Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
Gift Trainee

x3Kiwi is a jewel in the roughx3Kiwi is a jewel in the rough

Default A Guide to staying safe in the Clubhouse

Click the image to open in full size.
A guide to staying safe in the Clubhouse

Keep yourself safe.
Learn all about

safety
not getting scammed
not getting hacked
etc;

Keep yourself safe.

Introduction
I made this guide because people love the clubhouse, but some people do not realize the dangers. Every day I see people upset about getting scammed, or hacked from the clubhouse.., so.., I made this guide! All about staying safe!

This is not trying to scare anyone on getting hacked, scammed, etc. Its just trying to help you not be in that situation!

Tips from WI members

Quote:

Emloveswebkins
Also watch out for the switch and click hackers, they will switch an item and click trade really quick!

BTW in case anyone was wondering

A ball of chocolate and gold is NOT a superbed
The thing that looks like a golf hole is NOT a game
A food that looks like a fancy chair is NOT a rare item!
Scammers

Always check the prices before you trade
Always check the price on a item before you trade. Otherwise, you could be getting a bad deal.

Do not fall for tricks
Do not give into tricks like "I'll trade it once you give me that," OR, "Trade or I report". Those things are just tricks trying to make you give into there fake lies. If they report you for no reason they can get reported for false reporting. Just walk away. If the were going to trade you, why would they ask you to give it to them first THEN THEY'LL GIVE YOU IT. When you can easily trade it at the same time.

Hackers

Do not give away your account
Some people say they'll trade accounts with you, or put a bunch of free stuff on your account. Even though your tempted don't! For one, its against the Webkinz ToS(or rules..) Second, you can easily measily(that rhymed, and its not even a word!) get scammed, or hacked.

Do not enter your password or username anywhere except Webkinz
There are sites that dress up to look like Webkinz or another site. Remember to check the address before logging in. Also, watch out.., some sites have viruses like keyloggers. Whenever you go to a unknown site always try to run a virus check. They are very dangerous. They can hack into your computer, or even find out everything you type, so they'll know ALL your passwords.

Don't trust anyone
Even if your best friend, or friend, or even a stranger seems trustworthy, don't give them your account username and password. Even if you trust and know them in real life. Its against the rules, and they can scam or hack you.

Safety
More important than getting scammed or hacked.

Do not give out personal information
If someone asks you for a E-mail Address, Phone-Number, IP Address, your own address, age, etc. Do not give it to them! Get a parent or guardian and tell them what happened. Then block the person.

Do not give out your picture
Do not give out personal pictures of yourself on the internet. Someone can easily see them.

These are just a few tips. Hope you enjoy them though, . Have fun on , playing it safe with the Clubhouse, and your 's

Last edited by x3Kiwi; 12-10-2008 at 06:31 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

Default Re: A Guide to staying safe in the Clubhouse

Good guide and tips, rep for you!

Also watch out for the switch and click hackers, they will switch an item and click trade really quick!

Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Old 12-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
Gift Trainee

x3Kiwi is a jewel in the roughx3Kiwi is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Emloveswebkins
Good guide and tips, rep for you!

Thanks, and thanks! I'll add that to the thread, and give credit to you for the information!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

thanks, sometimes i have seen people saying that they thought that food was rare so i hope no one falls for that!
Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Closed