Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

Default A guide that will help with all of your graphics such as making an avatar or signature or take a screenshot

This guide will help you to make avatars and signatures. The guide is split into 3 sections which are How to Make Avatars, How to Make Signatures, and How to Take Screenshots. Now are you ready? If you are then lets get reading....

How to Make Avatars

There are two ways to get an avatar. I am going to tell you how to make your own custom avatar first and then how to get an avatar from google.

1. Make sure you have PAINT ready to be used.

2. Go to paint and make a picture.

3. Save your picture. Make sure it goes in your pictures.

4. Come back here.

5. Click user cp at the top of the screen.

6. Click "Edit Avatar".

7. Click "Browse".

8. Go to " My Pictures".

9. Select the picture you made.

10. Click "open".

12. Save.

Congratulations you just made a custom avatar!!!

This is a guide to make an avatar from google images...
(Please remember images from google are under copyright and you will need permmission to use them)

1. Go to google images.

2. Search for a picture you want.

3. Right Click on the picture and hit "Save Picture As".

4. It will take you to your pictures. Just type the name in and hit "save".

5. Come here and click "user cp".

6. Click "Edit Avatar".

7. Click "BROWSE".

8. Select the picture you got from google.

9. Click "open".

10. Save the avatar.

Congratulations you've made an avatar using images from google!

P.S. If you go to User Cp at the top of the page and click "Edit Avatar" you can choose from a couple of pre-made avatars for you to use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Make Signatures

There are 2 ways to make a signature. They are to make a customized one and to get one from google. Here is a guide to doing both.

1. Make sure you have PAINT ready to use.

2. Go to paint and make a picture.

3. Save your picture and make sure it goes in your pictures.

4. Come back here.

5. Click user cp at the top of your screen.

6. Click "Edit Signature".

7. Go to where it says "Upload a Signature Picture".

8. Upload the picture.

9. Click "Insert Signature Picture".

10. Save.

Congratulations you made a customized signature!

This is a guide to make a signature using google a picture from google...

(Please remember images from google are under copyright so you need permission to use them)

1. Go to google and find the picture you want in your signature.

2. Right click and click "Save Picture As".

3. It will take you to your pictures.

4. Type in the name and save.

5. Come here and click user cp at the top of your screen.

6. Click "Edit Signature".

7. Go to where it says "Upload a Signature Picture".

8. Upload the picture.

9. Click "Insert Signature Picture".

10. Save.

Congratulations you've made a signature using a picture from google images.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to Take Screenshots

This is a guide that will help you when you need to take a picture of your screen without using a camera and taking a picture of it that way.

1. Go to where you want to post a picture of your screen.

2. Click "Prnt Scrn".

3. Go to paint and click paste.

4. Save.

5. Go to tinypic.com and upload the picture.

6. Post the code for forums in your post.

Congratulations you just took a screenshot!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that is the end of the guide. Hope it helped!

Last edited by gabbyz2; 01-25-2009 at 12:03 PM..
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Lil Kinz

Snoogle is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: How to make avatars and signatures!

You have to remember that images from google images are under copyright, so use with permission.
Also, include a section on making and using screenshots.
Programs such as gimp and photoshop work much better than paint, so if you can use either of those.
Snoogle is offline Male
Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 AM   #3
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

Default Re: How to make avatars and signatures!

View Post Originally Posted by Snoogle
You have to remember that images from google images are under copyright, so use with permission.
Also, include a section on making and using screenshots.
Programs such as gimp and photoshop work much better than paint, so if you can use either of those.
I added that images from google ar eunder copright so they need to be used with permission.

I also added a section on how to take screenshots.

I know they're are other programs you can use to make graphics but I don't think I have those programs or know how to use them so paint is easier for me to explain on. Also I know every computer comes with paint so if someone doesn't have any other program except paint they will be able to use paint to make their graphics.

Thanks for all the help. Rep for you!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
Falling for
Webkinz :)

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Default Re: A guide that will help with all of your graphics such as making an avatar or signature or take a screenshot

You say to get permission for copywrited google pictures. But, how exactly do you do that? Secondly, I downloaded an avatar with permission but WI says it's too big. They say they can only accept images that are under 48.8 KB, but my image is only 38 KB. Do you have any idea what the problem is? I would really appreciate any help you can give!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
Gifted

Default Re: A guide that will help with all of your graphics such as making an avatar or signature or take a screenshot

View Post Originally Posted by GrandBlancGirls
You say to get permission for copywrited google pictures. But, how exactly do you do that? Secondly, I downloaded an avatar with permission but WI says it's too big. They say they can only accept images that are under 48.8 KB, but my image is only 38 KB. Do you have any idea what the problem is? I would really appreciate any help you can give!
That means if you use that image you cannot just say that it is your original creation because somebody else made it and they deserve the credit. So if you are to use one of those images please credit the person who really did create it.

Also what it means is that the file size is too big. I've had problems with this too. I suggest pming a moderator to change that picture to your avatar.

Hope this answers your questions!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
jml123456789

jj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to all

That is very helpful!!
jj887 is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by jj887
That is very helpful!!
Thanks for the compliment and the rep jj887!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
jml123456789

jj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to all

You're welcome you deserved it!!
jj887 is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
Gifted

Thanks again!
Closed