Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Guide To New Members! New To WI? Come Here To Learn All About It!

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

HI! I am Geminicat21 and I am creating a guide for people who are new to WebkinzInsider and WebkinzInsider's Forums.

First I suggust taking a look at the FAQ and Rules. They are the most important part of being a part of this forum. Here are the links:

FAQ - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/faq.php
Rules - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules
More Rules - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ead-t3999.html

NO SCAMMING- We don't tolerate scamming here on WI, please don't try it! No asking for people's passwords or giving out codes, or anything else that could lead to a member being scammed. If someone asks for your password, notify an admin/mod immediately!!

NO RUDENESS OR BAD BEHAVIOR- WI is a community about Webkinz for everyone to have fun. Please respect your fellow members and treat them as you would ilke to be treated yourself! Please do not create fake images or stories to get attention, this has become a real problem here on WI and it won't be tolerated any more.

NO SHARING PERSONAL INFO - Protect yourself and don't share any personal Infomation. This includes city, age, phone number, address, last name, etc. If you are wondering if something is personal information either don't post it or ask an adult. Also, if you are talking about a small webkinz-selling store that isn't a chain please refrain from saying the name of the store. Limited Too or Hallmark is fine but don't say things like ( FOR EXAMPLE ) Bob's Little Webkinz Store.

NO FAKING IMAGES OR NEWS AND LIEING: Please do not say you have a webkinz when you do not have one. Do not edit images to trick people into thinking a new webkinz is coming out. You can get permentaly banned for it and the mods and admins know when an image has been edited. Lieing ( such as saying you are Hannah Montana or saying you own Ganz ) isn't good. No one likes a liar so keep it truthful. It comes in handy around here.

NO TEXT SPEAK: You can use text speak like LOL, ROFL and OMG but try to keep it simple. With your friend's it's impressive but there are adult webkinz-lovers that don't want to spend all afternoon trying to figure out what you are saying. Just try to keep it simple for text speak.

DO NOT POST IN THIS BLUE OR THIS RED: They are reserved for the mods and admins please do not post in these colors.

DO NOT "BUMP": Please do not "Bump" your thread to the top of the list. It's not messercary and it's allowed. Bump stands for bring up my post. You shouldn't use it unless in the Gift Exchange.

*If this is your first forum you should know that a Thread is a topic and a Post is a single reply to a topic.

*NEVER BE AFRAID TO ASK PEOPLE QUESTIONS!

*If you see someone doing something wrong then please FLAG it. Just click the little red flag in the corner of the post. It is next to the Thumb.

*The Thumb is for rep. Reputation is a system on WebkinzInsider that gives good points for the member. The Member does something helpful give them rep. You can give rep by clicking the thumb, writing a short message and submitting. Those little green boxes under a person's picture is to show how much rep a person has.

*An Avatar is the little picture under your name. It can express things that you like. You can make or get your own or use the webkinz ones provided by WebkinzInsider.

*If you are looking to see the threads you posted on check the subscribed threads link. It's under the USER CP.

*Profiles is another way of expressing yourself. You can customize it ( like mine. There is a guide below that shows you how to customize it ) and then chat on it. To access someone else's just click on their avatar or name then "View Public Profile."

*Your Signature is something below every post you post. It can have links and/or a picture or words. If you are just starting out with your first signature maybe put your amount of webkinz and what you like to do other than webkinz.

*A PM is a Private message that people with 10 posts. If you want to PM me, just click my name and then Send and private Message to Geminicat21. PMing is ONLY for people with more than 10 posts.

*Some WEBKINZ shorten words are:

**WKWand WW - Webkinz World
**PSI - Pet Spefic Items
**PSF - Pet Spefic Foods
**POTM - Pet Of The Month
**WI - Webkinz Insider
**WOTM - Wheel of The Month
**WOW - Wheel Of Wow
**COW - Crown Of Wonder

Here are some other GREAT guides on different parts of the forum.

All About Reputation: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...nd-t56759.html

Profiles: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e-t338594.html

Taking Pictures and Putting It On The Site: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ave-t8630.html

How To Make Clickable Links In Your Siggy: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...s-t201659.html

All The Newest Things Around Here - A Quick Reference Guide - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...d-t237763.html

All Things About The Gift Exchange - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-t219641.html

HOPE I HELPED! IF I MISSED ANYTHING ( older members ) PLEASE LET ME KNOW! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PM ME OR ASK ME ON THIS THREAD OR PROFILE MESSAGE.

THANK YOU,

GEMINICAT21

Last edited by Geminicat21; 07-28-2008 at 09:55 AM..
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
i'm a girl! lol!
Gifted

mrmoo23 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Guide To New Members! New To WI? Come Here To Learn All About It!

thanks for the guide!
mrmoo23 is offline Female
Old 07-31-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Guide To New Members! New To WI? Come Here To Learn All About It!

Is any other people intersted?
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Old 07-31-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

Tinkerbell4me is an unknown quantity at this point

Smile Re: Guide To New Members! New To WI? Come Here To Learn All About It!

Thank you! Most people assume you know the basics. I have visited other forums; but have not posted before, so all of this is new to me

---------- Tinkerbell4me added 40 Minutes and 55 Seconds later ----------

Geminicat, thank you again .
I just re read your thread. I didn't know what PM was. I assumed it was similar to IM in Yahoo, but wasn't sure. I wondered why I couldn't see a way to send a message, but your Thread let me know it was because I don't have 10 posts yet.

You said not to be afraid to ask questions.

I have a Free spin Coupon in my dock on WW & don't know how to use it. I have searched WI for this & couldn't find anything.
Would you know how to use it?

Last edited by Tinkerbell4me; 07-31-2008 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Tinkerbell4me is offline Female
Closed