished road

i want to design my own. but i need a webkinz to design. any ideas?
iluvdancing101 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
lateralus.
Gift Guru

glamglam is a WI addict!

Ugh that a horrible smiley. The one I made. LO!L! B lab instead of B poodle!
Attached Images
File Type: bmpB lab.bmp (4.0 KB, 170 views)
Closed