Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Guides & How-tos (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/guides-how-tos-137/)
-   -   Guidelines on Welcoming New Members! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/guides-how-tos-137/guidelines-welcoming-new-members-465708/)

lucky390002-04-2009 11:36 PM

Guidelines on Welcoming New Members!

Ok, I know that we all have special ways of welcoming the newbies, but some of us sometimes don't know what to say. That's perfectly ok though:) This guide was created to help you welcome new members!!

#1. Graphic-
This isn't necessary but it adds a unique twist to your welcome! You can make or find some really cool ones at www.glitterfy.com! Anyways I just think that a welcome graphic adds a cool spin on your welcome:)

#2. FAQ & RULES-
Before a member can even post they have to agree to the Rules, but it's safe to give them a link and/or point it out to them where it is:) Also telling them where and/or givng a link to the FAQ is a really good idea.

#3. You!-
Introduce yourself! Tell them your favorite webbies or your favorite candy bar! Just remember, NO PERSONAL INFORMATION! That's a big no-no, and if you see personal info in the first post, flag the post and a mod will edit the info. out!

#4 Helpful Links-
Give links to the new member that you think that will TRULY help them:) I think some good ones are Guides on setting your profile, REP, Applying for a GT, and links to threads that will show them all the cool things that are here at WI:)

#6 You Can Lean On Me-
Let the new member know that if they ever need any help that they can always contact you if they need help:) It's always good to know that there is someone you can count on.

#7 Random Facts-
Give them a little bit of WI...such as the ranks or what colors of stars and things like that! They will appreciate the wisdom that you give:)

These tips don't have to go in a certain order, I just set them up like that! :)

Ok and now for one last thing....

Do's!
be friendly
give helpful links
let them know they can count on you
include info about the FAQ and Rules and point out where it is

Don'ts!
Personal Information
Being Rude
just leave a graphic

That's about everything I can think of! If you have any tips yourself I will add it to the thread:) Thanks for reading!

montanarose902-05-2009 12:29 AM

Re: Guidelines on Welcoming New Members!

Wow! This is awesome thread! I'll use this in the future!

lucky390002-05-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montanarose9 (Post 12857412)
Wow! This is awesome thread! I'll use this in the future!

Lissyla1202-06-2009 04:48 PM

Great thread! Thanks so much. You seem like you really know what you're doing! WI is a brighter place because of friendly, helpful, welcoming people like you!

luvzingoz02-06-2009 04:51 PM

This is a wonderful thread! People can really use your advice for welcoming the newbies!!

lucky390002-07-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissyla12 (Post 12875147)
Great thread! Thanks so much. You seem like you really know what you're doing! WI is a brighter place because of friendly, helpful, welcoming people like you!

Oh my goodness!:o That is one of the sweetest compliments I have ever received! Aww Thanks so much:) rep just for being so sweet:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvzingoz (Post 12875210)
This is a wonderful thread! People can really use your advice for welcoming the newbies!!

Thanks! I'm glad that you like my advice and my thread! thanks so much!

---------- lucky3900 added 1343 Minutes and 23 Seconds later ----------

Does anyone have anything they would like to add?

bears-rule02-08-2009 05:31 PM

Wow this is a Great Thread Maybe once i am newer then maybe i will do this stuff! I just joined today! :)

lucky390002-08-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bears-rule (Post 12911528)
Wow this is a Great Thread Maybe once i am newer then maybe i will do this stuff! I just joined today! :)

Oh thanks so much! I'm glad you like the thread:) Congrats on joining WI and Welcome too!:)s

Rejewal02-09-2009 07:44 PM

Can I add something?

First I would like to say you have done an excellant job on your thread! :)

While welcoming is very nice and a great way to meet the new members, if you are really sincere about your welcome and you are wanting to welcome out of your heart then it is very important that you read the persons intro and answer any questions that they have, if you are not reading the intro then you are not really taking the time to really help them, often a new member asks a question in their intro and it goes unanswered. If someone has already answered the question obviously we don't need 20 people answering the same question, but if you read the welcomes above you and the questions are still left unanswered take the extra time and effort and answer.

I know it takes a lot of time to do this but if you don't have extra time that day to read and answer then just welcome one or two members that day.

I have seen some beautifully put together welcomes and I applaude the effort it has taken to create them but sometimes it's the little things in life that are more important than the grand gestures.

lucky390002-09-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rejewal (Post 12926513)
Can I add something?

First I would like to say you have done an excellant job on your thread! :)

While welcoming is very nice and a great way to meet the new members, if you are really sincere about your welcome and you are wanting to welcome out of your heart then it is very important that you read the persons intro and answer any questions that they have, if you are not reading the intro then you are not really taking the time to really help them, often a new member asks a question in their intro and it goes unanswered. If someone has already answered the question obviously we don't need 20 people answering the same question, but if you read the welcomes above you and the questions are still left unanswered take the extra time and effort and answer.

I know it takes a lot of time to do this but if you don't have extra time that day to read and answer then just welcome one or two members that day.

I have seen some beautifully put together welcomes and I applaude the effort it has taken to create them but sometimes it's the little things in life that are more important than the grand gestures.

I see what you mean! Your right about people not appreciating the wonderful work that some WI members make in their welcomes! I've seen a LOT of really nice ones. I do get what your saying though!

Also, thanks for the compliment on my thread:)